Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I haven't looked for any real RP on my server, though occasionally I do see people with really bad macros tied to certain attacks, "GET OVER HERE!" type things just like so many DKs in WoW.
    Having said that, even though it is horrible in a way, I did find this a while back and thought it was hilarious. Be sure to check out the screenshots for the full dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I've...never seen it happening and I role-play almost every day in FFXIV. Either it's hyperbole or a case of someone mistaking the trolling/idiocy of the Quicksand (the equivalent of WoW's infamous Goldshire on role-playing realms) as a serious example of role-play. In reality most role-players find that sort of thing to be exceptionally creepy and weird.
    I'm well aware. I know the brain dead weeb-tards do not make up any significant bulk of the RP crowd, and their presence is usually not tolerated by much of anyone.

But they exist. And, truth be told, I've run into more of them in FF14 than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm well aware. I know the brain dead weeb-tards do not make up any significant bulk of the RP crowd, and their presence is usually not tolerated by much of anyone.

But they exist. And, truth be told, I've run into more of them in FF14 than anywhere else.
    I think I saw the most of that in Aion, myself, super Asian game and the customization really lent itself well to people just making their favorite anime hero, especially when I tried it again not long ago and most of the serious RPers had left the game, the RP scene was mostly just whole plot references to anything but Aion's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    I think I saw the most of that in Aion, myself, super Asian game and the customization really lent itself well to people just making their favorite anime hero, especially when I tried it again not long ago and most of the serious RPers had left the game, the RP scene was mostly just whole plot references to anything but Aion's world.
    HA! Well, I didn't stick around too long in Aion...