Sub -- Do we know if it's best to use Vanish off CD or hold until SD/SR/Ring are up?

Basically, I see three scenarios involving Vanish:

1) Use Vanish off CD, regardless of any other factors (assuming it's actually appropriate given the current circumstances in the fight)

2) Hold Vanish while waiting for SD to come off CD

3) Only hold Vanish for a bit when SR+Ring are also coming off CD with SD, but otherwise use Vanish off CD.

Which of these scenarios nets us the largest DPS gain or is it so close it doesn't really matter? I often find my Vanish coming off CD when SD still has 10+ seconds left, sometimes more. I'd assume that it's worth holding Vanish when SD, SR, and the Ring are coming off CD, but is it worth saving for when it's only SD?

Deleted
    pop off cd unless sd is like.. 5-10 sec away

Deleted
    Someone actually ran some sims and according to him: It is ok safe vanish for up to 6 seconds when holding it for just Shadow Dance, and up to 12 seconds when holding it for SD+SR+ring.

I am too lazy to look for a source, it is probably buried somewhere in the replies of the Simcraft thread.

Actualy if you have 2p t18 bonus, you pop vanish, SR & SD on pull (vanish = 5cp -> SR -> rupt -> SD etc...)
    That way, vanish and SD share ~the same cooldown, use it on CD and both will be up whith SR.

The only moment you have to delay vanish for ~ 5-6 sec is every 5 mins when you use prep for a 2nd Vanish on burst.

Quote Originally Posted by shardee View Post
    Actualy if you have 2p t18 bonus, you pop vanish, SR & SD on pull (vanish = 5cp -> SR -> rupt -> SD etc...)
    That way, vanish and SD share ~the same cooldown, use it on CD and both will be up whith SR.
    They constantly don't line up after the first 2 dances, idk what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    pop off cd unless sd is like.. 5-10 sec away
    5 sec without ring .. 12 with it

Delaying is valable only if you don't loose a single vanish, else it is not.
    So for heroic runs it is good, but for most mythic bosses (depending on your raid dps tho), it's a dps loss to delay.
    You do not loose only 6 or 12s per delay, but also the -5s per finisher, do not forget this