Anyone have an ipad air 2?

I have an ipad 4th gen. Still going pretty good, but kind of sucks that some new features of ios9 aren't available for 4th gen. Think it's worth the upgrade?

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see the point of them, what can it do that a phone, laptop, or desktop can't, two of which are just as portable?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Are those new features worth $600 and your dignity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    i dont see the point of them, what can it do that a phone, laptop, or desktop can't, two of which are just as portable?
    The size, that is all really. I have a galaxy s6, but when I'm at home I favor my ipad for that reason. I don't mean to cause a war, I'm open to any good tablet, but my wife has the newest samsung tablet, and I've been using 4th gen for quite a while now, so I'm used to the interface.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Are those new features worth $600 and your dignity?
    It would be a birthday gift. My wife mentioned it, and I don't even know if its worth it because I still have 4, that's why I'm trying to get some opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It would be a birthday gift. My wife mentioned it, and I don't even know if its worth it because I still have 4, that's why I'm trying to get some opinions.
    Well bro it depends on what you do with it... If you occasionally surf the internet, read some books, and play a few games on it, it probably isn't worth it... If you use it all day every day for whatever reason, then sure why not?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Well bro it depends on what you do with it... If you occasionally surf the internet, read some books, and play a few games on it, it probably isn't worth it... If you use it all day every day for whatever reason, then sure why not?
    I mostly surf the net with it, occasionally play a game, but I don't care much for graphics on a tablet. Though like i said, the newer apple ipads have adblocking apps, I can't use those on my 4th gen. Faster browsing would be very welcome, but that's about all I would really care for.

I upgraded my iPad 1st gen to an iPad Mini 2 years ago and I thought it was worth it. Can't speak for you, but I think I'd do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubling the ram and the slight cpu speed bump are actually pretty noticeable, I was surprised when my gf upgraded from a 3rd gen to the air last year. Of course YMMV depending on how you use it. TouchID is a nice QoL update and of course the better camera if you use it much. Once you get to the air line, short of going with a pro for a (gimped) laptop replacement, you're probably not going to need to upgrade again for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Doubling the ram and the slight cpu speed bump are actually pretty noticeable, I was surprised when my gf upgraded from a 3rd gen to the air last year. Of course YMMV depending on how you use it. TouchID is a nice QoL update and of course the better camera if you use it much. Once you get to the air line, short of going with a pro for a (gimped) laptop replacement, you're probably not going to need to upgrade again for quite some time.
    I'll be honest, 4th gen lags a bit. Seems to lag more since i got it. Some apps take up to 5 seconds to load.

Deleted
    I have the ipad2, so, so quite old also, I think it's older than the air 2?

I think it's worth upgrading if you want the new features, but mine works fine so I don't see a reason too just yet,

I paid £300 for mine quite a few years ago, 3 or 4 years ago and it still works fine. This ipad is honestly the most reliable piece of tech I have ever owned. My samsung s4 ive had for 1 year now and its broke twice in that time, never had a single problem with my iPad 2 and I use it a hell of a lot more than i use my phone.
    I can tell my iPad is getting dated though, some newer apps and games do lag and load a lot slower than they did when I first got it, but it's still useable for another year or two

I was given a free ipad 2 from a cable company a while ago. Pretty much the only use I've gotten out of it is shitposting while sitting on the crapper.

To answer your question, maybe.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.