View Poll Results: Is being young an excusable reason for not knowing how to play your class in LFR?

Voters
128. This poll is closed
  • Yes

46 35.94%
  • No

82 64.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    you looked for retards.

you found retards.

working as intended.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    My 10 year old is too good for LFR, it's sad when even your kid laughs at those players. 4.3k is never acceptable sorry.
    Kinda this... a 10 year old should be capable of learning to play their character by the time they hit max level.

Another reason why I hate LFR.

Deleted
    Two questions I need to ask:
    1. Why is a ten year old playing WoW?
    2. If he needs to learn it why does he do it with a lvl 100 in LFR and not with a lvl 1 in Startzone XY?

Okay I already know the answer to Question number 1. Because it gets him out of his parents hair till he is ready for college.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    As soon as I was told it was a 10 year old I directed all my my statements to the parent. Is no point, even telling the 10 year old what they are doing wrong. It isn't my responsibility to babysit someone elses child.
    Just like you should, I absolutely agree with you.
    Groups are no place to learn the basics of a game.

We all learned the game at one point and most likely would have been extremely incompetent if we had to deal with a lvl 100 in LFR without instructions but we started at the beginning. You know, where you should start.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2015-09-21 at 05:55 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It may actually be a problem with not having to play your character but being able to buy a jump to level 90. By skipping those levels any person may actually be failing to learn how to play their character.

Deleted
    There are a lot of ADULTS doing 5k in lfr, and you ask why a 10yo does it? P

Honestly, who cares why even someone does 5k? It means he's jerking off. So let the raid know he's doing 5k, ask for a kick, and if the majority of these people are not brainless morons they will kick it, if they are even bigger retards than the 5k guy they wont and well nothing u can do, it's lfr.

I've done lfr only for old raids legendary items on my alts, but most of the times I pointed out that someone was basically afk doing no dps, i got him kicked. Maybe I was lucky. Oh and if someone says ur toxic because u want out a guy doing 5k dps... who cares? They'r morons, you care about what morons think about you? I'm proud im hated by that kind of useless people.

In lfr I only care about how people behave not how they play.

I think age has very little to do with it. I've seen people in their late 20's contribute so little that they were essentially a difficulty modifier there to waste healer mana. I've also raided with an 11 year old back in BC (one of my raiders from vanilla's daughter started playing with us in BC) and she was a decent healer. Not our best, but also not our worst, and contributed enough that she earned her Hand of A'dal and ZA Bear mount without having to be carried.

Then again, I ran 5 mans with them while she was leveling her first character and her dad actually tried teaching her instead of letting her be terrible and using her age as an excuse. He set up her UI and her action bars, and they started very simple (this shows how hurt people are, use this one if someone need a little heal, use this one for a big heal, use this when we're all hurt, etc.)

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don`t care if he is only 10 years old. If he is only doing about 4K dps, then he should not be in LFR.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleji View Post
    Anything is acceptable in LFR. It's LFR.

It's funny because it's true.

When I was 10, I could beat games faster than most people I knew. Learning the mechanics and executing them in various different game types was fun to me. If you put me in an MMO, I may not have immediately discovered optimal rotations and min/maxed everything, but if I had a parent who knew well enough and gave me a link to a guide written by a good player, I'd have been able to at least execute the guide reasonably. I think if you want to play the game, you should at least understand the abilities you have access to. That's the entire point of the game. You use those to do cool shit. A 5 key setup can do higher than average DPS, so I don't fully understand how anyone can excuse sub 10k DPS once you're at like 610 ilvl.

I could excuse doing bad DPS if you played the game to RP. Or if you played the game just to farm old content, achievement whore, collect stuff, etc. Anything where your own gameplay is your own gameplay and doesn't affect other people. But this is raiding. Your performance actually matters because everyone else depends on you to do your job. It's expected anyone using LF to find a group for a heroic or a raid has at minimum knowledge of how to play their class competently. There's a reason the game requires silver proving grounds (and it should probably require gold).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not doubt a 10 year old's ability to play the game and be good at it. I question the adults that are clearly using age as an excuse for someone not learning to play a character by maximum level. And oddly, LFR has less skill requirements to queue then Heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    In case someone is wondering, yes. My question in raid was to point out bad play. It went something like the following:

Me: Why exactly is the rogue linking items in raid chat and doing 4.3k dps?
    Me: Looking at your damage, you didn't hit a single sinister strike on council.
    DK: Hey, that is m....bla bla bla

So basically you just made it up to fit your post.
    Maybe they were letting their son who is 10 play the game...ever thought of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find it is, but that's how it was designed lowest skill cap entry possible, produces lowest possible skill cap participants.

Wait next expansion with it's 'greater focus on dungeons' and you'll be forced to carry such people when you pug.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    So basically you just made it up to fit your post.
    Maybe they were letting their son who is 10 play the game...ever thought of that?
    So, if their son stands up in the middle of a movie and starts screaming at the top of his lungs that is acceptable to you as a movie goer? The majority of players of this game are adults. If you play games with adults you should expect to be treated pretty like everyone else. If you play is horrid, expect someone to ask why or kick you from raid.

Just saying...

I have a suggestion then. don't walk into an lfr and think "This will be easy" because frankly half of them are afk a fifth of them are only playing with one hand another sixth are chatting with somebody and pause in casting simply to write with someone and another 1/100 are actually happy to be there if there is a rest it is misc

while LFR is LFR and carries a whole different set of expectations, the excuse itself is bullshit. Any actual ten year old can dominate half the forty year-old tryhards without knowing what class they logged into.

The likely truth is it was yet another half-afk mythic raider on alt trying to stay conscious.

being 10 is not an excuse for not gitting gud
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Parents should teach their children to not disrupt or compromise the serious business of lifeless neckbeards!