Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ok good to know it's not just me

As I just finished up progression last week this is pretty much exactly what I am looking for to share our ranking experiences.

Also keehn and Halûcinogen the numbers you guys can pull on some fights is really impressive.

Deleted
    Tyrant Velhari guide is being published now

The article on cheesing/parsing is pretty interesting, would love for those to become some sort of a weekly blog. For the last few weeks me and our mistweaver haven't even been using the leech trinkets just to do more HPS. More tips are always welcomed.

How do you guys get to regen mana outside of the stomach on M Gorefiend? 4 healing it without leech trinkets requires some steady throughput throughout that phase. Maybe our raid just takes too much unnecessary damage.

Deleted
    Nice to see my fellow shaman friends

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey Aht "pozdrav" to you too

Houselol i am so glad you liked my article, not sure how i could update it each week apart from letting you guys know how our farm went, if you really wish to check that out you can do it on warcraftlogs, just search for Enraged Revolution on Ragnaros EU ( cant post full links yet )

As far as it goes with Gorefiend i am burning my mana when i am in stomach ( HS spam on mobs ) and during feast phase ( heavy chain heal rotation ) , in other parts of fight i am rolling as many riptides as possible and keeping sure i dont chain heal if no need for it. It also depends how good people place dooms / spread on normal phases to reduce dmg taken on raid. About trinket choice i am not huge fan of leech trinket ( we have only mw monk using it in raid ) , personally i am running with Demonic Phylactery and Intuition's Gift on all bosses.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask em on our site we are answering there more frequently.

Deleted
    Its been a week, and we're so excited with all the responses we've gotten. Thank you so much for checking us out and supporting us!

We're happy to report that we've uploaded a bunch of new boss guides, shared UI's and made a (mythic) BiS list.

In the near future, you can expect from us: the Archi mythic guide and a trinket discussion.

If you have any question, be sure to ask them!

Deleted
    Left a comment on the BiS list page, but it's probably worth expanding it here.
    You seem to have just listed all items in a random order without any sorting criteria. Imo it will be easier to read the output of that spreadsheet if all the slots were sorted by a common value (either iLVL or Total Value). That will also allow you to avoid very common questions of "I have X item warforged socketed, should I use it as my offset piece instead of Y if Z."

Also you could go a bit further into your chosen stat weights, perhaps cross-linking back into information from your previous article

Great work so far!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-11-11 at 03:32 PM.

Stopping in to support the site. Looks good so far. Keep it up, has lots of potential in my eyes!

Looks pretty good, and with some great content!

I'd like to nitpick about something that did confuse me somewhat with the guides. First of all, I feel like the icon usage is all over the place. I'm liking the links showing the tooltips of spells, but I would probably restrict the icons to boss abilities alone. I was reading the Mannoroth guide specifically, and it kind of interrupts the flow of reading when each sentence has 2-3 icons.

Secondly, the quotes from the authors kind of stick out a bit, in a weird way. Since I work with web stuff all day long I couldn't resist spinning up a 5min idea of how it could look like.

https://jsfiddle.net/yxypp0o4/20/

I'll definitely keep this site around when Legion is coming up, much easier to find the relevant stuff for me as a Resto when it's all in one place.

Keep it up!

Above post has good feedback, I agree that the formatting and layout could be improved a little, author comments, etc.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback guys! It is a learning process for us. We find ourselves having to deal with a bunch of different disciplines. Thanks for the suggestion on the quotes. I'll look into integrating that in one form or another.

This looks really great, excited for it's future.

This site looks really cool! Thanks for sharing

Can't seem to register, because I do not receive an email to confirm my account creation. Anyways, love the site!

Edit: Nvm, I am dumb. Went to my spam folder for some reason

Deleted
    Glad you found it ! In case someone struggles with stuff like this.. you can always get in touch with us quickly on Twitter.

I really enjoy how you are being active, and responding to pretty much everything on there. I would love to see this site grow.

Deleted
    Thanks for the bumb razor .

