Prot Paladin Haste Cap

What is the current haste cap for Prot Paladins if you are Holy Shield / HA - DP? (pre raid buffs).

I"m just trying to get a feel for when I should be dumping the Haste enchants in favor of Mastery.

Deleted
    Editing / deleting post. I totaly failed at reading "Prot Paladins" and refered to retris. Sorryyyyyy

The answer to your question is:
    1. 1715 haste - If you are using Empowered Seals talent (Judging with Seal of Righteousness gives you 20% haste)
    2. 3858 haste - if you are using Holy Shield Talent
    3. If you are using Sepraphim talent
    a. If you want more dps you get 2882 haste then focus Critical Strike
    b. If you want more survivability you get 3858 haste then focus on Mastery.

Hope I helped.
    Last edited by mmoc4927943a09; 2015-10-22 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamela View Post
    Not sure but I think Haste is way down in the priority list of stats for protection paladins.

I really dont know where you got that idea , haste is pretty much top stat for prot paladins unless you are going for seraphim.

To OP , get haste till about 50%ish with raid buffs then you can switch to holy shield , at 50% haste you literally have something to hit every gcd and if you play long arm of the law you have 90%+ uptime on the movespeed buff , haste after that will help with mitigation (faster sacred shield etc) but not as much .

Quote Originally Posted by Ziffonakos View Post
    I really dont know where you got that idea , haste is pretty much top stat for prot paladins unless you are going for seraphim.

To OP , get haste till about 50%ish with raid buffs then you can switch to holy shield , at 50% haste you literally have something to hit every gcd and if you play long arm of the law you have 90%+ uptime on the movespeed buff , haste after that will help with mitigation (faster sacred shield etc) but not as much .
    75% on Long Arm. 4sec cd 3sec buff.

Anyway yes basically as they have said 50% haste with raid haste which is around 3850ish char sheet haste(this isn't gear haste)

Recommended Haste cap is 45% including 5% Haste buff.

This is because any higher is a DPS/Survivability Loss thanks to the lag between player and server through Global Cooldown.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Deleted
    Is Seraphim only a mitigation loss when hitting 50% buffed or a DPS loss as well?

As I play Prot only every now and then, I am too lazy to read through that huge prot-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post
    Recommended Haste cap is 45% including 5% Haste buff.

This is because any higher is a DPS/Survivability Loss thanks to the lag between player and server through Global Cooldown.
    No. Its actually like 42.5 or 43% the 5% haste buff isn't just 45% + 5% to get 50%.

Its around 3850ish haste i forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Is Seraphim only a mitigation loss when hitting 50% buffed or a DPS loss as well?

As I play Prot only every now and then, I am too lazy to read through that huge prot-thread
    Sera is fine even at that haste(also you just won't get that much haste anyway unless you are wearing like mythic wue). If we are talking about frequent magic damage sure holy shield is gonna win. If you just play sera correctly its completely fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    No. Its actually like 42.5 or 43% the 5% haste buff isn't just 45% + 5% to get 50%.

Its around 3850ish haste i forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Sera is fine even at that haste(also you just won't get that much haste anyway unless you are wearing like mythic wue). If we are talking about frequent magic damage sure holy shield is gonna win. If you just play sera correctly its completely fine.
    Well, I do hit the 50% haste cap. But I think I suck at keeping track of seraphim and my HP for that. So I figure I probably perform better with the Shield :P

Ya if you can't get near like 47% or higher its pretty bleh. At that point you probably aren't trying to max your dps and might as well play Holy Shield.

ilevel 706 and I have 46.44 Haste buffed. Please do not state misleading things
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)

Deleted
    The precise amount of haste you need is 3858 or 42.78ish%. Then the haste raid buff will carry you to 50%, thanks to the attunement.

ilevel 706 and I have 46.44 Haste buffed. Please do not state misleading things
    misleading? no. wearing like baleful gear/crafted gear or non ideal gear and wue... ya you will. in bis gear with like 6 sockets im only at 35% unbuffed.

Deleted
    misleading? no. wearing like baleful gear/crafted gear or non ideal gear and wue... ya you will. in bis gear with like 6 sockets im only at 35% unbuffed.
    Doesn't it all come down to eye or not?

If you are full HFC geared ya it would unless you hvae like 14 sockets. Or are using the haste cloak and ring and wep with a couple sockets then you can almost hit it without wue.

All of my gear is from HFC Normal/Heroic, Enchanted for Haste, gemmed for haste (some items with Mastery due to mainspec Retribution). I also have a high tanking rank of Warcraft logs using that setup.

The Eye is Best in Slot, and my second trinket is the class trinket.

Deleted
    All of my gear is from HFC Normal/Heroic, Enchanted for Haste, gemmed for haste (some items with Mastery due to mainspec Retribution). I also have a high tanking rank of Warcraft logs using that setup.

Given that you don't even know the actual reason haste is undesirable beyond 50% raid-buffed haste (or, at the very least, you're incapable of stating it coherently), you ought to abstain entirely from making any sort of commentary as to what is and isn't BiS.

friendly reminder not to reference KRSI

nobody gives a fuck about KRSI

Watch out boys, we have a badass over here with A high ranking...
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel