Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yep I have a couple, I have my lvl 50 Roe DRG and my lvl 30ish Au'ra Warrior. My heart still remains with my main however. I intend to one day get hiim maxed out on all classes/professions

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    FFXIV isn't very alt friendly so I don't really have a proper alt - just a character I happen to log onto from time to time. I do intend to get him through the MSQ's eventually since playing a different race from time to time can be fun...but usually I'm distracted by stuff on my main character.
    I would contend that it is and isn't alt friendly, all at the same time. Compare having to do area completion/exploration/aether current hunting all of once to GW2, where every single different character/class has to do world exploration all on their own.

For the OP's question, no. I honestly don't see any point in having an alt in this game. I don't play hardcore enough to warrant needing multiple classes in max ilvl gear asap, nor would I ever want to...it's tedious enough right now capping eso tomes on one character. :P

I don't since there's very little reason to have one on FFXIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye i have two alts... and two ctrls...and shifts...wait we're no talking about keyboards are we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I would contend that it is and isn't alt friendly, all at the same time. Compare having to do area completion/exploration/aether current hunting all of once to GW2, where every single different character/class has to do world exploration all on their own.

For the OP's question, no. I honestly don't see any point in having an alt in this game. I don't play hardcore enough to warrant needing multiple classes in max ilvl gear asap, nor would I ever want to...it's tedious enough right now capping eso tomes on one character. :P
    Yeah, I'm working on my thief's world completion and was going to make a third character, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, nah, not worth the time investment or walking everywhere again. If they ever make the WPs alt friendly, then I'll use my tomes on a necro (for reaper).

A returning friend asked me to make a new character on Balmung (whatever it is) and I flat out refused and I'm not transferring. I felt bad but meh, they don't play enough to make the investment worth it both ways.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yeah, I'm working on my thief's world completion and was going to make a third character, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, nah, not worth the time investment or walking everywhere again. If they ever make the WPs alt friendly, then I'll use my tomes on a necro (for reaper).

A returning friend asked me to make a new character on Balmung (whatever it is) and I flat out refused and I'm not transferring. I felt bad but meh, they don't play enough to make the investment worth it both ways.
    I stopped doing world completion on my guardian and started leveling my mesmer, since it's the only class I don't have at 80. Probably won't even have 20% world completion by the time I hit 80 (was at 48 as of this past Saturday via tomes/writs, now 65). For whatever reason, I find it more...productive, I suppose, to level up by doing world completion, since it leaves that much less of it to do once the character is 80.

Anyway, back onto topic with FF14: As someone who transferred to Balmung, it has it's advantages and disadvantages. There's tons of people on at all times, but if you have friends who want to sign up and play, it makes it nigh impossible for them to join you there. Would REALLY like to see some sort of system akin to wow's CRZ in that it allows you to party with friends from other servers and thus ports them over onto your server for the time they are in a group with you.

For clarity: I am not asking for an exact replica of CRZ in FF14. Just that specific bit for allowing friends to group up regardless of server.