Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Finally got BMAH mission, now I only need the heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Finally got BMAH mission, now I only need the heirlooms.
    I just got my 3rd BMAH mission on a character who already has the item in her bags and a 2nd copy of it in her mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got the int ring mission on an alt 2 weeks ago and finished it. Then just this week i got back to back agi then strength ring missions on that same alt. Saddest news was when i tried to use two of them on an alt and you can only equip one from the set.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Just got my first ring mission *today* after only doing the Spyglass quest on my main half a week ago.

This is a character that unlocked lvl 3 shipyard extremely early and had 10 upgrades on the legendary ring already.

In the meantime, my hunter friend who has 11 upgrades on the legendary ring and not done with the spyglass mission have not gotten a single heirloom ring mission. I would like the handful of people making wild claims that it's obtainable without the Spyglass miniquest to post a screenshot showing they got the heirloom rings without the Spyglass unlocked.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically, you were extremely mistaken and already did it on one character and it unlocked for all characters. Because you are very evasive on this issue.
    I have a level 3 shipyard on 13 out of 15 characters right and I have only bothered to do the legendary ring chain on one of those characters. Before they made all the ship equipment items available to all characters I had only farmed out the spyglass on 4 characters, but I end up only getting the ring mission on 2 of those. The other two characters that I got the other two ring mission had not obtained even most of those ship items yet and I had to go farm the equipment items out in order for me to complete the mission.

I believe that Blizzard has stated this multiple times, these mission are completely random in nature and the more you complete the ones on the board, he more they constantly change. I know that the ones that did not have all the various ship items I had been doing far more mission on, then the ones that did have them, either they had more garrison resources or oil barrel at the time, because I did more of the Tanaan grind on them to get them gear, so they had far more oil then those that did not need the gear as much.

I can't show a screen shot to you because I got the heirloom ring missions weeks ago, but I also know that I got the river beast mount mission, which it was one of the 6 mission and I got that one on my Mage that had only a level one shipyard, whether or not it was suppose to happen like that or the shipyard was bugged. The fact remains, I got the mission and have yet to see the same one on any other characters board. Same goes for the heirloom ring missions they just showed up out of the blue on characters that had not progress through the shipyard as others had done. My Hunter was the first one to farm out all the equipment items, but it was the last to ever see one of the six rare missions for the Charting a Course achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    you can only equip one from the set.
    Time to go fishing.

Just thought I would bump this with an update. I finally got my first Heirloom Ring Mission. And while it is a very tiny data point, I think it is worth pointing out that out of the 7 characters I have with fullly upgraded garrisons and shipyards, I got it on my Hunter, the only toon to have acctually turned in the spyglass quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Just thought I would bump this with an update. I finally got my first Heirloom Ring Mission. And while it is a very tiny data point, I think it is worth pointing out that out of the 7 characters I have with fullly upgraded garrisons and shipyards, I got it on my Hunter, the only toon to have acctually turned in the spyglass quest.
    All of my characters have turned in their spyglass quests.

I finally got a strength ring mission on a character which was the 6th to get a L3 shipyard and some random rank-th to get the spyglass.

About 6 BMAH missions so far, 3 of them on the same character, about 10 Left Shark, no other rings.

I wonder if the following patch is to address people like me who have never seen ring missions;

Garrison
    Naval Missions
    •Ghostly Naval missions should now appear for all characters on an account if one of the characters have unlocked the Ghostly Spyglass

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I wonder if the following patch is to address people like me who have never seen ring missions;

Garrison
    Naval Missions
    •Ghostly Naval missions should now appear for all characters on an account if one of the characters have unlocked the Ghostly Spyglass
    The ring missions are in fact Ghostly missions. I am wondering if they simply weren't appearing on accounts where they SHOULD have been appearing, even for characters that did have the Spyglass.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

Garrison
    Naval Missions
    I'm sorry, where did you find this from? Can't see it in the 6.2.3 patch info.

Scrap my question, found it myself.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2015-10-23 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Obsolete comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    The ring missions are in fact Ghostly missions. I am wondering if they simply weren't appearing on accounts where they SHOULD have been appearing, even for characters that did have the Spyglass.
    My guess is that it worked like this:
    - You needed to have turned in the spyglass quest (killed the Undead Pirate, looted the Quest item, and turned it in)
    - Turning the quest in flagged that character as having done the quest, and then that character would be able to see the Ghostly Missions
    - When they changed the way the Ship equipment worked to be "Account wide" once any character had looted and turned in the item that unlocked it, they somehow didnt include makeing the "Mission Complete" flag also account wide. (Ie: Character A loots the Blast Furnace plan, turns it in, now ALL characters can purchase a blast furnace from the vendor, but only Character A is actally flagged as having completed the quest)
    - Side effect of this also seemed to be that if you only looted the spyglass on ONE characer beffore the accound wide patch, NONE of your other characcters could loot it, since the flag set for having looted the item was triggered.

This would mean that if you were like me, where you looted the spyglass on only one character, then only THAT one out of any available ccharacters would be able to see the missions, even if ALL off them were now flagged to be able to buy the spyglass off the vendor.

- As a side note, immediately afte that patch, my shaman got a ring mission, lol.

So for me, I had to actually buy the spyglass and put it one one ship, on my main.

Had the pattern unlocked since a week after 6.2....

And within 24 hours of buying and installing the spyglass, I got a ghostly mission on each alt on my account. Lots of the gold ones, and 2 rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    i have completed spyglass mission only on warlock and my 2 toons which got me heirloom rings were pala and mage is its completly random - but i still belive that spyglass is a solid req as i got them only after geting it.

also not sure if its relevant but i only seen ring mission and other ghostly mission spawning in nothern east fragment of map so i think only clearing it makes sense but not sure as i ahve very small sample size.

On a tiny bit different topic - I don't get why the rare mission achievement isn't even account-wide. I mean that since I have gotten one of the heirloom missions on my alt, I also need to get it on my main (a duplicate) because the main has the most rare missions completed.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    On a tiny bit different topic - I don't get why the rare mission achievement isn't even account-wide. I mean that since I have gotten one of the heirloom missions on my alt, I also need to get it on my main (a duplicate) because the main has the most rare missions completed.
    Let's pray they will convert it to account wide, like the Bigger Bag achi of MoP in Timeless Isle, when Legion closes to launch.

I'm even in a worst position than you, because my main character and achievement hunter has only one rare mission completed, but 4 alts have already the 3 rare mission achi. One of them has 4 completed. All 6 rare missions are completed between 8 chars.

Garrison
    Naval Missions

So I finally got a ring mission and completed it, 7 days after posting above. Whatever that did it seems to have fixed my account

Hit the 1000 mission mark about 15 days ago. I got the AGI ring at around mission 550. I have not gotten another one since. I am using a fleet of 8 night elf crews along with murloc and Arrakoa crewsand clearing the NE corner and treasure missions only. I am one bonus mission away from the Captain title.
    RNG is a cruel mistress.

I just had two of these ring missions pop up on two characters within a day of each other.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I had two of the ring missions to show up at the same time on one of my alts this week. I think the hotfix they did a couple weeks ago must have helped since I'm starting to actually get the spyglass missions to show up; I only had them show up once or twice before the hotfix.