We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Not really proud of it, but afked Kharazim and Tyrael to level 5 in training mode today. Going to knock out Tyrande tomorrow. I need the gold and just don't want to play those heroes at all.

  2. #22
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    18,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Not really proud of it, but afked Kharazim and Tyrael to level 5 in training mode today. Going to knock out Tyrande tomorrow. I need the gold and just don't want to play those heroes at all.
    That works?

    I hit rank 11 in Hero league today.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  3. #23
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    That works?

    I hit rank 11 in Hero league today.
    There is a relatively large xp cap in training, but yes, it works. Without a stimpack it takes several hours to hit the cap. Probably close to 5-6 hours. I think the cap was 2.25 m? In one day I got almost 3 heroes from 1-5. So if you got time to run it in the background and don't feel like playing certain heroes, it's basically free xp. You get zero gold per match, only for leveling.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    There is a relatively large xp cap in training, but yes, it works. Without a stimpack it takes several hours to hit the cap. Probably close to 5-6 hours. I think the cap was 2.25 m? In one day I got almost 3 heroes from 1-5. So if you got time to run it in the background and don't feel like playing certain heroes, it's basically free xp. You get zero gold per match, only for leveling.
    Last time I tried afk in training, I got automatically kicked for afk and received nothing.

  5. #25
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Last time I tried afk in training, I got automatically kicked for afk and received nothing.
    I just did it for hours and no such thing happened. Are you sure you weren't doing vs. AI? Training is separate.

  6. #26
    Got Tyrael to level 5 with a nailbiting QM win. +500 gold.

    Also tried Raynor for the first time since the Technical Alpha training mode - he's not a hero fun to play. Oh well 3 games and knocked the 2 starcraft hero and 3 assassin daily over as well. Another +500 G for the session.

  7. #27
    Legendary! Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    6,913
    Lost some more ranks today thanks to the terrible matchmaking, but hey, at least I got Arthas to lvl 15!

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans GodlyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Lost some more ranks today thanks to the terrible matchmaking, but hey, at least I got Arthas to lvl 15!
    Some of my most heart-pounding games were as Arthas, but it always feels like I'm the only person in the world (or at least the American ladder) that picks him. Hell, been picking him even less lately after Leoric came out >.<

    OT: I hit rank 1 not too long ago and didn't have anybody to high five.

  9. #29
    Legendary! Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    6,913
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Some of my most heart-pounding games were as Arthas, but it always feels like I'm the only person in the world (or at least the American ladder) that picks him. Hell, been picking him even less lately after Leoric came out >.<

    OT: I hit rank 1 not too long ago and didn't have anybody to high five.
    Arthas is fun to play. Not my favourite Warrior, but he's among the top.

    Gratz on reaching rank 1! If only I wasn't stuck just below rank 10 because of the matchmaking. I really should be among the top ranks with the experience I have. Feels more like a gamble if your team is good or not.

  10. #30
    Tried out a few new hero's. Kharazim, kinda dull, but still seemed OP as I topped 3 out of the 4 categories in my first game with him. Zeratul, I could see how he could be fun and interesting, but me and stealth just don't seem to match well. Arthas, I had a lot of fun with him once i could figure out how to regulate my mana in the early game. Ended the day with my current Fav of Sgt Hammer getting her to lvl 10.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans GodlyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Arthas is fun to play. Not my favourite Warrior, but he's among the top.

    Gratz on reaching rank 1! If only I wasn't stuck just below rank 10 because of the matchmaking. I really should be among the top ranks with the experience I have. Feels more like a gamble if your team is good or not.
    A lot of games he feels very hit or miss. On good games, I'm single-handeldly carrying the team with top damage done, taken, and exp earned until around 18 at which point I have to cross my fingers and hope everybody else starts picking up the slack. On bad games, I feel just incompetent. I don't know if it's just me or if my team is doing something wrong, but I can't get anything done. A lot of it might just be the sustain of the enemy squishies and where exactly I'm matched against in the laning phase, and how long you want to lane. Thinking about it...Arthas is just a fantastic ganker in the early game but his personal sustain falls off around the middle game, making him a less solid tank unless you put that fear of god in the enemy at a very early time. Damn if his burst doesn't scare the fuck out of that lurking nova at level 3.

  12. #32
    Well I hit my goal of getting every hero this weekend, My wife bought me the starter box and I bought about 3 characters with $$$ that were on sale, otherwise it was all in game gold. Hopefully I will have 15k when the next hero drops. Still don't have any gold only mounts.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans GodlyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Tried out a few new hero's. Kharazim, kinda dull, but still seemed OP as I topped 3 out of the 4 categories in my first game with him. Zeratul, I could see how he could be fun and interesting, but me and stealth just don't seem to match well. Arthas, I had a lot of fun with him once i could figure out how to regulate my mana in the early game. Ended the day with my current Fav of Sgt Hammer getting her to lvl 10.
    Congrats on 10, going to get that master skin?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well I hit my goal of getting every hero this weekend, My wife bought me the starter box and I bought about 3 characters with $$$ that were on sale, otherwise it was all in game gold. Hopefully I will have 15k when the next hero drops. Still don't have any gold only mounts.
    Gratz on completing your collection!

    Assuming that you've played all the heroes to 5, which are your favorites?

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Paladin / Warrior / My Anime List - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  15. #35
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Finally saved up and got Leoric. Got all the current heroes on my list to at least level 5 including the free ones.

  16. #36
    Not particularly recently, but I got Murky to 10. I wasn't sure whether I liked or hated him when I first got him (but he was Murky so I had to have him) but I got comfortable with him quickly enough. Yes, I'm still riding the high of that accomplishment, considering I tend to only play ~3 rounds per day, if that.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

  17. #37
    Got my treasure goblin! Will have to use it to assuage soreness over missing the pig

    Now to get back to buying heroes. Provided they don't plan to remove the Coin mount too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Now to get back to buying heroes. Provided they don't plan to remove the Coin mount too...
    They will at some point. Pretty much ALL the mounts are temporary, but are brought back down the line once they've been removed.

  19. #39
    Finally decided to uninstall the game today after around 3 months not playing it, since it was taking space on the SSD.

  20. #40
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    18,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Finally saved up and got Leoric. Got all the current heroes on my list to at least level 5 including the free ones.
    Welcome to the unliving.

    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •