Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That would be the most absolute dumbest thing to ban someone over. If that was the case you might as well report anyone who links the achievement, but didn't earn it on that toon while you are at it. Of all the things they should be banning players over this would be the dumbest.

I'd also like to see this so called blue post stating that.

First of all you have to know Blizzard keeps a log of all chat and basic activity. They know a raid leader had a group that asked an achievement and he was whispered from the other side of the continent by someone with a fake achievement. So, there is no gray area.

Now, "why". The why is that those people prove antisocial behavior. They basically announce to the world that they are willing to lie to whole groups in order to get what they want.

This is by definition antisocial behavior, I don't want it in the game, I don't want it near me, and it has nothing to do with raid groups that are honest about their goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't get me wrong I agree there that they put in the most effort but asking for an achi you yourself don't have for example is just asking to be carried by those who are possibly more experienced. (key word possibly in that)

That raid leader is honest, he does not lie, he is upfront. Also, he puts the work to form the group, to wait the most time until it fills up and he may organize it. Now, it's important that even if he organizes the 1st kill in a clumsy way he may go on to become exceptional on later kills and therefore be multiple times more helpful in the end.

At the end of the day, he is not a liar, he does not project antisocial behavior, he is upfront, and others can choose to follow or not.

It is completely different from a liar that wants to betray a group full of people in order to get what they want.

Ive always thought that asking for an achievement was petty. In a game where people are fighting for immersion, why restrict it to an achievement? As long as people dont show up in all PVP blues (and have gear atleast equal to task), I dont mind giving them a shot.. Ive actually found some really good players that now raid with us by simply giving them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    antisocial behavior
    antisocial behavior
    antisocial behavior
    What is it with you and "antisocial behavior"? Perhaps you think it means something else than it does.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post

That raid leader is honest, he does not lie, he is upfront. Also, he puts the work to form the group, to wait the most time until it fills up and he may organize it. Now, it's important that even if he organizes the 1st kill in a clumsy way he may go on to become exceptional on later kills and therefore be multiple times more helpful in the end.

At the end of the day, he is not a liar, he does not project antisocial behavior, he is upfront, and others can choose to follow or not.

It is completely different from a liar that wants to betray a group full of people in order to get what they want.
    You can't pug much if you don't think there are plenty of raid leaders who make groups with way higher gear requirements and experience than they have themselves, just to get carried.

Also what should a person who recently returned to the game do? I don't have to pug anymore, but when i returned in late December to play WoD after having skipped pandaria, getting into pugs was incredibly difficult, as i had no highmaul achievements, only reason i managed without faking achievements was because i had mythic geared friends who pugged with me.

You may say i could just link previous achivements, but honestly very few care about that, even if it's a gladiator title or heroic kills of older content. That's where faking achievements comes in handy, to help you get into groups and get the achievements yourself. It's not like you get into the best groups since those groups will check armory/logs, but at least it can hopefully be enough to get the achievements you need.

So if you hate people linking fake achievements when you're making a raid, just tell them to not whisper and that you are checking armory instead, rather than wasting time on reporting people for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    The addon is known and has been around for years. There's no need to advertise for it.