10+ Year Old Account

Ghost in the Shell: First Assault

Not really sure on this one. Would prefer it be an rpg like Cyberpunk 2077 but I'll probably give it a try since I'm a ghost fan. Wonder why they didn't go with the reboot's look for her?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wonder why they didn't go with the reboot's look for her?
    You mean Arise? Other than her design in that series looks like absolute shit....[sarcasm]I can't imagine why. [/sarcasm]
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

A story driven RPG/Open World would be more interesting instead of this re-skinned, future-tech, shoot-em-up arena/deathmatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    A story driven RPG/Open World would be more interesting instead of this re-skinned, future-tech, shoot-em-up arena/deathmatch.
    yeah, looks like a standard FPS game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You mean Arise? Other than her design in that series looks like absolute shit....[sarcasm]I can't imagine why. [/sarcasm]
    Yeah, her looking so "young" in the reboot might be popular with some but it looks weird to me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Signed up for it anyway. It may turn out to be an okay game.

Love Ghost in the Shell, love SAC even more. Started Arise, wasn't interested.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Nexon?

The guys that ruined Combat Arms after it was glorious in Beta?
    The guys that are so terrible that most Koreans abandoned them?
    Those guys?

As much as I love GitS, this is doomed to failure.

Deleted
    I've only seen Ghost in the shell 1.0 and I never understood what the fuzz is about in this time, though I'm seeing it in 2015. The animation was top notch for the time it was made in, like 15 years a head of time. But I don't get why people pretend like it is so good still right now, nostalgia maybe?

But yea, this is just for the first movie. Planning on watching 2.0 or whatever the second part is called (not the remake).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've only seen Ghost in the shell 1.0 and I never understood what the fuzz is about in this time, though I'm seeing it in 2015. The animation was top notch for the time it was made in, like 15 years a head of time. But I don't get why people pretend like it is so good still right now, nostalgia maybe?

But yea, this is just for the first movie. Planning on watching 2.0 or whatever the second part is called (not the remake).
    Watch Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, then watch Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG and 2nd GIG (series 1 and 2). Don't watch Arise.

Innocence isn't great, but S.A.C. is excellent.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Generic looking team deathmatch type stuff. Published by Nexon. Their trailer today got flagged by YT for "false advertising/scam/spam" (which was hilarious).

I should be interested because I love GITS (have the PS2 game sitting on my shelf), but damn if my interest level is below the gutter.

uuuugh what a shame, another freemium nexon game that looks like their other freemium games

Getting mad at nexon isn't right though, they're just doing their thing. It's in their nature! Shame on IP owners for loaning their names out to companies like them :\
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Got my hopes up with the video... then realized this is pretty much the same trailer from last year but with English voice acting, new music, and no laughing man logos on faces.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Don't watch Arise.
    What's wrong with Arise? I thought it was good.
    Last edited by LaughingMan; 2015-09-18 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno what I expected from this, but I suddenly want a single player RPG for GitS. I mean come on playing as the major in a batman type / witcher type of game? Kreygasm

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much potential for a good, current-gen GITS game. I wish we'd get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since Dirty Bomb is really great fun, i registered for this too, it is worth try since i like the IP, but my expectations are very low
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm I registered but I'm not too optimistic. I'd definitely prefer a single player GITS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

Might be because this anime is not about animation, but story.

On the topic of the game, it looks very generic and quite dated. I doubt I'll be giving it a try. Also support the idea of a Ghost in the Shell RPG, would be so much better than an FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Mm I registered but I'm not too optimistic. I'd definitely prefer a single player GITS game.
    Just to let u and other mods know there is a NDA out on the beta atm.

Ontopic: I got a invite but don't think ill play it personally. It seems like blacklight retribution just under the GITS name.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I got an invite as well. Will check it out when I have the time, but you are right! Remember the NDA people. It's annoying but it's what you agreed to when you signed up!