Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    lol, how much blizz paid for this hardworking protosss portrait white knight to defend blizzcon @mmo-champ
    Theres a difference between white knighting and defending I suggest you learn these differences. If people can blindly attack something you enjoy then what is wrong with defending it? Also Protoss for life
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2015-09-22 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Did your mind explode when you learned that the very first Blizzcon only gave out a Murloc pet?
    Its a shame no one can just give a flat out honest critique of what they think is wrong with the game without some defender of the holy grail attacking you. Once you go mount (hotness or a 10) back down to a pet (whack 1-2) am I really suppose to be excited about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Its a shame no one can just give a flat out honest critique of what they think is wrong with the game without some defender of the holy grail attacking you. Once you go mount (hotness or a 10) back down to a pet (whack 1-2) am I really suppose to be excited about that?
    Because at the end of the day people would probably care more about the convention itself over pixels. And that rating is purely opinion. The mount and costume are quite rare now anyways less than 10,000 of each if I'm not mistaken so. They could give out 0 rewards for attending/watching the convention and people would still watch at the end of the day the goodies are because they chose to not because they have to. Also at the end of the day you are entitled to your opinions just know others don't have to share/agree with said opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2015-09-22 at 07:29 PM.

Speak for yourself. I'd much, much rather have a pet than a mount. Mounts are great and I collect them but they aren't nearly as interesting as a pet with a potential new move set that could shake up the meta (not saying Murkidan will have that necessarily). Murkalot was and still is amazing.

Remember when you use to get costume's and mounts at blizzcon? No longer is the game about your character but about "pets".
    How many you got bro? over 500? cool, lets pet battle with 3 buttons and skip raids & rbgs tonight!
    What are you talking about? The pet has always been the signature thing at blizzcon...they gave a mount and costume each only once. Meanwhile, there have been 6 murloc pets given out. Also, what was that "about your character" part? In what way does another mount or costume benefit your character more than a pet? All 3 are completely cosmetic.

2004: Murky (pet)
    2007: Murloc Costume (costume)
    2008: Polar bear (mount)
    2009: Grunty (pet)
    2010: Deathy (pet)
    2011: Murkablo (pet)
    2013: Murkalot (pet)
    2014: Grommloc (pet)

The WoW item for the past 5 Blizzcons has been a murloc pet and the reward from the first Blizzcon was also a murloc pet. If I went to Blizzcon, I would be expecting that I get a murloc pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    What are you talking about? The pet has always been the signature thing at blizzcon...they gave a mount and costume each only once. Meanwhile, there have been 6 murloc pets given out. Also, what was that "about your character" part? In what way does another mount or costume benefit your character more than a pet? All 3 are completely cosmetic.

The WoW item for the past 5 Blizzcons has been a murloc pet and the reward from the first Blizzcon was also a murloc pet. If I went to Blizzcon, I would be expecting that I get a murloc pet.
    Tbh if I ever go I would just hope for an enjoyable show. Ofc goodies are nice but I think Blizzcon is more about the show than goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh if I ever go I would just hope for an enjoyable show. Ofc goodies are nice but I think Blizzcon is more about the show than goodies.
    Completely agree, the show and environment is definitely the best part (never been to blizzcon but have been to Comic Con and it was amazing). Just pointing out to the people who are disappointed that the goody isn't a mount that the general theme of blizzcon goodies is for it to be a pet and to not expect a mount just because it happened once.

Completely agree, the show and environment is definitely the best part (never been to blizzcon but have been to Comic Con and it was amazing). Just pointing out to the people who are disappointed that the goody isn't a mount that the general theme of blizzcon goodies is for it to be a pet and to not expect a mount just because it happened once.
    Problem for me is I live in the UK so travel and other personal reasons stop me from going. But every year since 2010 me and my friends have got a Virtual Ticket and set up our pc to a huge ass TV! . I'll admit 2014 was a bit meh and I was expecting them to showcase something for Warcraft's 20th anniversary but I watch Blizzcon more for Starcraft and Diablo personally. As for goodies nice to have em but at the end of the day they do it for the fans not because they have to.

