Trying to figure out a good price range for my PC this year

Hey all, this is my first time ever trying to build a pc from scratch, and I'm pretty excited. I have been doing my research on building so I'm pretty confident in that regard.

What I was curious on is price. I've been setting money aside to build myself a good gaming pc, and I had it in my head to go for a rig at a $1,000. I don't personally know anyone that has built their own pc before, so I was going to ask here or /r/buildapcforme.

I wanted to know if $1k USD is a good amount for wanting to play games and stream on twitch in 1080p 60fps. I'm mainly looking to play Overwatch when it comes out, as well as League of Legends, WoW, CS:GO, but obviously not hindering myself for future games/ upgrades.

Is 1k a good price, or should I keep saving for maybe a bit more? Am I missing out on something good for a little more? An example; I have seen in some builds is that SSD seems to be better than HDD, yet it can rack up the price a bit. Also a concern is cooling the pc, such as liquid, or just fans, I'm sure price will matter on that as well.

TL;DR Is $1k USD good enough to play/ stream games at 1080p 60fps, or should I plan to spend more. Peripherals are not needed though, Monitor keyboard mouse all good to go.

Deleted
    Usually to max out 1080p or so you need around 1.2k with o/s included or go with a lower gpu. Will give you an example below with 16gb of ram, if you go with 8 you save 50bucks, if you lower the gpu you can save another 80-100, if we pick a cheaper mobo you can save afew bucks as well etc.
    Think of this as a good all around "gaming pc". Keeping good quality in parts, very good performance without going to extremes that are not needed or breaking the bank.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($145.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($97.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1200.20
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-21 08:13 EDT-0400
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-09-21 at 12:13 PM. Reason: edited o/s

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Usually to max out 1080p or so you need around 1.2k with o/s included or go with a lower gpu. Will give you an example below with 16gb of ram, if you go with 8 you save 50bucks, if you lower the gpu you can save another 80-100, if we pick a cheaper mobo you can save afew bucks as well etc.
    Think of this as a good all around "gaming pc". Keeping good quality in parts, very good performance without going to extremes that are not needed or breaking the bank.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($145.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($97.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1200.20
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-21 08:13 EDT-0400
    Thanks a bunch. A friend online also suggested this build, he said it's cheaper and would significantly increase performance in video rendering.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mbLYD3
    Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Keyblader; 2015-09-21 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    First off you said nothing for video rendering. Keeping that in mind tho it will depend on the application. Some of them (like cad) don't use hyperthreading, only real cores in which case the cpu i picked will be faster. That aside the 2 builds are night and day apart in quality and performance, from the meh ssd and psu to low end mobo.

First off you said nothing for video rendering. Keeping that in mind tho it will depend on the application. Some of them (like cad) don't use hyperthreading, only real cores in which case the cpu i picked will be faster. That aside the 2 builds are night and day apart in quality and performance, from the meh ssd and psu to low end mobo.
    Well initially I wasn't asking for a build here I was just looking for some input on if I would be ok with a 1k pc. Then you gave me a build from little info I have because again, I hadn't asked for a build yet because I wanted to fill out the template in here, in which case I would have brought up video rendering. I apologize if I caused any inconvenience.

Deleted
    Nothing to apologize for, its all good. You gave me the impression that you are looking for a build that will play most games out there @1080p while streaming. Now about video rendering, can you be more specific on the software you are using or going to use?

As i mentioned some are affected by higher single cores, others benefit from all but might not use hyperthreading. In that case i would grab the i7. Additionaly, depending on the software you might need amd or nvidia. If the app uses opencl you will benefit more from an amd card, but if it is opengl/dx then you need an nvidia one.

All in all you need to tell us what exactly you are going to use and what are the budget limits, like say 1k to 1.2k ceiling and try to make the best with that.

edit: Or if video rendering is some off work that brings food to the table you can look at X99 socket but will be a little more expensive.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-09-22 at 08:00 AM.

Nothing to apologize for, its all good. You gave me the impression that you are looking for a build that will play most games out there @1080p while streaming. Now about video rendering, can you be more specific on the software you are using or going to use?

As i mentioned some are affected by higher single cores, others benefit from all but might not use hyperthreading. In that case i would grab the i7. Additionaly, depending on the software you might need amd or nvidia. If the app uses opencl you will benefit more from an amd card, but if it is opengl/dx then you need an nvidia one.

All in all you need to tell us what exactly you are going to use and what are the budget limits, like say 1k to 1.2k ceiling and try to make the best with that.

edit: Or if video rendering is some off work that brings food to the table you can look at X99 socket but will be a little more expensive.
    Ok thank you for clarification, like I said this is all pretty new to me so am trying to do research while attempting to be as clear as possible. The plan was to be streaming on twitch, while uploading game play to YouTube using Sony Vegas, which I already will have. My price range I was aiming for was 1k if the 1.2k build you suggested was that much better I'd rather not sacrifice performance when I could just wait a bit longer. As long as that build is still relevant in price a month or so down the road.
    Last edited by Keyblader; 2015-09-22 at 09:03 AM.