Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hmm played the free hero week on Saturday and Sunday.

All heroes are 5+.

Saturday was rough. Lost a lot of QMs while playing on Abathur and Medivh, after a sting of losses while leveling Chromie. took me 4-6 games to win on each Hero. TLV was 50-50 though. Then in HL I was demoted back to bronze division 5 after a 4 loss streak.

Sunday was great. Got quite a few wins. Felt like I played great. Reclaimed my promotion to division 4. On TLV got some nice practice in QM - recommended if you want to get famliar with them because the QM comp shit show means you have to think out of the box on TLV - every match has some assassin like Illidan Li Ming, tracer, Chromie or even Medivh who will make life hell for TLV. But I kinda adapted and took talents like Spy games (easier to split soak with 2 active vikings) - and it worked out well. I have noticed now that the drag select option on TLV is gone and that makes things hard now. (If it can be turned back on, let me know)

Another thing that I've noticed is that for every streak of bad games, you can get a streak of favourable games as well. And when that streak comes, it is glorious! Just enough motivation to kep going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    From yesterday in one single row i won.

One QM as Azmodan.

Three unranked drafts as Thrall.

I love both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hit level 20 on Azmo. I have like twice the games on Lili(like 450)....

I also hit gold 5 after going down into silver 1.
    Last edited by apepi; 2016-07-05 at 03:55 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Got to Diamond 1 after going 8-2 today. Five more wins and I can stop stressing about Ranked.

Uninstalled the game and already feeling better. Had a good run since Beta but since it's ridden with the worst people gaming community has spawned, it's not worth it. O/

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Tyrael to 10, instantly bought his master skin.
    Funny enough, he was the first tank hero I bought apart from the starter bundle) - which was back in June 2015.

Think it's because he mostly wasn't very viable as solo tank :/ (we all know hero league doesnt like double warr till you're master (former r1) :P)

- - - Updated - - -

Working on Arthas now, halfway through 9

Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    Got Tyrael to 10, instantly bought his master skin.
    Funny enough, he was the first tank hero I bought apart from the starter bundle) - which was back in June 2015.

Think it's because he mostly wasn't very viable as solo tank :/ (we all know hero league doesnt like double warr till you're master (former r1) :P)

- - - Updated - - -

Working on Arthas now, halfway through 9
    Glad you are enjoying him. Tyrael is my 3rd and most recent level 10. Had success on him in both HL and TL. He's my Go-to Tank. He was certainly useful as solo tank (at least at lower mmrs), though the rework has made it easier. Was used as a solo warrior the NA regional going on right now - heck so was Leoric. You're correct about the aversion to double warrior comps though. It is is a very common misconception that teams have to be centered around one tank only, and that warriors are regarded as 'no damage'.

I've yet to buy his master skin, but I am saving some gold for a chock full of heroes. Just one game away from 35K gold.

Been playing mostly VS AI to complete dailies in an hour as I have been busy during the week and just watched the tourneys instead.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2016-08-08 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    16 HL games in 2 days, no win

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    16 HL games in 2 days, no win
    Jesus fucking Christ dude. I'm so sorry. I thought my 7 game losing streak this weekend was bad. That's insane.

Side note: Never playing Ranked Saturday or Sunday again. Ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing Zag...hit level 10 and got her master skin. My winrate with her recently must have been 70% in HL. Ive been trying to not play heroes I enjoy because I actually am bad at them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Been playing Dehaka, haven't been around in a while, so I'm kind of in the process of getting all my chars up for ranked. Blackheart Bay, basic Random Queue: Some Valla, with a mediocre netbuild (that countered nothing and nobody) starts fussing about how Dehaka's never Tank, Stun or do anything productive - and true, I wasn't really paying attention to Valla - Greymane was doing enough of a job fucking up the enemy team, so I devoted the bodyblocks and Stuns to him and whoever was nearby at the time. Apparently, that fact got said Valla so mad, she started belittling me until the very end of the game, like the biggest elitist on the block. That being said, I did get the biggest streak of laughs in this week out of said scenario, so I guess it's an accomplishment that DID motivate me... to stay away from random queue soon. :P

What else.. finally hit 60% winrate on my Valla last night.

