Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most bursty class?

There is sustained damage and burst damage. Which class do you think is the most bursty in a way that if the enemy los their healer they severely risk dieing?

Deleted
    In terms of bursting:

Feral druid
    Beast Hunter
    Assasination Rogue
    Fury Warrior + siegebreaker

Arcane Mage > Fury Warrior > Assass Rogue > Enhc = Frost mage? something similar to that order

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance Druid, Fury Warrior, Destruction/Demo Warlock/Marksmen Hunters are specs that hit retarded numbers in one gcd. Mages of any spec can deal a lot of burst but it requires more gcd's than those above.

Assassination Burst is overrated. Anyone who plays Assassination is just stupid when Combat is still better. Combat is still the best spec yet every Rogue in the US for some reason still plays Sub or Assassination.

Ret Paladins/Enhance Shamans/Feral Druids are also bursty but not as strong as those above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Balance Druid, Fury Warrior, Destruction/Demo Warlock/Marksmen Hunters are specs that hit retarded numbers in one gcd. Mages of any spec can deal a lot of burst but it requires more gcd's than those above.

Assassination Burst is overrated. Anyone who plays Assassination is just stupid when Combat is still better. Combat is still the best spec yet every Rogue in the US for some reason still plays Sub or Assassination.

Ret Paladins/Enhance Shamans/Feral Druids are also bursty but not as strong as those above.
    Finally got full Wild Glad on my Feral, but still yet to play Boomkin at all this expansion, and the Feral burst is pretty bad ass if you pop cooldowns correctly and dont just swifty macro shit. Not a 1 GCD by any means but still very heavy burst. How does one burst hard as Boomy in 1 GCD?

I play enhancement and it does have very good burst with fire ele, ascendance and liquid magma going but that's a 4 GCD setup before attacking...ascendance alone is still decent but not nearly as good as it was MoP.

I think they choose sub because it gives you options other than raw burst.

Feral Druid has strongest burst.

Balance Druid and Mages are pretty damn bursty too

Deleted
    affliction warlocks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Finally got full Wild Glad on my Feral, but still yet to play Boomkin at all this expansion, and the Feral burst is pretty bad ass if you pop cooldowns correctly and dont just swifty macro shit. Not a 1 GCD by any means but still very heavy burst. How does one burst hard as Boomy in 1 GCD?
    I've been hit by 120K starsurges on my DK that has 29% versatility. People for some reason underestimate how powerful Balance is just because it's overshadowed by Feral in 3's. Casually, Balance is a top tier spec. Druids overall are just the best class in PvP no matter what spec you play outside of the Tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Feral Druid has strongest burst.

Balance Druid and Mages are pretty damn bursty too
    Of those you mentioned, I'd say balance gets the crown, because even if they're equal to feral in potential burst being able to do it from 40 yds away is a substantial advantage.

I've been hit by 120K starsurges on my DK that has 29% versatility. People for some reason underestimate how powerful Balance is just because it's overshadowed by Feral in 3's. Casually, Balance is a top tier spec. Druids overall are just the best class in PvP no matter what spec you play outside of the Tank spec.
    Agree with this. Druids are the golden children of WoW. They get 4 specs and can perform any role in the game exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Agree with this. Druids are the golden children of WoW. They get 4 specs and can perform any role in the game exceptionally well.
    No fucking way, mages are the golden children, they NEVER had a bad season. Many specs of druid have faced bad seasons, even resto (S11).

OT:

On demand burst is feral, hands down, but it is once every 3 minutes, so quite easy to counter. IMO frost mages have the best burst in the game as it returns fast and is very consistent and hard to avoid. Destruction warlocks also have a pretty scary burst, but requires a lot of setup and coordination to get it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    No fucking way, mages are the golden children, they NEVER had a bad season. Many specs of druid have faced bad seasons, even resto (S11).
    Yes, some druid specs occasionally are the results of some bad decisions but never the entire class. Remember when shifting out of snares/roots was taken away from all but resto? Well, now all specs got it back. What's the chance of enhancement getting back its signature burst ability - windfury that actually deals damage? Been missing since vanilla.

Mages are not that great right now compared to where they used to be. I don't know why everyone keeps saying they are. They went from being burst-dealing CC master to glass cannons who can spam poly if left alone, but are more likely to be sitting in an IB because they drop if you sneeze on them.

Shockadin for sure
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    There is sustained damage and burst damage. Which class do you think is the most bursty in a way that if the enemy los their healer they severely risk dieing?
    Full mastery geared arcane mage with PC, will 2 shot anyone los of their healer with everything popped and 4-5 stack incanters flow.

Obviously 2gcds for the cost of 500k+ dmg is the best burst in the game.

Well if we want to be technical Destro/Demo locks can literally kill in 2 globals.

Although if I was going to rate the most bursty class arena wise I would say it is ferals. They are currently the most scary class when they pop cd's, at least in the 2300cr+ bracket.

In arena I would say:

Ferals
    Mage/Rogue
    Fury war
    Huntard

Although there aren't many huntards and even fewer fury wars in the 2300cr bracket. And if you let a destro/demo lock cast back to back bolts you aren't very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    What's the chance of enhancement getting back its signature burst ability - windfury that actually deals damage? Been missing since vanilla.
    If something was removed in Vanilla, its not signature. A signature ability being removed was Druid's Thorns - Available since WC3, but removed in MoP due to ability bloat. Something that was around for a LONG time but removed for reasons. Theres a good number of other removes signature abilities though - Disarm Trap for rogues for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post

On demand burst is feral, hands down, but it is once every 3 minutes, so quite easy to counter.
    It lasts 30secs thats not something most comps can just easily counter.

Demo locks? How? I have a demo lock that I am gearing right now from Ashran and I am loving it but would love to know how to burst down people. I am usually getting some demonic fury up so I can use demon bolt in meta with dark soul but that takes a while. Going for a mastery build with haste 2nd.

If you just killed their healer though, most likely you won't have your cooldowns up as a moonkin so what is the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    It lasts 30secs thats not something most comps can just easily counter.
    counter meaning 'he'll never touch you, ever' is different than counter meaning 'save dr's on feral for incarn and limit the up time to something manageable'. option 2 is something most comps can do, yes.. helps that it's the most obvious sh*t in the game and takes 0 awareness to watch for.