Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Question to the stoners

I don't smoke pot. This video showed up in my youtube feed and I've gotta ask, what's so great about smoking marijuana? What is so great about coughing up a lung because you're holding in smoke for that long? You're essentially suffocating yourself to get high. Is it really that worth it?

Oh no. You've unleashed it.

But seriously, I have no idea, I've never done drugs like that before but the "experts" will show up soon to tell you in great depth why, before the topic gets locked most likely for discussing drug usage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know a single person who actually still lights that shit on fire to get high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suffocating really?

I prefer to eat it or vaporizer as Connal pointed out, i got an incurable lung illness and it can get bad. I rather be high and fun than in pain in bitter most of my life.
    Even when smoking recreationally, also if you can hold it down really long you are smoking bad product.

You know what also would be nice? That not every drug user that is a moron gets used as the template of your average user.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    This is like posting a video of someone chugging a bottle of absinth and then asking why people drink alcohol.

What I want to say, this is not how smoking weed normally goes.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I'm not a "stoner"
    But i've smoked in the past, and having a different state of mind is awesome.

I hate the whole stoner culture, if you want to go smoke pot good for you hope you enjoy it but to make it about who you are makes you view you as a loser, same way I view people getting trashed on alcohol.

Deleted
    uhm it's fun and you begin to act funny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can't smoke pot. When I do, I have terrible panic attacks. I here it's pretty common if you have or had some sort of anxiety issue.
    Get better company and learn to relax before smoking, not smoke to relax and you'll get used to doing it without going 'bad'.

lol "sufficating". yes I gladly sofficate on this cali bud.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I hate the whole stoner culture, if you want to go smoke pot good for you hope you enjoy it but to make it about who you are makes you view you as a loser, same way I view people getting trashed on alcohol.
    Agreed, I don't get high, I don't' smoke cigarettes, and I don't do alcohol. The not drinking alcohol part is further reinforced to me because I'm on Seroquel and I don't' want to die yet by mixing alcohol with bipolar medication. I also don't see much of a point in any of those three activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's fun? I'm not a stoner but I've smoked weed before. The feeling is just... interesting. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Because stoners make it a religion, and religious threads are forbidden on this forum.
    There are two noticeable groups of stoners.

The 420 blazeit errday crowd that never shuts up.

And everyone else who wants to punch those guys in the face.

most regular marijuana users are normal people who act like everyone else, and are not your stereotypical "stoner".

I suppose this question is a bit like pointing at someone who is throwing up because they drank a pint of spirits and asking why anyone would drink beer.

Mind you, as far as the "suffocating yourself to get high" goes - autoerotic asphyxiation, anyone?
    Last edited by ContentsMayVary; 2015-09-21 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am not exactly sure what "stoner" culture is, beside the funny movies made by Cheech and Chong.

But you would be surprised where weed pops up in Silicon Valley. ;P
    Stoner culture is what you're seeing in OP's video.
    Who the hell cares where weed pops up in Silicon Valley?

I've done done marijuana probably 10~ times in my life and I've never liked it. It drys out my eyes and throat. I just kind of zone out and listen to everyone else talk and I am not interested in anything, but I'm bored at the same time. It's horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it makes you feel good for awhile. Inb4 mentally weak that I can't enjoy myself without mind altering substances

As in, it does not really have anything to do with stoner culture.
    This just in, all walks of life smoke pot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not exactly sure what "stoner" culture is, beside the funny movies made by Cheech and Chong.

But you would be surprised where weed pops up in Silicon Valley. ;P
    People who are opposed to something based on moral reasons like to put a face on something, the worst the face is the happier they are in putting it on there.

Indeed a lot of people would be surprised how many smoke it and are completely normal often to the point you would never have guessed them using. Because it is not a big thing and it really doesn't get in your way of your daily activities if you treat it like everything else in your life, with moderation.