Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Samsung told to stop copying the iphone

This is stupid. Apple needs to eat shit with this stupid trivial stuff.

In a 2-1 decision, a federal appeals court in Washington ruled that Samsung has to update its smartphones' software to remove slide-to-unlock, autocorrect and quick link software that directly mimic Apple's similar features on the iPhone.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/17/tech...ung/index.html

Yea this is utter bullshit.

Knowing the tyrannical thug American federal government this software update will be mandatory.

And speaking of updates when can we get a federal court to take a look at Apple's practices of intentional slowing down of older devices with its practically irreversible updates?

Fuck Apple.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    From the link

the ruling comes long after Samsung has changed the way those features work on its smartphones. For example, you no longer need to slide a button to unlock Galaxy phones -- you can just swipe your finger anywhere on the screen. Samsung's keyboard has also been updated several times since the ruling.

So Apple won -- but not much more than a Pyrrhic victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny part is that Apple no longer has the slide to unlock thing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It is apple trying to kill off a competitor, simple as that.
    No longer are apple the only option for a desirable smart phone.
    And they don't like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Apple and Samsung will sue each other forever.

These results mean no actual change in anything. Neither even use the features discussed in current models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is apple trying to kill off a competitor, simple as that.
    No longer are apple the only option for a desirable smart phone.
    And they don't like that.
    This isn't just a case of Apple sues Samsung.

They're both running multiple lawsuits against each other at any one time (about 50 at once, each spends around $3-5b pa just suing each other.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc._v._Samsung_Electronics_Co.

How is auto correct an apple thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Maybe it's the bad autocorrect that makes you say kinky stuff?!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not auto correct in general, but the specific interface to it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like a classic case of "you made this? I made this". I'm pretty sure Samsung has been doing things with their phone way before Apple even thought of it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-09-18 at 09:27 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I had an iphone once. Now I have a samsung and have had it for awhile. I have never gotten nearly the same hilarity out of my samsung auto correct as my iphone gave me.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    These days Samsung makes around 40% of the A8 processors Apple is using. But they're a chip maker, so...

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    This is why I try not to text family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    From the link

the ruling comes long after Samsung has changed the way those features work on its smartphones. For example, you no longer need to slide a button to unlock Galaxy phones -- you can just swipe your finger anywhere on the screen. Samsung's keyboard has also been updated several times since the ruling.

So Apple won -- but not much more than a Pyrrhic victory.
    how exactly is it a pyrrhic victory if apple is still doing fine financially because of it's zealot like user base.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because patenting an algorithm is somehow ok. I get patenting an entire software product and its goals. Like, sure, patent your UX design features as a whole, but something like autocorrect is a freaking dictionary search mixed with a proximity search. It's patenting math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Because patenting an algorithm is somehow ok. I get patenting an entire software product and its goals. Like, sure, patent your UX design features as a whole, but something like autocorrect is a freaking dictionary search mixed with a proximity search. It's patenting math.
    Again, 90% sure it was the UI not the autocorrect itself.

-Kujako-

This lawsuit was from 2012, and its ruling is irrelevant since Samsung no longer "infringes" upon anything included in the lawsuit.

2012 = Galaxy S2.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Again, 90% sure it was the UI not the autocorrect itself.
    The bar above the keyboard that has a selection of words? I guess maybe I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's not auto correct in general, but the specific interface to it.
    The first thing I did when I got my iPad was to install Swiftkey so I would never need to use the Apple keyboard + predictive spell correct.