Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    the bill actually makes sense. if you dont do your job you shouldnt get paid. however having it pass would be almost impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not going anywhere. don't worry.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    pass that sucker.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    What about a president who has never offered up a balanced budget?.
    how about a president who committed multiple violations of the law while in office. *cough* bush *cough*.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also for not paying Congressmen who do not vote. It won't pass, of course. These guys can raise their own wages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    how about a president who committed multiple violations of the law while in office. *cough* bush *cough*.
    Which violations?

So, if a republican congress and senate pass a budget,

and obama vetoes it

who is shutting down the government?

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    So, if a republican congress and senate pass a budget,

and obama vetoes it

The Republicans for removing funding for something that is a non factor in the budget. Especially considering they were all duped by the Center for "Medical Progress".

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The Republicans for removing funding for something that is a non factor in the budget. Especially considering they were all duped by the Center for "Medical Progress".
    if a democrat congress and senate pass a budget

and a republican president vetoes it

vetinari is the kind of stupid who, into WoD, still stands in fire.

bro, sit down. unless you're getting up to fetch the men folk our lunch.

People want term limits and less pay/benefits for members of Congress, but the only people who can make those things law are Congress. So in other words, it just isn't going to happen....and people claim that there's total "freedom and democracy" in America. What a joke.

The last time the Republicans shut down the government, they won the House and the Senate. Voters either forgot about them shutting down the government or didn't care.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The last time the Republicans shut down the government, they won the House and the Senate. Voters either forgot about them shutting down the government or didn't care.
    Good point. And sometimes you have to make a stand if you feel something is wrong. Voters also remember if you do not. And more so, history. That being said, this is a reasonable bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good point. And sometimes you have to make a stand if you feel something is wrong. Voters also remember if you do not. And more so, history. That being said, this is a reasonable bill.
    because shutting down the government over reforming healthcare is such a good idea. fuck people getting healthcare.