Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    It is a minority who are the problem, as with most causes.
    It isn't Feminism itself at fault, just like religion.
    But how it is used, as a means to an end.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Emh, you don't really want too tall people in the military, as being taller makes stuff harder. Special forces are mostly average height.
    Yes, you also don't want 500 lbs people in the military. Or cyborgs, but that's not what I was talking about. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Harsher sentencing for women? Removing selective service for men? What kind of service? And how is this equality?
    on average a woman will receive 60% less jail time - for the same crime and circumstances.
    Selective service is the draft - you still have it - Incidentally its the sole legal distinction allowed between men and women, making you literally a second class citizen.
    and its equality when men and women are treated the same, Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    on average a woman will receive 60% less jail time - for the same crime and circumstances.
    Selective service is the draft - you still have it - Incidentally its the sole legal distinction allowed between men and women, making you literally a second class citizen.
    and its equality when men and women are treated the same, Duh.
    Oh, so you mean equal sentencing for women, not harsher sentences than for men. I got confused there.

Men and women in military are not equal, though. People need to acknowledge the fact that it's all good and dandy to give equal rights to women when it's just about the work performance in a factor, office or whatever. But fun and games stop when lives are at stake. And that's what the military is about. It's not the place to fight for equality.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzon View Post
    Ugh this was meant to be a funny little side-track. If you actually read what I said you'd see that this data seems to hold true for car statistics the world over, I just happened to link one out of hundreds of studies in case someone asked for a source.

And for you and the other guy who can't seem to understand that the ANROWS infographic is not their own material, but the material of the Australian Bureau of Statistics, just take the information from any other site!
    Alright, I assumed you were well versed in this topic, but it appears you aren't. The Australian Government, its laws and policies on domestic violence are based on the duluth model of domestic violence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duluth_model). It is a framework developed by feminists in Duluth Minnesota in the 1980s for identifying and dealing with domestic violence through community involvement and changes to law enforcement policies. It suffers from a very fundamental and very important flaw. It began with the assumption that all domestic violence is perpetrated by men against women. It has been used the world over as a guideline for domestic violence response policies and the laws based in it fairly uniformly reflect the basic assumption of the model:
    The feminist theory underlying the Duluth Model is that men use violence within relationships to exercise power and control. This is illustrated by the "Power and Control Wheel," a graphic typically displayed as a poster in participating locations. According to the Duluth Model, "women and children are vulnerable to violence because of their unequal social, economic, and political status in society."
    That theory basically concludes that women who are violent towards men, other women, or their children, aren't a problem, and most followers of this theory basically assume that this type of violence does not exist.

Because Australia's domestic violence laws assume only men can be perpetrators of domestic violence, and the education programs on domestic violence for their law enforcement agencies begin with the assumption that men are always the perpetrator, a package of statistics that says "the vast major of domestic violence offenders are men" is a forgone conclusion. The police are trained to view the male as the aggressor in every single incident. That is why they don't report female aggression. That is why abusive women vanish from the statistics. We've started with the conclusion that men are the aggressors, trained the police to assume this outcome, and then used the results of training to say "yup, men are the aggressors". Its a rigged game, a foregone conclusion. Its not a conspiracy, but when you start with a sexist theory, you get sexist results. I know it comes from the government. I know its a study of law enforcement. The law enforcement policy comes from feminism. It swallows their premise whole and then concludes at the end that the premise was correct because they never tried to deviate from it.

Forgive my sarcasm and exasperation, but this is why I outlined the 3 indisputable facts earlier. To demonstrate that it doesn't matter where the data is posted, it is always the same. Because the source is the same, and it is statistically verified without bias.
    The bias is in the data itself, in the police work that underlines the crime statistics. The statics are assuredly a correct reflection of the police reports they are based on. I don't dispute that.

Sure. Here are the women... http://www.theguardian.com/global/ng...tralia-in-2015

The list has 62 women on it as it it's a few days out-of-date. Another woman was killed by her partner earlier this week.

