Poll: What should be done with SV's abilities?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I imagine SV hunters to become sort of "Beastmasters with Spears" or "Cavemen" if u wish. So having a spear to poke an explosive thing with isnt too far fetched.

I would like for them to get spear throws and diff melee skills altogether tho. I quite enjoy the idea of playing a sort of "Wildling" with a pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    I imagine SV hunters to become sort of "Beastmasters with Spears" or "Cavemen" if u wish. So having a spear to poke an explosive thing with isnt too far fetched.

I would like for them to get spear throws and diff melee skills altogether tho. I quite enjoy the idea of playing a sort of "Wildling" with a pet.
    I'd find it cool if we'd have the possibility to use all of our melee attacks also in form of a throw but once thrown, we'd have to get our spear back.

I wonder if they'll be adding Lock n' Load to Marksmanship?

I think Survival should keep the Serpent Sting/Nature damage sub theme, in which case it'd be cool if Survival Hunters got the Caltrops like in Iron Docks but also poisons enemies who step on them.

i'm hoping they merge some of surv into MM. i'd love for MM to have a wider variety of attacks and be less about standing still and hitting chimera and aimed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had my way I would kinda want survival to retain its current theme but it doesn't need to be with all the same abilities just turned melee. (As in I'd love it to be a spec with all kinds of elements of damage)

I want to remain ranged with a pet. It's just how I've styled my character. Right now, I really don't enjoy how Beastmaster plays. Ideally, the things I like about Survival can be moved there. I'd love for them to get explosive shots would fit the class they give a gun artifact anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black arrow for MM, Explosive shot for Bm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I want to remain ranged with a pet. It's just how I've styled my character. Right now, I really don't enjoy how Beastmaster plays. Ideally, the things I like about Survival can be moved there. I'd love for them to get explosive shots would fit the class they give a gun artifact anyway.
    Wasn't it the other way around? BM gets bow and MM the gun (sniperdisnipe). Then again, guns "back then" probably weren't as precise as what we have

Quote Originally Posted by Prandoff View Post
    Wasn't it the other way around? BM gets bow and MM the gun (sniperdisnipe). Then again, guns "back then" probably weren't as precise as what we have
    Here's what we know about the weapons so far:

From what we've heard, the bow is for Marksmen, which makes sense, as it is styled after elven Ranger-General.
    The gun seems blunderbus-styled. Like the dwarf in the original cinematic with the bear pet. As we get a Hunter's Lodge, it's a safe bet that Hemet Nessingwary is involved in this one. That all screams Beast Master.

The gun is a blunderbus in its basic form, not exactly good for snipers. I do hope we get some upgraded forms that are cooler, sniper-y.

Too late to ask, dearies.

Blizzcon is just 2 weeks away.

Explosive Stab Arcane Stab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Explosive Stab Arcane Stab.
    Stabbedy-stab-stab-stab-yodead!

I just hope they provide melee hunters with some self healing akin to what most other melee classes have for survivability. Its not all about topping the DPS meters, sometimes its fun to do shit where that stuff takes precedence.

I remember doing ICC10 running only 2 healers, and 2 enhance shaman helping with raid heals.

Explosive shot > Explosive tip (cheers massive chalice)

I'm expecting a complete revamp of the survival spec, and all of their ranged abilities going to BM or MM. I think the traps are going to stay though, and we'll get some new ones, even in the talent tree.

I'm very excited about a spec finally being centered around pole-arms. I know Monks can use them too, but they're more bare-handed focused.

Well the SV description said they were all about traps and snares to bleed their enemies.

So traps, bois.

The entire reason Survival is being reworked is because they BARELY have any core abilities to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Survival Hunters are masters of enduring in the wild, using traps and snares to bleed their enemies. With the Ancient-touched Talonclaw, Spear of the Wild Gods in hand, they can finish their foes with one final thrust.
    Directly from the Artifact page. Shredding of some sort apparently, traps will still be our "thang" and slices. Mongoose Bite, Raptor Strike and Counter-strike are all likely to make a resurgence. Likely a bleeding attack (as in the original original vanilla talent tree setup. Forget the abilities name). Those are all abilities we know may make a return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilraq View Post
    Mongoose Bite, Raptor Strike and Counter-strike are all likely to make a resurgence.
    Seems so. From the panel today, according to MMO-C (emphasis mine):

Survival Hunter - Melee spec with pet side by side, all of the old abilities are back and awesome.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.