Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I just don't know why people can have respect and empathy for each other. "Don't be a dick" seems like it should be a fine way to go through life.
    For most of the right that's just asking too much. They have a god given right to be assholes and you can't call them out on it or else their feelings get hurt. These discussions always just go around in circles

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Don't listen to Algathor. Just keep gazing into the abyss, it'll all be fine...
    Ehhh either way works really. Just don't start to listen to the abyss or else you will end up on the news for stuff.

Seems to me that the push against SJW ideology is in place already.

Isn't that one of the reasons Trump is so popular right now?

The problem with this is the same as any movement or ideology. In general it's fine, but when taken to extreme it's awful, hypocritical, and inconsistent.

I don't care if it's SJW, religion, capitalism, etc. Taken too far it gets twisted into someone grotesque.

I just don't know why people can have respect and empathy for each other. "Don't be a dick" seems like it should be a fine way to go through life.
    The push against extremists shouldn't be fought with extremists in my opinion (Like the Trump crowd).

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    For most of the right that's just asking too much. They have a god given right to be assholes and you can't call them out on it or else their feelings get hurt. These discussions always just go around in circles
    I'm...not sure you're going by the correct definition of SJW either.

Because it's definitely not when you're telling someone to not actually be a dick (Dick being someone who's actually starting trouble, not harmless jokes/off the cuff/one off comments).
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-09-21 at 08:34 PM.

Translation from the OP. I don't like your views thus you are a SJW. SJW's are bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lava Bucket View Post
    OP, people on the left have the right to voice their opinions and fight for what they believe is right. If you don't agree, then you have the right to oppose them. May the best ideas win.

Don't you believe in Freedom of Speech? Are you afraid that your ideas are inferior?
    SJW can spew whatever crap they want.

It doesn't mean we have to listen to them and degrade our way of life with their insane ideas and double standards.

Can you imagine something like Donglegate being a thing 10 years ago? I don't think so. A woman so sensitive to a "dongle joke" would have been laughed at by everyone, other women included.

Honestly, I'm tired of the term SJW being tossed around as soon as somebody states an opinion. As soon as somebody says anything remotely progressive, opposes the state, or dares point out somebody doing something shitty. They get labelled as a SJW and vilified.

If it's bullshit, call it out. If somebody is being a hypocrite, call em out. If you just plain disagree with their viewpoint, call it out. But for the love of all that's sweet and tasty, stop tossing out this term as though it were a catch all for every single person whose viewpoint you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Honestly, I'm tired of the term SJW being tossed around as soon as somebody states an opinion. As soon as somebody says anything remotely progressive, opposes the state, or dares point out somebody doing something shitty. They get labelled as a SJW and vilified.

If it's bullshit, call it out. If somebody is being a hypocrite, call em out. If you just plain disagree with their viewpoint, call it out. But for the love of all that's sweet and tasty, stop tossing out this term as though it were a catch all for every single person whose viewpoint you don't like.
    It is my right as a merikan to be the biggest douchenozzle in the world without any repercussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    SJW can spew whatever crap they want.

It doesn't mean we have to listen to them and degrade our way of life with their insane ideas and double standards.

Can you imagine something like Donglegate being a thing 10 years ago? I don't think so. A woman so sensitive to a "dongle joke" would have been laughed at by everyone, other women included.
    And people like you can keep spewing your bull crap and throwing tantrums about being called out for your shitty actions. The nation will keep progressing with or without you.

It's time to say enough is enough. Liberals, if you want any of your concerns to ever be taken seriously again, stop associating with SJW. Stop giving a platform to the anti-western culture crowd that use "tolerance" as an excuse to hate white male Christians. Damn.
    You need strategy to win that war.

Don't drop your spaghetti: giving them ammo is a sure way to loose
    There is a "diplomatic" and "professional" way to tell illegals to fuck off.

Don't use their strategy and feel offended over words: you may become them when doing so
    They call Europeans "racist" and "neo-nazi"

When showing superior academic standing, don't simply claim they're ignorant.
    they don't understand either male or female nature.

Claim victory whenever possible. It proves you're unconcerned with the kerfuffle and that your way is superior. Like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Learning to be political correct will take you further in life, as it pretty much is just a synonym for being professional and diplomatic.

The kulturkampt is an spectator sport. You can take sides, of course. But directly engaging is an acknowledgement that they matter: it gives them credit.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-09-21 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't fight crazy. Just move on and laugh.

Seems to me that the push against SJW ideology is in place already.

Isn't that one of the reasons Trump is so popular right now?

The problem with this is the same as any movement or ideology. In general it's fine, but when taken to extreme it's awful, hypocritical, and inconsistent.

I don't care if it's SJW, religion, capitalism, etc. Taken too far it gets twisted into someone grotesque.

Trump's success as a troll candidate has been sort of startling. We can blame republican leadership for falling apart and offering nothing better, we can say that SJW rhetoric is being responded to in force, but I think he's a product of the trollish behavior fostered on the internet and various social media platforms. Rather than electing a messenger, people are electing a message, and that is really messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    It is my right as a merikan to be the biggest douchenozzle in the world without any repercussions!
    True. And it's my right as a Canadian to apologize for being a hoser, eh? How 'bout I give you some maple syrup and a box of Timbits and we go play some hockey?

Deleted
    And people like you can keep spewing your bull crap and throwing tantrums about being called out for your shitty actions. The nation will keep progressing with or without you.
    So you think people should be fired for telling a joke?

Because that makes for such a GREAT culture.

Deleted
    It will take around 5-10 more years until the general public understands what "SJWs" are. Then they'll end up like animal rights fanatics, where pretty much everyone knows that at the core there might have been good intentions but in the end they're just retards who like to stir up shit to feel good about themselves.

Edit: and in the same way they'll hold these "core values" back the same way. Good job btw.

Every six years... there not a new thing. I am old enough to remember the last moral panic in the 90's it will die down and things will go back to normal soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think people should be fired for telling a joke?

Because that makes for such a GREAT culture.
    I think people should think before they speak sometimes. Especially if the words that come out of your mouth are racist/misogynistic or just downright crude and uncalled for. Something something personal responsibility.

Deleted
    I think people should think before they speak sometimes. Especially if the words that come out of your mouth are racist/misogynistic or just downright crude and uncalled for. Something something personal responsibility.
    I think black actors shouldn't play bad guys in movies ever again, that's racist.

Deleted
    LOL... first of all the joke didn't concern the bitch.

Second, if "dongle" jokes offend you, go back to pre-school. Clearly you're not an adult (in mind anyway).

Deleted
    SJW (social justice warriors) are not troll. They are left-wing fanatics.

You said you stopped hating the world, but so far all you have posted in this thread is hatred towards conservatives. So is your hatred selective now or just more focused?