The first Blizzcon was 2005.

I think an important thing to remember as well is that not only did we only get one digital good for most years, not only was it ONLY available for live attendees, but there are 500% more games being supported with digital gifts. Maybe you don't play those, but a lot of us (especially the people who ATTEND blizzcon) do. We get a nice variety of gifts across all the games, including a mount for heroes of the storm, which is probably the best place for a mount to be given. You use it every single game, no bullshit about flying, it can be as crazy off the wall as they want.

A wow mount has too many restrictions; new players cant use it, does it fly, does it not fly, whats the theme, plus how could they EVER top the bear with a murloc mount? I've been using it for almost 9 years now. Its my favorite item in game.

I can understand that pet, pet, pet, pet might get a little stale after awhile if you only play wow but a murloc pet is practically tradition at this point (even the mount had one). I'd be more disappointed if we didn't get one at this point, though I use that word very, very loosely because I go to Blizzcon to enjoy the show, feel the vibe, and tell all the developers and actors how much i like their work. The pets and banners are just gravy.

Then pay $199 for an actual ticket and go Blizzcon. These are for people who cannot attend and people who buy a virtual ticket can actually purchase 1 goody bag if I read correctly. Also people who play Starcraft and Diablo will obviously care so your statement is invalid.
    Only reason I bought the VT is for the requirement to the IRL goodie bag. It will make a cute new purse to add to my collection...though Murkadin is just an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It hasn't been announced yet. In the last few years they didn't announce until late October.
    It was announced even later than usual last year, like 3 weeks before. worth it, though. Metallica put on one of the better Blizzcon shows, especially compared to Blink. Foo Fighters is still the best though. Can't even imagine who they are going to get this year though i'm hoping for a total 180 and they get Weird Al. He has a suspicious gap in the Mandatory Fun schedule that would be perfect for Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    It was announced even later than usual last year, like 3 weeks before. worth it, though. Metallica put on one of the better Blizzcon shows, especially compared to Blink. Foo Fighters is still the best though. Can't even imagine who they are going to get this year though i'm hoping for a total 180 and they get Weird Al. He has a suspicious gap in the Mandatory Fun schedule that would be perfect for Blizzcon
    Tbh it is very unlikely here but I'm hoping they get AC/DC :O. Like I said unlikely but hey one can wish

Tbh it is very unlikely here but I'm hoping they get AC/DC :O. Like I said unlikely but hey one can wish
    My only hesitation with that would be Ozzy. He tried for sure, and a few songs were great, but I don't think the crowd was prepared to give him what he was used to getting from an audience and any time he strayed from the huge hits like Paranoid, Crazy Train, etc (ie: the shit you hear in rock band/guitar hero) the energy died way down.

I think people would be super pumped any time they played a song that was in Iron Man and kind of bobbing and nodding for others. It's maybe teh biggest issue with the Blizzcon concerts. Yes, we are all there to celebrate a shared interest but boy does that not translate into musical tastes, except for when we had video games live maybe. The Dun Murough tavern theme doesn't exactly inspire a ton of crowd energy though.

Foo Fighters felt like the best with the crowd but we were also like 20 ft from stage and it was amazing. No idea what it was like back by the bathrooms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz/Activision is geting a bit souless with their Illidan "resurrection"

When will they fix [Finish Them!]?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Blizz/Activision is geting a bit souless with their Illidan "resurrection"
    You realise all Activision Blizzard is for is a holding company yes and that neither have any say in what happens with their games?. Eg Blizzard can't go to Activision and tell them what to do with Call of Duty just as Activision cannot tell Blizzard what to do with World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    Tenacious D in 2010 was awesome. Blink was terrible, their on-stage presence was somewhere between ice cold and non-existent.

people need to learn the difference between "totally different thing", "model", "skeleton" and "reskin"

We have a techno horse, this is the techno kodo and it looks great

Deleted
    Some pretty cool rewards again this year!!!