Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

#BlackLivesMatter Activists Denounce Racist ‘Nooses’ That Were Actually Lantern Hange

One day after #BlackLivesMatter activists called attention to “nooses” that were found on the University of Delaware, the university informed students that they were actually just wire hangers for paper lanterns.

On Monday, there had been a #BlackLivesMatter protest against guest speaker and conservative activist Katie Pavlich. But on Tuesday, the “nooses” were found near the protest site, earning coverage from outlets like MSNBC and online activists like Shaun King.

Nooses hung up on the University of Delaware (@UDelaware) campus the day after a #BlackLivesMatter rally. America. pic.twitter.com/M7jxSsXHQw
    — Shaun King (@ShaunKing) September 23, 2015

Clarence Whorley ‎@ClarenceWhorley
    For the 15,698,326 time @ShaunKing was wrong

At first the university was supportive, declaring the “nooses” a hate crime that they planned to investigate. But a day later, they announced that an investigation found that they were just paper lantern hangers left over from a previous event.

Activists refused to believe the revelation, telling Delaware’s News Journal that the investigation was “a cover-up.” One community organizer called the official story “just too inconsistent, I don’t believe that at all… C’mon, there’s never really been a lantern that big.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/black...ntern-hangers/

Nooses’ spotted at Univ. of Del. after Katie Pavlich’s speech disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter protest [photos]; Update: Not a hate crime. Hooks were for paper lanterns

http://twitchy.com/2015/09/23/nooses...rotest-photos/
    BUSTED: Shaun King deletes tweet on the fake nooses at the University of Delaware [screenshot]
    http://twitchy.com/2015/09/23/busted...re-screenshot/
    When will Univ. of Del. president apologize for jumping to conclusions and calling the fake nooses a ‘racist display’?
    http://twitchy.com/2015/09/23/when-w...acist-display/
    SJWs strike again always seeing racism in anything and everything. must be a miserable existence to believe everything is racist
    Just another example how a bias makes you believe and see things in a predetermined, a preconceived way and ignore all other possibilities
    they wanted to see a noose there for it was a noose to reinforce their false narrative that we have a racism epidemic in this country
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-09-23 at 07:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm outraged by your outrage over their outrage.

Deleted
    Woowooo Its PC for me wooowooo

And you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Woowooo Its PC for me wooowooo

And you.
    That South Park episode was too good.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Black lives matter is a racial motivated terrorist group.
    /end

Yay, let's ignore that we have a problem with racism because something stupid happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Bucket View Post
    I'm outraged by your outrage over their outrage.
    not outrages just humored and making a point

10+ Year Old Account
    BLM emotional retards overreacting and crying racism any chance they get, how new and refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yay, let's ignore that we have a problem with racism because something stupid happened.
    and do you think it helps the cause of combating the few true examples of racism we have by getting all outraged and making a spectacle of the ones that turned out to be fake
    ever heard the story about the boy that cried wolf
    if you want to draw attention to racism what you are drawing attention to better be true racism
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-09-23 at 05:21 PM.

Your head must be seriously fucked up if it fits through that noose.

They don't look like nooses. /30chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Black lives matter is a racial motivated terrorist group.
    /end
    Typing /end or /thread on your own post is kind of like giving yourself a high-five.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and do you think it helps the cause of combating the few true examples of racism we have by getting all outraged and making a spectacle of the ones that turned out to be fake
    if you want to draw attention to racism what you are drawing attention to better be true racism
    They are looking desperately for racism that fits a narrative.

It recalls me of the fake UVA or Duke Lacrosse rape cases. Certain people and their narratives desperately need a specific kind of story to be true. For BLM, there is a certain psychological investment in believing colleges are uniquely racist places filled with evil white frat boys whom are super mega racist and the cause of all racism. They need that to be the real enemy.

I agree that we should stop worrying about stupid shit and focus on real racism. I disagree with your attempt to trivialize it with the statement "few true examples".
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    They don't look like nooses. /30chars
    to an SJW they sure did because they wanted to see nooses because it reinforced their narrative if they were

#paperlanternsmatter

Really? I. Just baffled by this, I guess when you run out of material you have to create controversy where there never was any.....

AND THIS IS WHY I OWN A GUN LIVE IN THE WOODS AND AM RACIST AS SHIT. sorry for the caps but on the serious note im so sick of #blacklivesmatter what about #bussinessownersbussinesses or #weburntdownbaltimor give it a break you people have more freedom than half the world and who gives a shit what others think if you didnt act like frigging retards every chance you got then it may be different look at the way you dress look at how you talk i mean who the fuck says he sleep isent they are asleep or they are sleeping or he/she is sleeping not he sleep ebonics FTW right im so glad that got shutdown by us racist whites also i had a idea lets take 50 blacks and 50 whites put them in the middle of nowheres with the basic tools to build and i bet in 50yrs the whites would have a small functioning city and the blacks would be at the gates begging for stuff while there area is a cespool of rot lazy people and stupid people blame us the whites for their problems and INB4 BANNED

I agree that we should stop worrying about stupid shit and focus on real racism. I disagree with your attempt to trivialize it with the statement "few true examples".
    just like the example of the nooses. they wanted to see nooses because it reinforced their narrative
    you want to see the epidemic of racism there for you see things that are racist which are not you have a predetermined bias

I can list more things that are fake cases of racism on college campuses here lately then you can list real cases of racism
    just like the black college student that hung up white only and black only signs outside bathrooms on campus. she claimed it was for an art project after all the outrage over the signs
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-09-23 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific420 View Post
    AND THIS IS WHY I OWN A GUN LIVE IN THE WOODS AND AM RACIST AS SHIT. sorry for the caps but on the serious note im so sick of #blacklivesmatter what about #bussinessownersbussinesses or #weburntdownbaltimor give it a break you people have more freedom than half the world and who gives a shit what others think if you didnt act like frigging retards every chance you got then it may be different look at the way you dress look at how you talk i mean who the fuck says he sleep isent they are asleep or they are sleeping or he/she is sleeping not he sleep ebonics FTW right im so glad that got shutdown by us racist whites also i had a idea lets take 50 blacks and 50 whites put them in the middle of nowheres with the basic tools to build and i bet in 50yrs the whites would have a small functioning city and the blacks would be at the gates begging for stuff while there area is a cespool of rot lazy people and stupid people blame us the whites for their problems and INB4 BANNED
    For someone who complains about the way black people talk, you sure did a lot of violence to the English language with this paragraph.

- - - Updated - - -

just like the example of the nooses. they wanted to see nooses because it reinforced their narrative
    you want to see the epidemic of racism there for you see things that are racist which are not you have a predetermined bias
    Jesus Christ. I don't want to see an epidemic of racism. I want to see it go away. But that doesn't happen by just covering your eyes.

Jesus Christ. I don't want to see an epidemic of racism. I want to see it go away. But that doesn't happen by just covering your eyes.
    yes you do because it reinforce your narrative there is an epidemic of racism which makes you see racism in things that are not just like those so called nooses