Thread: Haunted Houses

Haunted Houses

So Halloween is quickly approaching. Do you get into haunted houses during the scaring season? I used to goto them alot when I was a bit younger (18-mid 20's). There's a haunted prison in Mansfield, Ohio that I liked going to. It's the prison that they filmed the Shawshank Redemption in. They turned it into a pretty good scare house and they used to do a thing where you could pay extra and they'd lock you in the cells for a night or two. It was good fun, not sure if they still do that or not.

So do you guys get into them anymore?

Been to one once, not into it, does not do much for me.

Spend enough time in creepy places already

I like going to "haunted" places, asylums, and other creepy places when I come across them, but I don't have any interest in going to a fake one with people jumping out to scare you on Halloween. Halloween is a non-event for me, I pretty much ignore it.

Halloween is my favorite holiday too.

I like going to haunted houses but most of them are lame in my area. We went to one on the border of Indiana last year. It was a long trip for a pretty lame "haunted barn" and some rubber stuff thrown in a field.

Though I am constantly disappointed by HHs, I still like the anticipation/hunt for them and the fun of screaming/acting silly.

I would love to find a really scary one in my area (Chicago), that manages to scare the daylights outta me~!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would love to find a really scary one in my area (Chicago), that manages to scare the daylights outta me~!
    I worked with someone from Chicago once, based off his stories there are a few parts of town you can go to that will accomplish scaring you.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I worked with someone from Chicago once, based off his stories there are a few parts of town you can go to that will accomplish scaring you.
    Bbbwwhhahaa!

MMMmmmmmm.... nnnooooooooooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do nothing for me. But they terrify my wife so I take her so I can enjoy the entertainment.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Most of the haunted houses in my area have been either shut down or converted into Holy Houses. Which are scarier than any haunted houses, oh and they tried to guilt trip/force me to sign up for their church.

Haunted houses seem to fall into two categories these days. Either people jump out from behind things and make loud noises at you, or you sign a waiver and let people physically/mentally torture you for a while. Neither of those qualifies as scary to me. Halloween exists for my to steal my kid's candy now that I'm an adult.