10+ Year Old Account
    The creepy house from the opening of classic Scooby Doo

Question Question about Super Smash Bros 3ds DLC

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could answer a question I have about Ssb4 DLC. My copy of SSB4 the 3ds was recently destroyed and is unusable, and I am replacing it. The question I have is this: Will I have to re-purchase all the DLC characters I bought, or are they saved to my Nintendo Account and not the actual copy of the game itself? Thanks in advance.

Wait, it's just the game that was destroyed?

I believe you should be fine then, DLC/Shop purchases are tied to the 3DS itself last time I heard (Despite the Nintendo ID)

If the system itself was destroyed, I believe you would of had to contact Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I believe you should be fine then, DLC/Shop purchases are tied to the 3DS itself last time I heard (Despite the Nintendo ID)

If the system itself was destroyed, I believe you would of had to contact Nintendo.
    This is correct. Nintendo uses this archaic system of linking DLC too the system itself for both the 3DS and the WiiU, rather than a login system like the PS3/4 or the Xbox360/ONE.

I really hope with the NX they start to embrace that style more, it would be nice to be able to upload my saves to a cloud storage and bring them over my friends and family's houses without having to lug my entire WiiU there..
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.