So yeah..

Frostheart <3 Thanks for the entertainment, wherever you are.
    Last edited by mmoc7fc23bbf2a; 2016-08-09 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I have been playing Zag...hit level 10 and got her master skin. My winrate with her recently must have been 70% in HL. Ive been trying to not play heroes I enjoy because I actually am bad at them.
    Having a similar experience with a change in hero selection this season. I've had success in QM with Kael, Dehaka and Tyrande recently. Trying to improve my play on these.

Deleted
    Got placed at Gold 3 previous season, didn't bother with more HL. This season I got place Gold 1, won 1 lost 2 matches - remembered never play ranked at weekend. Played again yesterday aand promoted to Platinum 5. Yay.

Well I'm on a 7 match win streak in QM (6 wins on warriors, last win on Alarak). Stimpacks for the event have allowed me to get Alarak to level 7 in relatively few games since I bought him last week. It's been tough to level him as its very easy to mess those skillshots. I die, while enabling others to get kills and then get flamed for essentially being focused. (same as what happens on Kael'thas, but that guy does shit tons of damage so nobody complains that much).

Got Nazeebo, Rexxar and Artanis to level 9 during this event so far. Next target is unclear, though I have Lunara at Level 8. Got a lot of level 7s.

Just need to complete 4 more TL placement games for the season mount.

Also picked up Raider Rexxar skin.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2016-10-04 at 07:23 AM.

Having some good success with Rehgar, bought the master skin because armoured wolves are awesome. Really unsure why his win rate has fallen so dramatically, the malf effect isn't helping, but I don't think he's the worst healer in the game right now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Having some good success with Rehgar, bought the master skin because armoured wolves are awesome. Really unsure why his win rate has fallen so dramatically, the malf effect isn't helping, but I don't think he's the worst healer in the game right now.
    - Rehgar is good for groups of players who actively avoid damage, not people who stand in fire
    - Rehgar is anti-burst; that meta is dead
    - the movement speed nerf hit 90% of heroes when out of combat, it hit Rehgar in combat as well

The numbers don't lie. Apropos numbers, why is Nova 3rd strongest in Master/Diamond HL only behind Zarya and Malf with almost 59% WR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess HL is gonna be out of the question for a while.
    The amount of gazlowes/novas/ chromies first picks, coupled with a combination of bad illlidan/li li duo's, HL has been disasterous last few days.

Unranked Draft till next season I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    - Rehgar is good for groups of players who actively avoid damage, not people who stand in fire
    - the movement speed nerf hit 90% of heroes when out of combat, it hit Rehgar in combat as well

The numbers don't lie. Apropos numbers, why is Nova 3rd strongest in Master/Diamond HL only behind Zarya and Malf with almost 59% WR?
    Not sure why you mention Nova as she is one of the more bursty heroes in the game. Skilled players can reliably lad her combo for deleting backliners or chunking off frontliner health.
    But Nova is good on both Braxis Holdout and Warhead Junction which are in the current map rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    Well I guess HL is gonna be out of the question for a while.
    The amount of gazlowes/novas/ chromies first picks, coupled with a combination of bad illlidan/li li duo's, HL has been disasterous last few days.

Unranked Draft till next season I guess.
    Yet to start ranked this season as I am trying to learn other heroes in QM/UD. Your experience sounds just like drafts in Bronze 5. I want to get out my TL placements out of the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after placement I went back to plat 3, which is fine. Grouping with someone mid gold mostly, so games are mostly high gold/low plat :/

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post

The numbers don't lie.
    I don't think there's a better healer for diving melee, personally.
    I rather think Uther was the anti-burst hero and he didn't really shine in win rates during it's peak (though I appreciate he was S tier in pro play).
    I typically spec movement speed on wolf anyway, so that nerf hasn't really affected too much for me. The speed difference when it matters on getting a bite, short distances, is negligible.

At any rate, he's certainly not worse than an abathur; he's closing in to Medhiv territory. Maybe I was just getting lucky.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh