Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    If you need help to prepare you're not the person they are looking for.

You don't even know if he applies for world first or world 200th so no reason for the passive-aggressive personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Instead of constantly being condescending and throwing passive-aggressive personal attacks, consider the possibility you don't know everything. Maybe the same way the world first guilds don't know everything. Maybe, just maybe, they don't have a magic ball that immediately tells them who is a good player and who is not and maybe, just maybe, they don't have everyone on their phone or pm.
    To someone who's just incredibly oversensitive and hypocritical like you, perhaps the unadulterated truth is "condescending and throwing passive-aggressive personal attacks".

If you aren't ready to apply to a top guild, then you simply aren't. I have given ample reasons why this is the case, and the only one being condescending and throwing around personal attacks is you.

You can't even explain why someone who lacks even the fundamental knowledge and experience to answer to a top guild's interview is somehow actually qualified to join one - instead, you are just here crying elitism and political correctness, citing your hurt feelings as though it is conclusive evidence to it.

What a joke.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    the unadulterated truth

The "truth" in your personal universe is that some guilds automatically know all good players in the game. That's by definition wrong. You can't twist it with more passive-aggressive personal attacks.

Let alone you implied that they don't even need applications. Like they have a crystal ball that will tell them who wants to switch.

It might be a joke then that some even instruct you how to apply.

You don't even know if he applies for world first or world 200th so no reason for the passive-aggressive personal attacks.
    It's not a personal attack to say that one lacks the skills required after an objective evaluation.

If you are honestly under the impression that telling a job applicant he doesn't have the experience, knowledge, skill, attitude or mindset required by the job is a personal attack, then you really need to step out into the world and develop your emotional and social intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

The "truth" in your personal universe is that some guilds automatically know all good players in the game. That's by definition wrong. You can't twist it with more passive-aggressive personal attacks.
    Oh look, a strawman already.

That just proves what I said earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Let alone you implied that they don't even need applications. Like they have a crystal ball that will tell them who wants to switch.

It might be a joke then that some even instruct you how to apply.
    Yeah sorry, because adding someone to btag for a casual chat to scout the situation is not a thing nowadays rofl, and existing btag friends in other realms and guilds don't exist.

Keep showing how blatantly ignorant you are of the recruitment trends in top guilds. Stay classy.

P.S. For someone who is so upset and mad about other people that they have to attack them for being so-called "all-knowing", you seem content to assume you are all-knowing enough to reject notions you think aren't true.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    a strawman

A strawman? You explicitly said the top guilds know who is good on their own. Unless you ninja edited it.

I didn't know Method had clairvoyants in their guild.

And maybe them asking for apps was a ruse.

- - - Updated - - -

For someone who is so upset and mad about other people

Excuse me, but take some time in front of the mirror. We had a rational discussion here. You battered in trying to imply everyone that applies to top guilds is worthless to be considered by them because they supposedly know who is a good player or not anyway.

A strawman? You explicitly said the top guilds know who is good on their own. Unless you ninja edited it.
    I said top players know each other for the most part. You can't raid in top 50 guilds in the same region and not have at least 1-2 people in the guild you are applying to not know who you are.

I didn't know Method had clairvoyants in their guild.

And maybe them asking for apps was a ruse.
    Right, and so your faulty conclusion is, just because Method, just like every other guild in existence, accept applications, means they are primarily recruiting via applications. I bet you are the kind of person who honestly believes that guilds are actively recruiting if they state they are accepting all exceptional applicants.

/slowclap

Definitely shows you are just talking out of ass and really more vested in political correctness and "politeness". By "politeness", I mean self-serving people trying to attack people for being rude when they are rude themselves, or even moreso. Your primary motivation here is your own ego and feelings, and not the actual truth of the matter - if you have to ask, you lack the skills, knowledge, experience and attitude involved.

Deleted
    Right, and so your faulty conclusion is, just because Method, just like every other guild in existence, accept applications, means they are primarily recruiting via applications.

Now we have a real strawman argument. Look at that example before accusing others of using that fallacy. Nobody told you Method knows nobody other than those applying, but you twisted it, a textbook case of the strawman argument.

You are the one that explicitly said people are wasting their time applying at all.

So kindly, follow your own advice and stop repeatedly using fallacies.

Excuse me, but take some time in front of the mirror. We had a rational discussion here. You battered in trying to imply everyone that applies to top guilds is worthless to be considered by them because they supposedly know who is a good player or not anyway.
    Pretty sure that will be you. The only thing you have said the entire time was how "condescending and passive-aggressive" I was.

Can you come up with an actual argument?

Now we have a real strawman argument. Look at that example before accusing others of using that fallacy. Nobody told you Method knows nobody other than those applying, but you twisted it, a textbook case of the strawman argument.

You are the one that explicitly said people are wasting their time applying at all.

So kindly, follow your own advice and stop repeatedly using fallacies.
    Funny, since I didn't claim the line in bold italics. Absolutely certain you hold no substance at all and are just here arguing out of emotion and selective memory.

How about this, why not you try forming a world top 50 guild purely via applications of people you don't know at all, and see how well that turns out. Uh, take your time while you are at it, it's okay if you take the rest of your life to do it(and even then).

When you can post with actual experience and knowledge instead of excerpts from your own little fantasy world, I will entertain you again in this thread. In the meantime, I will generously let you have the last word, since that's the thing you actually want, and not actually being correct.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-09-29 at 09:28 AM.

Deleted
    The only thing you have said the entire time was how "condescending and passive-aggressive" I was.

I don't think I should spend more of my personal time on you. My replies repeatedly talked of your faulty arguments such as your strawman arguments, your flawed undestanding of guilds recruitment and human nature in whole. You keep coming back with personal attacks and more strawman arguments, just as the one quoted.

You are frankly not interested in a discussion.

You seem mainly interested in venting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the OP's question has been answered and this is just bickering at this point. Locking it.