Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wouldn't PvP be funnier with no CCs at all?

I play WoW since 2008, and loved to PvP especially during WotLK.

I'd prefer to play without CCs. I mean, less stressing, more fluent battles. I really hate CCs. Both to do and to receive.
    I have always been an healer and really know how annoying is to cast when you are targeted by more enemies.

Every class can interrupt, every class can disable you in some ways.
    It's a pain to cast, especially in bgs.

I thought I would have appreciated the CC nerfing in WoD but I didn't felt it honestly.

Don't flame me, it's just that I enjoy more the simple things. Only damage and healing, and it would be perfect to me.

I play healer too since I began playing WoW during Wrath (Ulduar patch IIRC) and PvP would be awful without CC. It would be a brainless tunnel-melee-zerg-fest.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There should be some CC, but currently I think there's just too much of it. Was really excited for the CC nerf in WoD but tbh there are still so many class combos that will just CC-kill anything. I can't even stomach playing classes with cast times in pvp anymore.

I can't even fathom how someone would think it's fun to just stand there and PVE DPS each other.

It'd be hilarious yeah.

Funnier as in more ridicolous pve boss nuke fun. Other than that? No... not even a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like PvP to slow down for sure. I wish that damage, cc, and self healing were all reduced. Some classes could lose their interrupt and gain something else, like we used to have in the wrath and prior era.

Having no cc at all and keeping everything else the same in the current game would be funny for a day and then terrible.

Funnier? Yes, but more fun? Nah.

I think CC needs a drastic reduction - alongside more consistent, less cooldown-based damage output between players - but not a complete removal of CC. I do, however, think that things like AoE stuns and CC should be drastically reduced, CC needs to be a conscious effort on a single target as a baseline rule with very few outliers.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC coordination is the only real skill element in this game. Removing CC would just make every class as mindless as Warrior/DK's are. Seriously, where is the team work and skill behind mindlessly mashing a PvE rotation? Nothing.

I'm actually happy to see RMD dominate the US Regional because that comp actually requires skill to play. Any monkey can play Turbo or any other brainless melee team because melee just inherently take less skill by being melee.

I'd be happier with less CC but not no CC at all, but they'd have to re-balance healers to match the CC times, maybe one 4 second stun a minute per class with a couple more added in, add roots instead, and less ways to break said roots / slows. Lower burst, it's stupid in both damage and healing and stagnant outside of it

They should also make mana mean something to classes again, not to the point of the old shadow priest manaburn = win, but at least make them have to manage it, there might as well not be a mana bar for most casters.

Although they said they'd cut down on the CC for this expansion it's pretty much the same as it was before just less AoE and more mandatory talent choices, however as stated above, coordinated CC is all this game has been about in PvP since arenas came out, and I really doubt that's going to change, in fact I feel with legion it might just be EXACTLY the same as WoD, which was the same as MoP honestly, just with less buttons, who needs fel flame, kek

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless heals were removed from PvP or severely nerfed there is no way they could remove CC. Healers would be immortal and anyone with a pocket healer would totally steamroll everyone. They already do that WITH CC.

That sounds great. I hate fighting other players directly tho. I wish arenas were just my group vs a target dummy and we had to kill it in time. Then whoever killed it faster would get the points. Would solve so much drama. Maybe make it so that even if u lose they will still give u the points that way people wont feel left out. Also everyone should get gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I can't even stomach playing classes with cast times in pvp anymore.

It's not as painful as it was at launch when the melee train went straight over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Unless heals were removed from PvP or severely nerfed there is no way they could remove CC. Healers would be immortal and anyone with a pocket healer would totally steamroll everyone. They already do that WITH CC.
    So you don't have any CC yourself ? Or you're just saying that you shouldn't lose to 2 on 1 ?

Deleted
    CC is in a lot better place than it was in early mop / cata when everyone could just chain CC from 100-0

lol @ topic.

Yeah right lets remove cc and just all stand in one place and race dps vs heal meters. And of course, reduce the snails pace of the game even more. This would open so many possibilities. You could pop a couple smokes midfight, go to the toilet when you want to, and not when the game allows you to. Oh it would be wonderful! The facerollers would be happy too, because they could roll a little slower now, which leads to less injury in the face.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    First, noone would be able to kill a healer in a 1v1 battle without CC, with CC is almost impossible. Without CC, classes that rely so much on CC wouldn't be able to kill anyone, like Rogues. CC is good when used with coordination.

CC only bothers me when I'm surrounded by several enemies that are focusing me and constanly throwing CC, specially in BGs or world PvP (like Ashran). It's very nice when you fight 1v4 in a BG to buy time for the team (your team loses 1 person, the enemies lose 4 for a while), but if all those four players decide to use CC, it just make such sacrifices a waste. The same when you are trying to run, and 5+ players keep throw a hige row of CC over you.

I think diminishing returns should start to apply to all CC after you got CC'ed more than 3 times in a row. Being overwhelmed by superior numbers is already a big disadvantage, CC shouldn't help too much in those cases. This should have little or no effect in arenas, thought, as in there you are (or at least should be) facing as many enemies as there are people in your team.

I've long maintained that Crowd Control needs a radical redesign - a pvp game where your ability to fight is entirely dependent on how much you can CC the enemy is an awful idea. And the replies here go to show, that over-the-top crowd control is so ingrained into this game that people simply can't imagine pvp without it, that their sole idea of pvp is crowd control.

I'd like to see diminishing returns ramped up, and excess crowd control abilities being pruned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    CC coordination is the only real skill element in this game. Removing CC would just make every class as mindless as Warrior/DK's are. Seriously, where is the team work and skill behind mindlessly mashing a PvE rotation? Nothing.
    Where is the skill and team work in just CC'ing someone to death?

There was a time in Wow where only a few classes had combat-viable CC & interupts, back then you won by playing better than your oponents instead of just stacking classes with stuns etc. It was a hell of a lot more enjoyable too.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-09-19 at 06:41 PM.

Pvp would be a million times better without healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15