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Awesome project.

ever considered to make this a bigger project to satisfy the whole healing community including all classes? Single Class/Spec Projects are cool, but something about the whole role and healing meta is what I'm really missing. Because what you do in the end is an interactive team effort, right?
    Seconded. Well, n-thed, but you get the idea

Regarding the stat weights you've got in the BiS section of the site, it would probably be good to update them to some that have supporting theorycrafting behind them, as well as providing the relevant theorycrafting itself. I say this because I can see that the numbers have the same issues that were recently addressed for Holy Paladins; namely, the Spell Power weight being too high (should be ~0.907 relative to Intellect) and the weights for the various secondaries being too low.
    For example, the raw healing weight for Versatility (neglecting the damage reduction component) relative to Intellect at 0 Versatility rating and 10000 Spell Power should be [1/(13000*1.03)]/[(1.05)2(1.1)/10000] = ~0.616, which is roughly double the 0.3 that's currently on the site. Similarly, at 15% raid-buffed Multistrike and 10000 Spell Power, Multistrike's normalised raw healing weight would be [(0.6)/(6600*1.15)]/[(1.05)2(1.1)/10000] = ~0.652, which is roughly 45% greater than the 0.45 that's currently on the site (assuming Multistrike has no unusual spell interactions for Restoration Shamans).

While a BiS list formulated on the basis of a stat priority certainly does well enough, especially in a world without reforging, stat weights themselves are best developed on an analytical model.
    Oh yeah, look at it go! Roll out the barrel; feel it in your bones!
    6.2 Healing Priest Spreadsheets; Legion Holy Priest Rotation Calculator (WiP)

I developed the following model a while back, to calculate the increase of healing, in percentages, of 50 secondary stats:

Secondary stats to percentages conversion:

50 crit gem: 0.455% crit
    50 haste gem: 0.555% haste
    50 versatility gem: 0.385% versatility -- not counting the damage reduction benefits, only the healing
    50 mastery gem: 1.364% * 1.05 = 1.432% mastery
    50 multistrike gem: 0.758%

It's interesting that the benefit of each secondary stat diminishes the more base stat we have according to:

crit: 0.455 / (1+c)
    haste: 0.555 / (1+h)
    versatility: 0.385 / (1+v)
    multistrike: 0.6 * 0.758 / (1+ms) = 0.455 / (1+ms)
    mastery: 1.432 * (1-hp) / (1+(1-hp) * m)

Where:

c is the character crit percentage divided by 100
    h is the character haste percentage divided by 100
    v is the character versatility percentage divided by 100
    ms is the character multistrike percentage divided by 100
    m is the character mastery percentage divided by 100
    hp is the target hp ratio. For example for a target at 25% hp, hp = 0.25.

Example with my current numbers (raid buffed):

50 spellpower at 9700 spellpower is (50*1.1/9700) = 0.5670%
    50 intellect at 9500 spellpower is (50*1.05*1.1/9500) = 0.5954%
    crit (14.78%): 0.455 / 1.1478 = 0.3964%
    haste (25.92%): 0.555 / 1.2592 = 0.4407%
    versatility (3.00%) 0.385 / 1.300 = 0.2962%
    multistrike (15.21%): 0.455 / 1.1521 = 0.3949%
    mastery (120%) for target near death at 0% HP: 1.432 / (1+1.2) = 0.6509%
    mastery (120%) for target at 25% HP: 0.75*1.432/(1+0.75*1.2) = 0.5652%
    mastery (120%) for target at 50% HP: 0.5*1.432/(1+0.5*1.2) = 0.4475%
    mastery (120%) for a target at 75% HP: 0.25*1.432/(1+0.25*1.2) = 0.2754%

I'd also recommend the addon pawn (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pawn). It supports custom stats weights, so we can plug the above numbers and then the tooltip of each gear does the math automatically and shows how much of an upgrade the piece is according to our selected stats. This is the current "pawn" profile I use, which is based on the above numbers multiplied by 100 as the "weights":

( Pawn: v1: "resto": IsOffHand=-1000000, CritRating=39.64, IsWand=-1000000, Versatility=29.62, HasteRating=44.07, MasteryRating=55.69, IsCrossbow=-1000000, IsPolearm=-1000000, IsGun=-1000000, IsBow=-1000000, IsSword=-1000000, Intellect=59.54, Multistrike=39.49, Is2HSword=-1000000, SpellPower=56.7, Spirit=30, IsPlate=-1000000 )

The value of spirit is harder to model as it depends so much on the encounter, other healers, the casting patterns, etc. The above profile has "0.3%" but this is pretty much arbitrary.