Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Women, gay men being creepy about touch / personal space

I don't know how common the fear is, but it is fairly common for gay men to feel they don't have to respect some touch and personal space preferences, because to then it's not predatory because they're not attracted to your gender. The basis for the fear is real.

Do you think it's common to feel this way for women?

I'm not gay or female but I don't always like being touched by random people either.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Please describe a bit more what you mean, I'm not sure I understood you correctly.

I have to say, I've never seen this phenomena you're describing, though I'm also not 100% sure I even get what you're talking about.

Deleted
    I dont accually think gay guys in general are more touchy, none of the ones i know does that.

Stereotype hyped from the gay men who gets attention in media.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it pertains to your sexuality or gender but yeah some people are like that. I don't like it when other males try to hug me, especially my brother in-laws. On a Saturday night in the city drinking with mates, I was walking down the street and some druggie bitch poked me in the back so hard in the kidney i thought i was stabbed. As a reflex action I turned around and knocked her the fuck out.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think are you asking a woman, if she feels that having a gay man either be very close(intimate close) in her space or just likes to hug you or etc in someway makes her feel uncomfortable? And she feels like the man is still interested in her but is gay so why? and if so is it common?

I think that is what you meant to ask anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    I don't know how common the fear is, but it is fairly common for gay men to feel they don't have to respect some touch and personal space preferences, because to then it's not predatory because they're not attracted to your gender. The basis for the fear is real.

errr. speaking as a gay man I find your generalisations pretty damm offensive. Gay men are not more likely to be touchy feely than other men.

Stop thinking in stereotypes.

I don't understand this question.

In my experience homosexual men do not behave in the bizarre way you are describing. I don't even know how to treat this topic.

Deleted
    Sounds more like either a form of autism or perhaps just bad experiences in the past?

Deleted
    I don't know if I understand your question correctly, are you saying that gay men and woman don't care about personal space and will rub against other people without a care in the world ?

If that's what you are saying then I think it's the complete opposite. Straight men are the worst culprits for invading personal space, they feel the need to dominate the area around them by spreading their legs as far open as possible, raise their arms and cross them so their elbows are sticking out. It pisses me of to no end, especially on public transport, just do us all a favour and make yourself as scarce as possible, in other words - close your damn legs!

Or are you saying that if you are not attracted to the opposite gender then you have an aversion to making contact with the other person?

I really don't know what the OP is on about. I ranted anyway so mission accomplished.

Didn't you know, gay men have the rights to be touchy after the "Reachable Boob Act".

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh...I'm gay and I am nothing like what you described.
    In fact I'm rather reserved and I'm not big on receiving those types of affection myself.
    That's a pretty unfounded generalization you have there,
    I'd recommend not buying into the stereotypes you see for gay men all over the media.

Never had that problem, although the gay men I have met weren't flamboyant

Gay guys sexually harass straight men all the time. Report that shit in the work place and they make you look like the bigot who victimized them for doing what gay guys do, with the discrimination card.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Gay guys sexually harass straight men all the time. Report that shit in the work place and they make you look like the bigot who victimized them for doing what gay guys do, with the discrimination card.
    Oh, so you're not the bigot, but theyre victimized for "doing what gay guys do"? What exactly is it that gay guys do, since you seem to be such an expert?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Thank you for making me exhale a bit more than usual. I have yet to meet such a gay man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't experienced this. However, I would think that more touch in interactions is a good thing, because it makes it more personal. In certain cultures it's the norm (ex, Spain). Not wanting to be touched is an outcome of a generally more antisocial/individualistic society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some women are hyper sensitive about being touched by a man in a public setting, even when its a gay man, because thats just them and there personal habits. I've even know some lesbian women who dislike men being around them gay or straight, and honestly I think it just comes from life experience and things that might have happened to them developing their view of the other sex.

Men can be equally as sensitive as women in this regard, and feel unconformable around the other sex, just as they can feel sensitive around their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the five gay people I know, only one is like that. But he is also the most generally obnoxious person I've met.

The others act like the fucking adults they are.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P