Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Well raiding to me is important but my fiancee is a lot more, and on a total whole different level. :P
    Would be very selfish of me telling her that I need my mon to thur nights free because I like playing a videogame. And more important, I wouldnt want to do that myself.
    I find it funny that some people here start yelling "clingy! clingy!" when they read something like this... I think they either dont know the real meaning of the word, or they have never really fallen in love for real. When two people love each other, they WANT to spend time together, they WANT to do things together. That doesnt mean they have to be toghether the whole time, everyone needs some personal space. But it's important that when you feel the need to be with your loved one, you can actually do it without limitations. I (luckily for me) have often this feel, if I cant do it now because she's gettin her PhD that's something I can understand and have patience to wait, but no way that I dont see her if i want one night because i have to raid, no way.
    That said, before some morons (not you Choloz :P) jump into the thread again, I'm perfectly aware that not everyone is like that, there are people that in their whole life are perfectly fine alone, they dont get married, dont have kids, and dont have any steady relationship and live alone and they are happy with that. I dont deny that and I'm totally fine with it as long as it's clear that these people are not really what we can common but a huge minority of the world.
    In my 10+ years of wow I raided with a lot of people, some quit because they got bored, but a lot had to stop because they really couldnt play as much anymore due to family/gf-bf. And when you're used to high end raiding, if you dont have the time for it anymore, it's hard to settle for something less and be casual.
    Wow high end raiding always, always required too much free time. I gotta say in the past was even worse (anyone who cleared vanilla naxx/tbc can remember how you would need to spend time raiding AND farming consumables to use in the raid.) than now, but the tight schedule is really impossible to handle for most people. Mythic/old hc players have always been a really small % of total population... and its not just because 95% of the people in this game sucks and cant do mythic. Indeed, a lot arent skilled enough, thats for sure, but thats not the only reason why mythic community is so small.
    Yep that's the thing.

Your gf/wife is likely to be understanding if you're spending some time at the gym or playing a sport. No doubt she wants you to be healthy and enjoys you having a fit body. On the other hand if your idea of fun is just sitting behind a computer screen for 4 nights of the week, most women would never stand for that. It's not what they signed up for when they think of a serious relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Not really sure where this thread came up from halted progression. Raiders in general spend probably less time playing then casuals at this point.
    Funny that you mention that. I was talking to my friend who doesn't raid on a schedule, just does LFR and is content. He plays pretty casually by just farming old achieves/mounts/pets. We did a comparison of our average hours played per week. Generally speaking I really only login to raid then log out 15-30 minutes after (usually just standing around talking to people, not actually playing). I do this 4 nights a week for a grand total of 12-14 hours all together. My friend told me he plays 2-3 hours each night and even longer sessions on the weekends. Who's the casual now right?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    doubt its a bait - if you have toons on high pop server you should see plenty of social/weaker guilds which are anywhere between 7-12 hc spaming for raiders.
    and hc archi is a very hard fight in group not consisting of mythic raiders. dps req alone are extremly strickt for guilds where majority parses below 50th percentiles.
    On Sargeras when I log onto my Alt. I see guilds still doing Normals via recruitment spams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Funny that you mention that. I was talking to my friend who doesn't raid on a schedule, just does LFR and is content. He plays pretty casually by just farming old achieves/mounts/pets. We did a comparison of our average hours played per week. Generally speaking I really only login to raid then log out 15-30 minutes after (usually just standing around talking to people, not actually playing). I do this 4 nights a week for a grand total of 12-14 hours all together. My friend told me he plays 2-3 hours each night and even longer sessions on the weekends. Who's the casual now right?
    Again, the problem with high end raiding isnt just the numbers (well, unless you are in a hardcore 5-6 days/week guild), its the schedule, the lack of flexibility. It's much better to play 20 hours whenever you feel like playing to lfr/farm, than to play 15hours but always 21-00.30 in the same 4 nights.

In the first case, free time activities (gf, sports, whatever) have the priority and you can just play WOW whenever you are free. In the latter case, you have to PLAN your extra time activities around your raiding time, because you cant change that. That's the problem, and the main reason you have very few people people overall (10mil subs had WOW, % of that raiding is really small) raiding. Because most people cant/will not put up with a schedule. One job is enough.

Sadly, there isnt really a way for Blizzard to fix this, which means raiding community will be smaller and smaller over time since the new players dont make up enough for the old players that grow up and cant really raid seriously once they find certain jobs and get in most relationships.
    Last edited by mmoc84fe02c5ed; 2015-10-27 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Im crying for xrealm im on my third guild this month trying to start where i left off at 5/13 mythic with no avail. Its truly a sorry state on my server but saying that even the busy servers are suffering from it and because of that its hardly owrth transferring servers to end up bouncing from guild to guild at my own expense pre-legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumflex View Post
    Im crying for xrealm im on my third guild this month trying to start where i left off at 5/13 mythic with no avail. Its truly a sorry state on my server but saying that even the busy servers are suffering from it and because of that its hardly owrth transferring servers to end up bouncing from guild to guild at my own expense pre-legion.
    SHould remove factions limitations in raids :P I mean, we have a lot of servers with an imbalanced population (some where horde is 4x times alliance, and some where you get opposite results). 2 factions were ok 11 years ago, but the game turned right away into a PVE game and would be better if everyone could raid with whoever, ally or horde.