I don't have statistics on the other points the way you've worded them would make it incredibly hard to get statistics on. You could explore the logic further by asking how many women, children etc have also committed suicide due to emotional abuse of partners and parents but you'd be in extremely muddy waters.

Your last sentence hints towards almost some kind of female conspiracy theory in which the the government is under a 'feminist influence'. I question your understanding of what feminism actually is with a statement like that. I say this in an absolutely respectful way, but feminism is not some kind of sisterhood of banshees that's out to get you and strip you of your manhood and rights, if that's what you are worried about.

Perhaps a better way to think about it is to imagine yourself with a daughter. Now, think about the kind of world you'd like for her to live in. Yes, there are fanatics and feminazis and cruel, hurtful women out there, you may have even been hurt by one yourself, and who knows, your own daughter might become one! But by and large, feminism has, and continues all of the time to make this world a better, safer place for our own mothers and daughters.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta get back to work so I'm off. Thanks for the discussion, guys. It would be interesting to get some female perspective, but quite honesty if I were a woman, I don't think I'd be reading a thread titled 'Modern Day Feminism is Toxic', so it's kind of understandable.
    Your link fails to prove an important part of your assertion: that no men have died due to domestic violence in Australia this year. Those women were murdered, I suspect if they are being linked publicly to domestic violence that their murderous partners have been apprehended and convicted of murder. The number is probably higher as there are likely some in progress murder investigations whose results cannot be published.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you that domestic violence is not a problem. It is a very serious problem that deserves all kinds of attention. It is not a gendered problem, but law enforcement the world over is treating it as a gendered problem because their response programs are based on a feminist initiatives that started with a premise of 'Men are aggressors, women are victims, forever and always, no exceptions'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    You'll appreciate this video I'm sure:

Well yes.

That's pretty much it.

Very good video, her point is simple: Feminism is not for equality.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-09-24 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted

But military fighting? Fuck no, keep them out of combat units. A battlefield is not the right place to prove that a 5"2 woman can climb the same obstacle that a 6"5 bloke can. Especially not when you have the enemy on your heels and bullets flying around.
    Bollocks, who do u think is less likely to get hit in fire exchange, 6''5 or 5''2? Being small also makes u more agile and it's actually preferred for certain fields, especially tank drivers. I remember well watching 6''5 MMO fighter Saleta having incredible problems to move or do anything inside a tank and everyone said it's cause he's too tall.

Way more important is physical conditioning, endurance, emotion control.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Weirdly (and do feel free to call me out on this), this is one of the things that bothers me the most about feminism.

I have met, I would say, a majority of girls in my life who are happier being, or at least aspiring to be, great mothers, and carers of young new humans, fantastic wives and mothers and family-oriented from the get-go.

I love these girls.

Honestly, they are the best women I have met, every time. They are good, and I mean morally good.

And they are vilified by feminism, constantly.

Maybe I'm white-knighting a little here, but so be it and so I will happily be damned.

I hate that feminism vilifies mothers.

You know what, feminists: fuck you.

Vilifying mothers makes you anti-humanity. It makes you inhuman.

And I just can't stand behind an ideology that vilifies women who just want to be great moms.
    You are far from alone in feeling this way, i'm right with you. Fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celechi View Post
    Bollocks, who do u think is less likely to get hit in fire exchange, 6''5 or 5''2? Being small also makes u more agile and it's actually preferred for certain fields, especially tank drivers. I remember well watching 6''5 MMO fighter Saleta having incredible problems to move or do anything inside a tank and everyone said it's cause he's too tall.

Way more important is physical conditioning, endurance, emotion control.
    You ever heard of ducking? Those 6"5 were just an example. Don't get hung up on a number. And who do you think, on average, has a better conditioning and endurance? I'll give you that women are just as good at emotion control, if not better... but that's about it.

Deleted
    You ever heard of ducking? Those 6"5 were just an example. Don't get hung up on a number. And who do you think, on average, has a better conditioning and endurance? I'll give you that women are just as good at emotion control, if not better... but that's about it.
    If im allowed to make biological arguments as to the nature of De jure equality, - then fine - But On every other subject, thats not cool, therefore not cool here too.