Constant DNS issues after new build

I've got my new build now for 2 weeks

MSI Krait z97
    16g 1866 corsair
    i5-4690k
    r9 390x
    win 10

Since the build Ive had a couple internet issues where it will slowly grind to a halt and then stop loading things. Windows says " DNS error", I reboot the modem and all seems fine for a few days.

the other equipment in my house seems to work fine, Phones, laptop etc.

any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

I should note I primarily use chrome browser. I'm getting DNS_probe_finished_nxdomain, a quick Google search tells me this could be related to chrome and doing netsh winsock reset catalog may help.

I just want to make sure it is indeed browser related and not build related.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A browser shouldn't be causing you DNS issues.

Personally I'd redo the OS install, start clean with a format/wipe and install from scratch.

I've flushed the dns, some other command prompt things, and finally changed the port on my router where I'm plugged into. It seems stable now. ill give it a few days and see if it stays stable.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resetting the winsock catalog should help in this case, as Windows will rebuild it's catalog with the Default and will rebuild it over time.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Just did my own build with the krait as well. Did you install the network adapter driver from the CD?

Deleted
    Well. ur browser has nothing To do with you dns issues at all. check ur multidivice(yes that u have home is not a router. its a multi divice and The routing and dns lookup is just a small software) and what u can do i set a dns lookup over the night in poweshell/cmd and to an ip or namn. and set to repesting (Google the cmlet) and see if u will get eror and where they come from. If it is dns. its most likley dns posioning.

- - - Updated - - -

if it is not the acuall dns. there is something in ur multidivice that causing it( i assumeing since u have a new rig its fine) u can also check ur dns lookup cache and wipes it

- - - Updated - - -

and update ur drivers. If u still have same problem its ur multidevice . clearing ur os wont be needed as the os indirektly has nothing To do with dns server as a client

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just did my own build with the krait as well. Did you install the network adapter driver from the CD?
    Yes, and it updated via the Live 6 updater.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Yes, and it updated via the Live 6 updater.
    If you still have issues, downgrade your driver. It may be a malfunctioning driver.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    If you still have issues, downgrade your driver. It may be a malfunctioning driver.
    With my experience it wasn't the case. I downloaded the driver with a spare DVD drive I had (case has no slots) and that solved my issue. Windows acted like the PC was online and fully functional while other apps and web browsers resulted differently.

My advise if the issue continues is to do a full 5 minute power cycle with the modem and router.