Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...logy_b-gdntech

We are currently in September, and we already have a dozen deaths and over a thousand injuries from selfie-related accidents. More people have actually died from taking a selfie than from shark attacks, and we are nearly at the point where camera phones are causing more deaths than people getting crushed by vending machines, college football, and even the fucking Sharknado from that Syfy movie.

This is both hilarious and disturbing.
    In a world of 7 billion people, this is absolutely minimum impact. I don't believe there is anything to be concerned with. I'm sure just as many people have died this year from tripping on their shoe laces.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Just natural selection doing its work.
    If you die while trying to take a selfie, then you are dumb and deserves what is coming ..

Wow 12 whole deaths.

30 chars
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

These deserve their own category in the Darwin awards, otherwise they would take up all the prizes :/.

Thats a pretty low number considering how many people take selfies

Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    Thats a pretty low number considering how many people take selfies
    The overwhelming majority doesn't make it past "embarrassing yourself", I believe in the bell curve .

This is pretty depressing to read. -.-

7+ Year Old Account
    Before there were selfies, people died trying to impress their friends who were physically present. The only thing that changed once selfies became a thing is that you now can take your audience everywhere you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Darwin at work... nothing to see here
    More like idiocy, because there is no biological explanation that can justify this shit.

Does that include those selfies taken in China when that habour blew up?
    Because there were quite a few where the people taking them had no chance of survival anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    More like idiocy, because there is no biological explanation that can justify this shit.
    Idiocy can be biological.
    /30 characters is too many
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

1 more and it will match the number of people that are killed each year by vending machines falling on them.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely feel bad for those that make a mistake and accidentally kill themselves over many of the selfish lot equally as mistaken who either take out or kill other people that didn't even have anything to do with it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Cell phones should be banned because they're all evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    1 more and it will match the number of people that are killed each year by vending machines falling on them.
    These are way more understandable, they usually involve your change and a chocolate bar.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who purposely put themselves in harms way