Deleted

r9 390x temperature issues?

Ive a question about the cooling on the 390x, ive got the msi gaming and im aware of the silent running feature with the fans not kicking in till 65 c

The thing is im not sure exactly how hard I should push this card? I did a basic overclock yesterday to 1150 core clock and 1650 memory clock with a slight voltage adjustment of +50 together with an overclock on my processer and I got some great results my linked 3dmark score is http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6055092 The thing is ive since toned it down as I found when gaming with this the card was reaching 80 c+ and I didnt feel comfortable at this temperature. its been a change for me anyway as I upgraded from a hd 7970 which didnt have the silent fan mode so going from a card that idles at 30-40 degrees to one that idles at 65 c took some getting used to as it was without feeling a bit `iffy`

so yeah im new to the 390x what can this thing handle? is 80-83 c an ok temperature to keep up for an extended session without damage or was I right to tone the oc down a bit(im back on the msi gaming software stock oc settings now of core at 1100 and memory at 1525 and tempratures hit about 65-70 when gaming, which to me feels comfier....`but` am I being to paranoid, can I push this more without damage? pretty new to the oc scene and the 390x so still working out whats `ok` to be running at temps wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately modern GPUs like to push the temps to 80C+. I'm not comfortable with it either that's why I stuck a water block on mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically the upper limit of it is 95C