Poll: Which Assassin's Creed is your favorite?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Favorite Assassin's Creed?

Only games from the main series are included in the poll.

Assassin's Creed has received a lot of flak over the past 3-4 years for many reasons, but perhaps most notably for "not innovating enough on the gameplay" and for "becoming a yearly release" (which wouldn't inherently be a bad thing but there seems to be some sort of stigma about it?).

But with that said, I've always loved the Assassin's Creed series for their historical settings if not for anything else, and I'll be the first in this thread to admit that I'm looking forward to exploring 19th century England in Syndicate. (I suppose I should also admit that I didn't play the previous two games in the series at all, but that was mostly because of the pricing).

With these games, I've always felt myself completely immersed in both the era and location the games have offered, and there's just something magical about that. The combat might be a bit monotonous and the story unreasonably complex and confusing at times, but eh, I like 'em nonetheless.

I included the text above for no other reason except to hopefully prevent any flame wars from happening, though I should hope that the games haven't become quite that hated. In fact, I might be misreading a bit into just how much (or little) hate there actually is. Negativity tends to stick out more than the good stuff.

But, onto the actual question! Which Assassin's Creed is your favorite?
    Last edited by ercarp; 2015-09-24 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brotherhood improved on basically everything from 2, which is another favorite of mine. So I must say brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Brotherhood improved on basically everything from 2, which is another favorite of mine. So I must say brotherhood.
    yep, same choice here

Deleted
    Black flag if you count the whole game, and after that I liked the ones the with the Borgias the most I guess, story wise atleast.

Black Flag.

I liked 1 and 2, I sort of enjoyed Brotherhood, Revelations and 3, but I didn't love an Assassin's Creed game until 4.

Deleted
    I would have to say that Shadow of Mordor is my favorite Assassin's Creed.

AC2.
    Revelations is a close 2nd.

I enjoyed Black Flag, but the story was pretty meh and the ship gameplay got boring quick.

Watch_Dogs isn't on your list. According to MatPat it should be. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSWjN6n_UQ]

But in all seriousness, I liked black flag a lot. Took me a bit to get into the sailing part of it but once I did I had a lot of fun sinking ships.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Brotherhood has the most fond moments I can recall. Building up your Assassin's Guild and being able to use them was one of the reasons this one resonated the most with me.

Should of listed Liberation instead of Syndicate, if you ran out of spots on the poll. Overall, Brotherhood is my favorite followed by Black Flag which is slightly better than AC3. Most people hate AC3 because of the protagonist and story, but the main thing I love about AC games is the beautiful open-world environments. I've only played less than an hour of Unity, and haven't played Syndicate or Rogue, so they aren't a part of my rankings.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2015-09-24 at 10:06 PM.

mechanics wise, I would have to say unity(worst story tho). but overall I think black flag is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRAZY close call between Brotherhood and Black Flag.

In the end I went for Black Flag, because as much as I loved Brotherhood, by the time you had all your peons, every mission could just be solved by crouching on a roof and sending them in...

Plus Black Flag managed the holy grail of gaming... Underwater levels that weren't total assgravy.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

2 and Brohood, close.

Brotherhood had cooler weapons and armor but AC2 has the better story and locations.

I feel like having Brohood in Rome only sort of weakened it. It was amazing how each town had a different feel in AC2. Venice Rooftops is probably one of the best soundtracks in gaming.

Altair's Armor is also a way better reward than Brutus' knickers.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    2 and Brohood, close.

Brotherhood had cooler weapons and armor but AC2 has the better story and locations.

I feel like having Brohood in Rome only sort of weakened it. It was amazing how each town had a different feel in AC2. Venice Rooftops is probably one of the best soundtracks in gaming.

Altair's Armor is also a way better reward than Brutus' knickers.
    I feel ya. Those two are my fav and one is super closely behind.

last assassin's creed game I played and beat was AC2. I got bored 30min into brotherhood and haven't played an AC game since. Just isn't really my type of game. I was hoping for a more stealthy game, like dishonored or thief, what with being an assassin and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I feel ya. Those two are my fav and one is super closely behind.
    Really? I hated one. Endless cutscenes, combat isn't the best, last boss can be fodderised with 1 single move.

The cities were pretty meh, too. Revelations did it better.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Really? I hated one. Endless cutscenes, combat isn't the best, last boss can be fodderised with 1 single move.

The cities were pretty meh, too. Revelations did it better.
    Sorry, I meant the II trilogy. I played I first but it was not my fav after I player II, which I was blown away by.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze all the way. Brotherhood was the one that made me fall in love with the series, too bad my comp is too bad for Unity
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

Every comp is bad for Unity. It's garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Flag for sure. After playing that game, I felt all games required a personal pirate ship.