Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Difference between LoL and HotS?

From a person who was introduced to MOBAs by Heroes of the Storm, what should a player making a transition to LoL expect to find different/easier/etc?

More assholes due to that game being a cesspit. Sorry but truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play dota. That's how you do it.

Deleted
    Blizzard licensed content?

Mainly that but HotS also has the map objectives, mercenaries and mount. Is that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    2 obvious differences in game play are 1.) no item buying and 2.) no personal experience gains (the team levels as a whole, not just the individual).
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecisbeefy View Post
    Play dota. That's how you do it.
    Cyka Blyat?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    From a person who was introduced to MOBAs by Heroes of the Storm, what should a player making a transition to LoL expect to find different/easier/etc?
    HotS is way, way more casual. No creep farming, items, etc.

LoL is the mid tier of MOBAs on the "hardcore" scale. Creep farm, more things to know / pay attention to, etc.

DotA is the most hardcore.

All are essentially played the same way, just varying levels of depth and requirements of the player to succeed.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Glaring differences

1) All team mates have individual exp so everyone's level can vary and people
    That can get kills can get ahead and carry easier.

2) You buy items to increase your stats And other situational items like getting out of CC or giving an ally a shield.

3) You need to learn to last hit a minion (killing blow) to get gold in order to buy items.

4) The main roles consist of, 1 top laner, 1 mid laner, 1 jungle (farms the jungle camps then goes to lanes to
    Try help kill the enemy) and 2 on not lane consisting of a support (helps protect the adc and ward) and Adc, uses attack/physical damage to help carry the team and do
    Damage.

(Rank 1 in HotS) HotS is action-packed, teamfight-oriented and fast.

(Diamond in LoL) LoL is CS(Creep Score)-focused, solo-focused & slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Additionally, the action in HotS is extremely forcefully paced. At certain times, the given objective for the map spawns and people need to go fight it. LoL is far more loose in its timings. While there are important objectives, they become of relevance to the different teams at different times.

I want to like HotS but I find it very difficult. To me, the shallowness of gameplay ultimately leads to it getting stale very quickly. I understand their intention by leaving items out and focusing on talents. But talents don't feel as rewarding.

I suppose the other thing I find very frustrating is the gold grind, which feels staggering at times.

Perhaps this will change in the future, but right now the game is a little underwhelming.

LoL is the og of the oc, hots is just a copy.

I did the same, got tired of lol and playing hots. HOTS is much more action packed since level 1. It is also super casual no cs/no items its hard to solo carry. Expect a lot of 5vs5 battles. Games are shorter (max 25 mins). Also abilities are much more basic comparing to new LOL heroes. Usually basic skill shots stuns and some easy aoe. Ranking system is also super shallow. After you get rank 1 (any decent player can reach it) you get nothing. Overall atm i find HOTS much more enjoyable because of early fights since lvl 1. Though as esport lol and dota are much more developed and I dont think hots will get much popularity there (much worse players, no items so no hard carries by 1 player etc). Overall try it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

Riiiiiiiiiight.
    Ever heard of Aeon of Strife?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    er, what?

WC3 - dota mod says hurrroooo
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Cyka Blyat?
    dniwe ebanoe

HotS has a great ability to disable team chat. Also games are shorter. Also heroes are more fun to play than champions. Also spammable abilities. Also different maps to play on.

If you need someone to explain how two completely different games are different from each other - you should consult doctor or something, because differences are very obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smaller events have a far greater impact on the game. First blood in HOTS gives the raw experience of a few minions.. not really anything. The value from kills in HOTS involves removing enemies from being able to soak experience or gain objectives. League is focused entirely on those smaller events because thins like kills lead directly into greater performance down the road.

The other huge difference is the gap close point. In league, the point where it doesn't matter how many kils you have or how far ahead you are is really, really late into the game, when everyone has so much gold that a few extra thousand is meaningless. In hots, that point is a lot sooner. So you have a lot less time to close out a game with an early lead, which enforces the focus on objectives as opposed to individual play.

Deleted
    The main difference is that HOTS is fun for like a month before u get bored outta your mind, LoL on the other hand has alot of depht and tons of things to learn. I used to play HOTS quite abit when i had Alpha, the only thing that is kinda fun are the Heroes.

Another MOBA wich is really good is HoN, but the game kinda died out after it went out of beta wich is kinda sad, because i put like 3000+ of gamelpay into it.

Deleted
    Hots is a dumbed down version of LoL.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-10-11 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Hots is a dumbed down version of LoL.
    LoL is a dumbed down version of dota.

OT: They are different games. HoTS is more focused on objectives and less on personal performance and last hitting/farming.