Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Decided to do ranked and placed in rank 11, dunno if thats good or not, but its a start.

On an unrelated note I fucking hate being first pick literally every single time, means I can never go Abathur without some tryhards yelling at me.
    Lol that's nice. I got placed on Rank 50 after placements - but yeah I went 6W 14L there.

I don't mind being first pick. Its the last pick that is worst for me because I have to balance what I want with what the team needs. Only good thing out of that is boosting team morale if they are happy with your last pick (usually when it's a support or a warrior).

On another note, tried Nydus Network after the rework - that's some really insane stuff there. just plant one in a lane and use it to regen in 5 seconds and come back out.

Next plan is to try a rather degenerate roach build (battle momentum + bile drop) in QM to see how that works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought Reghars Master skin the other day and I love it

Back to single digit ranks, the anxiety is already setting in. I kinda just want to leave it there
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I've tanked my MMR by just under 100 points in less than a week. Doesn't matter what I do when I keep getting matched with people in their placement matches and getting absolutely DESTROYED because they can't read the game. I have nothing against people in placement matches, I have EVERYTHING against placement matches themselves. They simply should not exist.

Got tracer to lvl 5 and dehaka to lvl 6.
    starting to feel like i know my way around tracer now, but still having issues with using the Bomb/ulti and recall properly.
    Sometimes i recall instead of bombing, and other i just throw the bomb at absolutely nothing.
    she requires much more attention than some of the other heroes i play.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Back to single digit ranks, the anxiety is already setting in. I kinda just want to leave it there
    Immediately back down to rank 10, I knew it!
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I went from r4 to r6 with three losses, managed to get back to r4 and am 1 win from r3, I'm genuinely uncomfortable trying to go for it xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally feeling like I have some form of mastery over Greymane. I also relearned how to play Nova better. That isn't saying much though because I suck with her lol

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I can call it an accomplishment, but I've played more games on Tracer since she was released than I have on any other character since the game launched. I think she could use some tuning, but I really enjoy the mobility.

I guess as far as an actual accomplishment, I played against human opponents for the first time while playing with a friend. We went 4-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I don't know that I can call it an accomplishment, but I've played more games on Tracer since she was released than I have on any other character since the game launched. I think she could use some tuning, but I really enjoy the mobility.

I guess as far as an actual accomplishment, I played against human opponents for the first time while playing with a friend. We went 4-0.
    Congratulations!
    The switch from AI to real players is a drastic one, but once you are familiar with QM, you'll hardly want to go back to winning against bots.
    Personally, it took me about half a year to go from "play QM only with Jaina whom I've already played enough to get master skin" to "only play vs AI when learning a new hero for a couple of matches".

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks.

And I do think you're right. I'll want to be playing with friends, but there was a pretty huge difference going from AI to the behaviors of real people (both good and bad). I guess it probably sounds silly, but I try to avoid forcing a bunch of strangers to play with me in fear that I would drag them down with how bad I might be.

Nonetheless, I definitely had a great time, and will playing more in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    This morning we won 3 out of 5 , however, tonight we played 2 and won both...
    With Cho'Gall.. both matches

That hero, if you are both capable, is such a beast !

- - - Updated - - -

And back to single digits >.> from R2 to R12 to R9 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Congratulations!
    The switch from AI to real players is a drastic one, but once you are familiar with QM, you'll hardly want to go back to winning against bots.
    Personally, it took me about half a year to go from "play QM only with Jaina whom I've already played enough to get master skin" to "only play vs AI when learning a new hero for a couple of matches".
    Yes, QM is more satisfying. but FWIW, i still go back to VS AI to knock off those 3 win dailies in 30-45 minutes. Then I am just happy with the zippy gold. I dont do this for the play 8 game daily, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Well over the last couple of weeks got a few heroes to level 7. like Xul and Li Ming. And Got Thrall to level 10 for my first master skin as well. I also bought the MVP black mount coz I like discs with flairs.

I think I also won 4 HL games in a row. Up to rank 38 from 40. ITook a far amount of wins to get out from there but I think I am getting into the winning groove.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Congratulations!
    There's been quite a few times after playing QM that it felt good to go back to bots. At least there if I get an Illidan that constantly hunts solo right into the middle of a death ball, or a Nova that can't land a snipe if her life depends on it, or a Raynor that has complete and total lack of awareness of anything except the bottom lane, it doesn't automatically equal a guaranteed loss.

Just went 6-2 with a friend of mine, back to rank 8!
    I am the lucid dream

Got kicked out of a HL draft due to a random Bnet error and lost 2 ranks. 20+ wins down the drain.

Deleted
    I was Rank 18 way back when Leoric was nerfed. Then I want all the way back to rank 34 I think, which is quite impressive.

I'm am now at rank 17, and while it isn't much its my best rank to date.

Very similar path I took.
    I am the lucid dream

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not much accomplished today so far. I'm about to drop down to rank 39 because we were just getting slaughtered in the two HL games a friend and I played. This game shouldn't pick me to do bans; I can't hit the hammer on everyone that might prove to be an obstacle to my team. Just feel like I'm never going to get past rank 32, which was my highest rank when I did my placement matches. It's frustrating and a trite depressing.

Yesterday was better, though. I was on a seven-game winning streak, with Morales, Dehaka, and Greymane. I had to wonder briefly if there was some black magic at work, because I usually go three-four games in a row before a win. Six or seven, if I'm very unlucky.

15+ Year Old Account
    When will people learn to not defend on BoE? Never defend on that map, you will almost always lose.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose