Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Oh, seems the study classifies unwanted advances and remarks about appearance as sexual assault as well. Guess I'll ignore this one -.-
    "He asked me for coffe and he was a creep. ASSSSAULT!"

The more spoiled is a person, the more likely she is to behave like this and thus skew statistics.

No surprise.

Deleted
    its the stress my good chumps hard work no reward working 4 years for a peace of papers that says "you ARE good" makes you Feel like a dog you use to be the smartest guy in you re school and Harvard you are just another nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, seems the study classifies unwanted advances and remarks about appearance as sexual assault as well. Guess I'll ignore this one -.-
    That was the first thing i looked for as well. This is why we can never really have an honest conversation about this issue.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Where did it say this?

In my opinion, the problem is how they define consent. Most sexually active people would probably be considered rapists or rape victims if we imply that being inebriated in any shape or form prevents anybody from giving consent.

They also don't take into account that both parties may be drunk. This seems to me an obvious question and one that always gets skirted around.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2015-09-21 at 09:21 PM.

53% was the survey response rate.

Deleted
    Whole study is not only bad statistics; it uses that crazy definition of sexual assault that includes "not asking every 20 seconds whether you have full active and ongoing consent"

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...sconduct/1747/

This was done with a clear agenda: promote rape hysteria.

Even though, as many feminists have pointed out, there's more rape in ghettos and poor (ethnic) areas -- and in all male prisons -- than on college campuses, where all the white women are.

Gotta keep feeding that myth of the perpetually raped white woman though!
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-09-21 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know for sure my hometown university is one of the most dangerous larger schools in the nation. Female retention rate and enrollment keeps dropping with the increase in assault and crime. No idea how many go unreported or covered up. What makes it worse is the Schools population itself is almost equal to that of the cities base population. Small city, larger universities don't mix.

There are a lot of issues going on in my town concerning the school. Our police chief was recently fired(though they say this isn't the reason he was fired) for being linked 2 murders, one was a student just outside of the campus.

Big school, corrupt police, small town.. many sexual assaults in particular are covered up.

Alternative headline - Don't Trust Women From Harvard.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    and because white males oppress everybody.
    We shall await the rainbow haired priestesses and their PC Bro's from the elite colleges who know better to come save us poor misguided plebs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Whole study is not only bad statistics; it uses that crazy definition of sexual assault that includes "not asking every 20 seconds whether you have full active and ongoing consent"

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...sconduct/1747/

This was done with a clear agenda: promote rape hysteria.

Even though, as many feminists have pointed out, there's more rape in ghettos and poor (ethnic) areas -- and in all male prisons -- than on college campuses, where all the white women are.

Right? I mean if the rape statistics were true that would make colleges more dangerous than the Congo were rape is an instrument of war.

It is hilarious that the Laurie Pennies of the world from the rich posh schools have stolen the spotlight. Honestly I think this whole thing is a moral panic/hysteria that really has more to do with various feminists and parents unwilling to believe that their daughter likes having sex.

They hate to think their daughter is getting bukkaked, OR they are the rainbow haired girls whom are deeply jealous its not them.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey now, rainbow hair is awesome. I want rainbow hair!

but yes, including comments and unwanted advances is so utterly stupid...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    hey now, rainbow hair is awesome. I want rainbow hair!

but yes, including comments and unwanted advances is so utterly stupid...
    It's my go to image for tumblr's more rank and nasty sort of people as it seems to be a requirement of that crowd of people. Admittedly my hair isn't naturally born with green highlights.... so I guess I fit in. IN MY DEFENSE! I haven't updated my hairstyle much since the Helicon days when Scenesters and myspace was still a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It's my go to image for tumblr's more rank and nasty sort of people as it seems to be a requirement of that crowd of people. Admittedly my hair isn't naturally born with green highlights.... so I guess I fit in. IN MY DEFENSE! I haven't updated my hairstyle much since the Helicon days when Scenesters and myspace was still a thing.
    Ive always wanted blue streaks, or those pastel rainbow styles, but considering Im going into epidemiology, crazy hair not allowed.

speaking of which, apparantly how Id deal with sex assault is the wrong way, according to California. :x

unwanted advances probably means, he asked me to go for a coffee, but his family wasn't rich enough/not hot/penis too small/not the next bill gates etc etc = sexual assault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Ive always wanted blue streaks, or those pastel rainbow styles, but considering Im going into epidemiology, crazy hair not allowed.

speaking of which, apparantly how Id deal with sex assault is the wrong way, according to California. :x
    Also in California, and yeah,

The campus "yes means yes," law is IMHO not a good one. Even the laws writers don't actually know how it is supposed to work and are just leaving it up to the courts to sort it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna regret asking, but does the study have anything on males being assaulted?

I just had to mouse over the link to see Washington Post to know this would be riddled with bias.

I think it's relevant to mention how difficult it is to focus on a lecture when the girls in front of you have these low cut tops. Is that some sort of sexual assault? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    There's gotta be a way to use that to harness energy. Almost infinite amounts of energy, rivaling that of the sun surely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think it's relevant to mention how difficult it is to focus on a lecture when the girls in front of you have these low cut tops. Is that some sort of sexual assault? :P
    Funnily enough there are indeed some professors that get quite annoyed by all the girls in skirts without panties in the elevated lecture rooms

Deleted
    Number of assult are not the same as number of reported assult.