Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Or we just dont want to be forced to make sacrifices and inconvenience and disrupt our life. Much like water and electricity, we like to take the path of least resistance
    When you destroy the very environment that you require for survival, you are in essence forcing yourself to make sacrifices, to inconvenience and disrupt your and your children's lives down the road.

Furthermore your argument is nonsensical, because often you have a to make a conscious and focused effort to be stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or we just dont want to be forced to make sacrifices and inconvenience and disrupt our life. Much like water and electricity, we like to take the path of least resistance
    Yes, because we don't count little consequences. But that doesn't mean they don't exist. And with enough little consequences, they add up to one hell of a big consequence.

I could have sworn Orlong made a thread bitching about Californian cities charging 10 cents for a plastic bag like that personally affected him. and now he's acting the same but it's in new york, hmmmm wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Yeah...the path of least resistance to 6000 calories in a single order.

Must be inconvenient to move that wide load for a second Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Polystyrene *can* be recycled, but if it isn't, it doesn't degrade. In addition, there are plenty of acceptable alternatives for all applications. Ban was fine.
    what alternative paper? sure lets cut down more trees

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Sure. More sustainable than polystyrene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I could have sworn Orlong made a thread bitching about Californian cities charging 10 cents for a plastic bag like that personally affected him. and now he's acting the same but it's in new york, hmmmm wonder why.
    Because laws made by the environmental hippies in California and NY often infect the rest of the country down the road

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of trees used in paper are planted specifically for that purpose. But as Orlong says, "taxes are theft, unless they go to externalize the disposal cost of my burger wrapper".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Tress are constantly replanted to make paper. If they werent, we wouldve been out of trees long ago

Because laws made by the environmental hippies in California and NY often infect the rest of the country down the road
    oh, that's what it is. I'm not even going to comment beyond how in the context of this thread the irony of this post is deadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    oh, that's what it is. I'm not even going to comment beyond how in the context of this thread the irony of this post is deadly.
    I think we should give Orlong his own country. We'll put it far away, and let him do with it as we please. Once he's rendered it a desolate wasteland, devoid of any life, we can come back and rehabilitate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think we should give Orlong his own country. We'll put it far away, and let him do with it as we please. Once he's rendered it a desolate wasteland, devoid of any life, we can come back and rehabilitate it.
    no I feel like he is perfectly content where he is, laying waste elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    If it weren't for some "environmental hippies" making Nixon (a Republican) sign the Clean Air Act, you might still be breathing the smog in LA and NY like it used to be. I know, I've seen it and it sucked.

Manhattan skyline enveloped in heavy smog, May 1973

Los Angeles in heavy smog, September 1973

Tress are constantly replanted to make paper. If they werent, we wouldve been out of trees long ago
    Deforestation still happens for consumer products. But paper is most often recycled and easy to do so - that's why we haven't run out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure if they bury it. I wont see it
    By that logic, starting this thread is pointless, because you'd never have been in NY to see the ban either.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't impact any other state until overturned. Although, I do enjoy your arguments against state rights...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Wow, the judge used Orlogic here. That it can be recycled cost effectively is 99% irrelevant because the issue is that people don't recycle anyway, hence the ban in the first place. The judge overturned it on the basis that it's not needed to solve a problem it wasn't designed to solve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I've fixed the poison slime pipes!
    Is it sad every time i read Good news everyone! i read it in that voice and think of that line too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!