Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Gorefiend killed the other mythic guild on my server

So there have only ever been 2 mythic guilds on our server. We both were head to head 5/13 and stuck at Gorefiend. We eventually killed him and also learned that the other mythic guild broke up because they couldn't get it.

Thanks Gorefiend for ruining some good competition on the server.

If a guild quits over M Gorefiend they probably would have broken up pretty soon anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    now take their best players –> profit
    And this.

that sucks...

now take their best players –> profit

Deleted
    Well Teron Gorefiend is a very major character. So it's only natural for him crushing heroes.

Lets be fair here, guilds don't break up over bosses. Guilds break up over internal drama and issues. Our competition in Highmaul literally got Imperator 30 minutes after us for realm first, meaning their raid team was reasonably strong, yet internal issues and bad handling of some things caused them to disband. Now some of them raid with us instead, which was a win for us; but just because they disbanded on Blackhand doesn't mean Blackhand "killed them". Issues arise waay before the disband.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If a guild quits over M Gorefiend they probably would have broken up pretty soon anyways.

And this.
    As far as I know. The majority of their players already transferred off server or just quit the game overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Lets be fair here, guilds don't break up over bosses. Guilds break up over internal drama and issues. Our competition in Highmaul literally got Imperator 30 minutes after us for realm first, meaning their raid team was reasonably strong, yet internal issues and bad handling of some things caused them to disband. Now some of them raid with us instead, which was a win for us; but just because they disbanded on Blackhand doesn't mean Blackhand "killed them". Issues arise waay before the disband.
    In a sense, Gorefiend amplified those internal issues by being a frustrating boss.

Deleted
    The guild I'm idling on started wiping on gorefiend 2-3 weeks ago. The second week they started the existential crisis with guild messages of the day like "hold on guys, all our limits are tested, we must prevail". This week they got aggressive and they started giving negative dkps and talking down to people that fail.

They believe they can kill it next time.

They've gone 95% hp, 2min.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You make it sounds like he's some trivial boss, which they should easily crush instead of causing any drama. There's a reason some guilds bypassed him (perhaps temporarily) by getting a portal from a friend.

Add to this being on a small realm and things become much worse, as I assume it combines the usual boss frustration, recruitment issues and inability to bypass him since there's only one other guild on similar level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You make it sounds like he's some trivial boss, which they should easily crush instead of causing any drama. There's a reason some guilds bypassed him (perhaps temporarily) by getting a portal from a friend.

Add to this being on a small realm and things become much worse, as I assume it combines the usual boss frustration, recruitment issues and inability to bypass him since there's only one other guild on similar level.
    Not a trivial boss but you can look at almost any tier and point out a boss or two that fits the criteria of a challenging, brick-wall boss. If a guild can't handle hitting those walls and beating on them until they fall down, then they are going to break up or go through drama sooner or later. If the difficulty curve of HFC was better then maybe they'd be hitting that wall 9 or 10 bosses in instead of 6, but it still would have happened.

Deleted
    If it goes beyond 20 or 40 wipes without progress I would bypass it with the cheese tactic of having someone port you. I don't get stubbornness. If I were leading this I'd might just do it that way without even waiting for wipes with what I hear about it.

Besides, it's hard-core in itself to do cheap tricks like this. Exploiting all means at your disposal to get more progress is pretty hardcore. Stubbornness isn't.

it's an absolute joke now, so they should've just waited for the nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I used to follow some guilds closely - guilds I remember back in TBC etc, only one of them remains - this guild is like motherfucking good.. I looked them up the other day.. They are 11/13 mythic, and I was thinking, hmmm maybe they aren't as hardcore as before.. Then I found out how many guilds are 13/13.. Holy shit this raid tier is ridiculous. Btw the guild I am talking about is Tyranny US/NA

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    As far as I know. The majority of their players already transferred off server or just quit the game overall.

- - - Updated - - -

In a sense, Gorefiend amplified those internal issues by being a frustrating boss.
    OMG A HARD BOSS. Ever done HM 25man LK? How about Yogg 0? 25man Insanity? Algalon pre nerf? Muru? Sinestra? HM Rag? Stop qqing, this attitude has killed raiding.

And this.
    The funny part is A LOT of guilds are dying because of Gorefiend, not just a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar situation for our guild. However, as people have said, it's not just a boss that causes the disband, its a combination of the raid leader, the team, the unification (or lack thereof) in the officer group.

We however got Gorefiend the other week (pre-nerf) and cleanup up on Iskar and Socrethar. Zakuun soon to die as well. It's just (or was) that much of a blockade that when you get past it, the flood gates open.

In any raid groups there is always a proportion of players that are better than the others. The others aren't bad, they're just ok. Anytime you hit a wall these players are scrutinised more heavily and generally these players make up a good portion of the raid group. These then cause internal fights leading to gquits and then no raid group. It has happened with every tier of raiding in every expansion. These 'guild killers' test your raid group and is a good filter of the better players.

Deleted
    Just another escape goat to blame on whilst ignoring baseline problems or put any effort into fixing them. For majority of the guilds playing this game, raid progress is a marathon, not a sprint. Some people seem to fail to realise this thus causing problems to their guilds that really shouldn't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The funny part is A LOT of guilds are dying because of Gorefiend, not just a few.
    Mannoroth is also a good guild killer.

Just think about M'uru back in the days ....
    < Armory >
    Proud Hunter since Vanilla
    Progress raider since Burning Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I remember a few recent Heroic guild killers. Elegon, Spirit Kings, Garalon, pre-nerf Horridon, Dark Animus to name a few. Some fights were overtuned and others just stressed every aspect of the raid. Couldn't kill them with a weak crew. Special mention for watching people learn to drive on Heroic Amber Shaper : / I didn't envy 25 mans having to deal with that, it was a headache with 10

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I used to follow some guilds closely - guilds I remember back in TBC etc, only one of them remains - this guild is like motherfucking good.. I looked them up the other day.. They are 11/13 mythic, and I was thinking, hmmm maybe they aren't as hardcore as before.. Then I found out how many guilds are 13/13.. Holy shit this raid tier is ridiculous. Btw the guild I am talking about is Tyranny US/NA
    Thanks for sticking and contributing to the topic (It's M Gorefiend, btw).

On topic though, M Gorefined and other tactic/DPS check bosses not only test the player ability, but the commitment to the guild and the game in general. People who expect kills on such bosses below 50 wipes are either too good for their group or too clueless to understand.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2015-09-23 at 07:09 AM.