[WW] Sacred Draenic Incense - DPS Loss with RSK?

Hi guys.

Just a quick question with the serenity spec

Two scenarios:

Scenario A: I use RSK on cool down, despite knowing I have a free one from other spells
    Scenario B: I don't use RSK as long as I have the RSK debuff on my target.

Which one is a dps gain?

I ask this because when I do Mythic Council, on my Chiex spec, I realized that I can dish so much more dps if I was to literally ignore RSK and rely on my other skills to proc the free RSK.

In serenity, though, I'm not sure.

Any advice?

Deleted
    If you have your tier bonuses you want to be RSKing anyway for the combo breaker procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    If you have your tier bonuses you want to be RSKing anyway for the combo breaker procs.
    These still do generate from the free RSK's you get provided you have the trinket on though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoy0lol View Post
    These still do generate from the free RSK's you get provided you have the trinket on though.
    Which means RSK is still high in priority. You want as many of those combo breakers as possible.

Deleted
    On AoE with Chi Explosion, you only RSK if the debuff would drop and preferably at 6 chi to prevent wasting procs. If ChiEx doesn't cleave, you still RSK on cooldown.

With Serenity, RSK deals way too much damage compared to a BoK to ever not cast it on CD.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    On AoE with Chi Explosion, you only RSK if the debuff would drop and preferably at 6 chi to prevent wasting procs. If ChiEx doesn't cleave, you still RSK on cooldown.

With Serenity, RSK deals way too much damage compared to a BoK to ever not cast it on CD.
    To add to this; you want to use RSK on cooldown unless you're using ChiEx for multiple targets. Any other situation you want to use it on CD. For using ChiEx you want to use up any CX Combo Breaker before using RSK but apart from that you want to get as many as possible.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    As a windwalker, the reason you RSK on CD is not because of the debuff. If it was for the debuff, we'd be using RSK every 14 seconds, not 8.
    Rising sun kick is your highest hitting ability outside fists of fury. If you have no combo breaker up and you won't fist of fury, rising sun kick.
    Try to have chi ready for when you want to use rising sun kick. You don't wanna need a Jab right before RSK, specially since this has a high chance of proccing a CB you'll want to exhaust.

When playing ChiEx on 3 or more target, you only use RSK to refresh the debuff if it is about to fall off. 4 Chi ChiExplosions are better than RSK in this configuration.
    On two targets tho, if you're not risking to waste CB procs by doing so, it is still better to RSK rather than ChiEx.