Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most amazing video game cities

Fantasy cities can be pretty amazing, and for me they are one of the most attractive things of a rpg .. you gotta have amazing looking cities..

so, the video game database is a huge one, which are the most amazing in-game cities you've ever seen? Pls post screenshots if you can, and you can also post concept arts - especially for older games who aren't able to match the graphical fidelity of the more recent ones.#

Finally if the in-game version doesn't do it justice, put a picture of the cinematic trailer version, anything that inspires a sense of wonder.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2015-09-23 at 02:29 PM.

The citadel from mass effect clearly is gona be a popular one.

rapture from bioshock.

Columbia from bioshock infinite

High Charity halo 2

Last edited by minteK917; 2015-09-23 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the best cities that comes to my mind is Athkatla in Baldurs Gate 2. Not because it looked so pretty, mind, but because it was so full of interesting stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm..

From mafia 1 was pretty nice.

But my favorite one would be this:

Or alien city from MDK 2 mission:
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/NqAznhX5L6I/maxresdefault.jpg

And lets not forget half life:
    http://cdn.psfk.com/wp-content/uploa...5541714452.jpg
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Technically its really super small but after you get through blight town, undead burg and so on you walk down a set of stairs, see this and just stop. Anor Londo has great story, looks cool and is even more interesting when you find out the secrets behind it -If you 'kill' the goddess Gywnevere she is revealed to have never been real but part of her brother Gwyndolines illusions. The City of Anor londo is a ghost town, long abandoned and kept under the illusion of this sunny city full of mighty guards waiting for their king to return but its really a sunless nighttime tomb stalked by a few crazy people and a lone god left behind hoping his dad comes back if he makes it look like things were kept in oder. If you never attack Gwyneveres' illusion however you will never even know

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean explorable cities?

Or just what Ouch did, cities that look cool, but you can't explore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Do you mean explorable cities?

Or just what Ouch did, cities that look cool, but you can't explore them.
    His first sentences says amazing looking cities, then goes to say to post artwork of older ones. Its what i took his post for. To be fair both bioshock cities are pretty explorable.

Deleted
    I think a lot of the cities in GW2 are almost breathtakingly beautiful.

Imperial City was pretty cool. I like all the cities in Oblivion.

I also liked Vivec from Morrowind.

It's not the most spectacular or beautiful but it was nice at that time.

Heroes of Might and Magic: Heroes 3 had a really fantastic looking city-view.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    Imperial City was pretty cool. I like all the cities in Oblivion.

I also liked Vivec from Morrowind.

-snip

It's not the most spectacular or beautiful but it was nice at that time.
    Pretty on the outside, an absolute nightmare to navigate on the inside. The hours I wasted trying to find things in Vivec are lost for me forever! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in game yet but.....

Among those that are currently explorable I'd say it's hard to beat the sheer awesome that was entering Ironforge my first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account

How could you not love it?

Blackreach is also a pretty amazing city.
    Last edited by Mustardisbad; 2015-09-23 at 03:25 PM.

Witcher 3's Novigrad.

Such an incredible city that felt so alive and full of actual people inhabiting it. Sure, San Andreas is great, but it doesn't really feel like all the folks actually live there. They just spawn in cars and on the sidewalks, just off screen, and there really isn't as many of them even then as there should be.

I actually got lost for hours in Novigrad. I would find myself just wandering around, without even a real destination, and still stumbling upon parts of it I hadn't seen. I'm still pretty sure I haven't seen all of it.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2015-09-23 at 03:27 PM.

Rapture and Imperial City.

Not at home, but Markarth in Skyrim is amazing. All that dwemer architecture mixed with sheer cliffs and water, and the jarl has his own waterfall in his chambers. Not to mention an ancient city in its depths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was very impressed with Rabanastre from Final Fantasy 12 when I saw it. It was actually a large city that was mostly explorable, and wasn't just a "inn here, shops here" trope. Plus it still remains as one of the best games visually that I've played. http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...abanastre4.jpg

Archades looked great on paper, but you didn't get to see enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Not in game yet but.....

Among those that are currently explorable I'd say it's hard to beat the sheer awesome that was entering Ironforge my first time.
    woah, where is that city? when's it out? is it EoS?