Deleted

Shit dps at Assault mythic

My dps is so poor on Mythic Assault.. I play Elemental. I hope somebody could help me out?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7/8/#boss=1778
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Shamlicious/simple

I try to keep up Enhanced Earthquake as much as possible.

There's only so much damage that can be done on that fight over a set period of time. Even if you kill everything really fast you are still sitting there for a chunk of time.

I have one decent parse on there because I just went full aoe spec with liquid magma, echo and a pof instead of the class trinket.

Don't worry about it... you've got no chance of ranking/doing well on meters simply because your raid ilvl is too high.
    Shit dies too fast, tank moves to pick up next adds.. out of your double EQ, etc.

Also, gl getting a full Ascendance off on anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    My dps is so poor on Mythic Assault.. I play Elemental. I hope somebody could help me out?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7/8/#boss=1778
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Shamlicious/simple

I try to keep up Enhanced Earthquake as much as possible.
    Earthquake is just scumbagging on that fight. Because Assault is an add fight that is all about single target priority.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Earthquake is just scumbagging on that fight. Because Assault is an add fight that is all about single target priority.
    QFT.

You want to parse on Assault for some reason? Have your tank hold all the Dragoons off to the side for you to roll a 100% uptime EQ on like every other top 100 parser. Otherwise you should be looking at your damage on the priority adds. Brutes, Mini-Bosses and Siege Vehicles. Casters are important too, but damage to them only REALLY matters when theyre transformed.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Don't sweat over it, Assault Mythic is a joke. As said above, mobs die too quickly, there is little time to get EQ's rolling for any real worth. 1 tip is to hold onto liquid magma and ascendance for the zerg siege/mini boss phase. It's practically the only time in the fight you will get some high aoe throughput (if your other dps don't dribble).

Kormrok/HFC/Iskar/Xhul ... if you are low on those fights, then it's something to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Earthquake is a single target increase and, frankly, our most powerful tool. Yes, HFA has priority adds, but implying that means that we should not use our EQ is simply wrong. Smartly positioned earthquakes will greatly increase our damage to everything, not simply "padding" on dragoons. HFA should follow a single-target rotation with EQ added to the top and chain lightning replacing LB as our filler.

The only exception is that, during progression, it may be a good idea to avoid pushing more than one felcaster on each side at a time. If that seems to be a problem you are having, it may be wise to drop EQ from your rotation during those parts or to remind everyone of the priority the adds should be killed in.

That said, just to echo what everyone has said: The fight is timed and has a very limited amount of damage going out. Unless you are doing something to inflate your numbers or a few players on your side die, don't expect massively high rankings. Looking at your logs, your berserker damage is low (mostly due to a lack of well-placed EQ damage), but your cannon dmg is right on point. Other targets don't matter nearly as much outside of making sure <50% felcasters die ASAP. You also appear to be using way too many flame shocks on short-lived adds, and not nearly enough fulminates.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-09-23 at 01:29 PM.

Until you group everything up you will not rank on that fight. Judging simply by the replay on your log I can tell you still split the groups up into two so your Hunters do and should out-DPS you on that fight. If they are asking why you aren't doing more simply say all of the ranked parses group them all up specifically to rank.

Also, don't use the class trinket on that fight; it's worthless as everything dies too quickly. If you have the Mannoroth Heroic trinket use that instead.
    Last edited by Ximaus; 2015-09-23 at 05:21 PM.

The manno trinket is worse on all levels than even trinkets from last tier for ele. Especially if the problem is adds dying to quickly you'll have garbage uptime.

Dotmore You can run echo instead of EM for more EQs and LM over EF. Short controlled bursts from LM>>>>w.e. damage from EF unless you have to run the class trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by elcid75 View Post
    The manno trinket is worse on all levels than even trinkets from last tier for ele. Especially if the problem is adds dying to quickly you'll have garbage uptime.
    I don't know who you've been talking to but the Mannoroth Trinket is actually fairly decent even for Elemental; certainly better than last tier Trinkets. The Class Trinket has no static stat at all and the static Int from the Mannoroth Trinket alone will be better than the Class Trinket. His problem is not that adds are dying too fast, his problem is that he is doing a Mythic strat which splits the groups into two. He will never have enough adds grouped up to rank using that strat.

Contrary to what you might think the Mannoroth Trinket tends to perform better with smaller groups of adds to AoE. This is because Earthquake can proc the Mark on a target but cannot actually detonate the Mark. Therefore, the fewer adds you have to AoE the easier it is to Chain Lightning the marked target. Adds die quickly but they aren't going to melt in seconds.

You can run echo instead of EM for more EQs and LM over EF. Short controlled bursts from LM>>>>w.e. damage from EF unless you have to run the class trinket.
    Echo will give some extra numbers (people already suggested it) but it's not actually as much of a boost at smaller add numbers. Not to mention this seems to have been his first kill and burning down priority mobs (ie using EM) is more important. LM is decent but it's not going to make or break your DPS on this fight; it just doesn't have enough focus so if the adds aren't being grouped up together it won't be as good.

His problem isn't that he isn't AoEing; his problem is that he doesn't have enough to AoE.
    Last edited by Ximaus; 2015-09-25 at 02:08 PM.