Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We have hunters in our raid so this makes it a lot easier to deal with in phase 3/4.

Our raid comp is 2 melee, 2 tanks, 3 heals and 6 ranged. We let the melee stay on the boss pretty much the entire time from 40% on as obviously sending them to deal with shadows isn't viable. When infernals come in, we have 2 hunters kite two of them and leave one in melee. This one is melee is the only one the melee swap to, unless one of the others is going to hit full energy (which it shouldn't). Every ranged dps swaps to the infernals, and dont hit the boss until they are dealt with. We assign hunters to the shadows as they can basically one shot them in a GCD with instant aimed shot (which will almost always be a crit since its a target with over 80% hp).

We normally get two-three banishes go out from 40% to dead. We send a tank, heals and 3 dps the first two times. We consistently seem to get one star spawn before the add dies, and the second star spawns right as we leave the nether. In our case, we nearly have archi dead by the 3rd banish, so we sacrifice the lowest healer and dps when this happens, so the boss wont heal and the highest dps players remain in the fight.

We spread in a sort of semi circle around the boss, with the hunters standing closest to the living shadows spawn points. Spreading in this way minimises damage taken from demonic feedback and gives people space to deal with wrought chaos without hitting multiple people. To deal with chains, we tend to break two around the same time, let ourselves get to stable hp, then break the last one. Despite all the shit happening in the last 25%, you don't need to move much. On normal the rain of chaos damage isn't that bad, the more you can stand still the better. If you do happen to get caught between a few swirlies, pop a defensive.

A lot of deaths in this part of the fight comes from the overlap between Rain of Chaos and chains. If this does end up happening, the best way to deal with it is stand still. Wait until Rain of Chaos is over before you break the chains. Our guild wiped countless times in the last 25% because they felt overwhelmed by the rain of chaos and prematurely broke chains. A better way to deal with this is to stop dps entirely if you are apporaching 25% and chains are incoming. Deal with chains first, then push him to below 25%.

Also we hero as soon as our first banish team is done, which roughly happens when the boss is about to hit 25%. This is the best opportunity to deal damage to the boss as ranged, so save cooldowns, 2nd pots, hero and the ring for this window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Maybe you can try 3 tank if someone can. That suppose to cheese it. Suicide grp is so you can burn him with as many dps as possible and not have him heal 5% so you can send in oom heals and lowest dps
    Thanks for that explanation, but if it's done with 2 groups why would he heal the 5% if 1st group goes down the second time meeting the min. 3 player requirement? Yeh, I know a silly question.

How can you cheese the fight with 3 tanks? I just don't see 3 tanking being much use when I go over the fight in my head. Our warrior can go tank if he is along, he does fine as the 3rd tank on HC Reaver, if 3 tanking would be on the table.

Thanks for that explanation, but if it's done with 2 groups why would he heal the 5% if 1st group goes down the second time meeting the min. 3 player requirement? Yeh, I know a silly question.
    He heals whenever less than 3 people go down. If you continuously send your nether groups down, you'll be going into nether portal ~3 and ~4 with full groups and the boss will take longer to die. The idea of a sacrifice group is that you send 3 people that can't contribute a lot into the last portal in order to keep damage on the boss higher

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post

How can you cheese the fight with 3 tanks? I just don't see 3 tanking being much use when I go over the fight in my head. Our warrior can go tank if he is along, he does fine as the 3rd tank on HC Reaver, if 3 tanking would be on the table.
    Doing a suicide group is pretty much for when Arch is at very low HP, and you basically send as few people as possible so you can burn him.

But realistically, a suicide group only makes sense when you're running with 25+ people. With much less than 20, your groups going down are small anyways, and a suicide group is essentially a slightly smaller regular group, whereas if you run with 30 people, many raids send 8-10 or so people down with each group, easily, so having a tiny suicide group to gain 7 DPS up top makes a lot more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Herecius, now it that light it seems much more clearer what the suicide groups purpose is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There really is no need for suicide groups or 3 tanks. There is no race to kill him before enrage or anything like that, nothing changes after 25%. The easier way is to send more DPS than needed into Banish to finish as quickly as possible, and simply pop lust when everyone is out, we pop it at 25% right before one of the Banish groups goes in - they're back out in 10 seconds.

Once your group has everything under control, you will have almost everyone or everyone alive when he dies, you'll see.

There really is no need for suicide groups or 3 tanks. There is no race to kill him before enrage or anything like that, nothing changes after 25%.
    Depending on your DPS, there actually is. There are multiple soft enrage mechanics (living shadows spawn faster and faster per portal as the fight goes on, more portals = yet more shadows, infernals come again) and limited amount of healer cooldowns

I've killed it with groups who can sac the third nether and kill it, yet i've also killed it with the 5'th nether portal up