Poll: How does Fitspiration images affect you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what other people look like. For me the wake up call was seeing myself wearing increasingly larger pants sizes and having to buy extra large cloths. After I noticed that I was just getting fatter and fatter, I made myself commit to losing the weight and getting in shape. Which I have lost a good deal of weight, hit the gym daily and watch what I eat. This was done without being "fitinspired"

Doesn't really move the needle for me to see people built like that. I have no desire to have that sort of appearance. I'm a semi-serious runner and cyclist, so for me to do well at the sports I care about, I'm not going to be carrying much in the way of extra bulk. Seeing lean, fit people does remind me to be a bit more disciplined about how I eat and drink. The people pictured by fitness magazines as the ideal can't remotely keep up with me in any endurance sport, which is what I care about, so I don't envy them at all.

Doesn't really affect me one way or another, so I voted don't care. The guy in the picture doesn't look too healthy tho, and I'd definitely not want to be as muscular as the ladies on the pictures, I agree with Fencers.

Deleted
    No, I only compete with myself.

I really don''t care what other people do in general unless it gives me a disadvantage if I would ignore it.

Deleted
    Don't care.
    I don't want to look like her. I am fine with being just skinny - and not working out.

Yeah seeing a ripped dude or woman does nothing for me... so no... it does not inspire me or demotivate me... it exist. It isn't appealing to me but if that's your bag... more power to you.

Deleted
    First:
    To look as ripped at that guy you need to spend your live at the gym, nobody has the time for that.

Second:
    I am pretty okay with my body/weight, I prolly could stand to build up some strenght but honestly; what am I supposed to do with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    From that picture of that that guy? No it does nothing.

From some pictures of other guys? It does them all at once.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blokes like that piss me right off,especially if they have tattoos. My ex literally drooled everytime she saw a pic of a bloke like that and im like sat here with my no tanned bit of a belly no muscles no tattooed arse thinking WTF.

And now ever since i hate when i see guys like that out in public they look so gay and i want to punch their face IN THE FACE!

Just depends on the guy and the pic. That one does nothing for me, but sometimes ill see someone like jason statham or daniel craig topless and think man, I need to do more pullups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Seeing pictures of people in much better shape than I am doesn't inspire me to exercise more. Seeing pictures of myself when I let myself go sure does, though! There's this one photo of me at the beach back in '98 or '99, and it's a sure fire cure for complacency in my eating or exercise.

Seeing my parents and in-laws is also a good motivator. They're firmly dedicated to lifestyles that will cause them to hobble into their graves after years of decrepitude and suffering, and I won't have that for myself. I wouldn't have it for them either if I could talk them out of it, but you can't get that generation to read a food label.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some fit people inspire me to improve my body. That guy however does not. That looks gross.

I spend 2 hours a week at the gym which is enough for me.

Absolutly neutral.

I'm in good shape but not ripped as the photo shopped guy.

People who get sad over seeing other's people sucess should really seek therapy and better their shapes so they get a more positive, less jealous and depressed body image.

There is always room for improvement, even for ourselves

that said, not everyone can have the same goals because we all have different talents - if you want to improve yourself, use goals that make sense for your own talents - IE if you have no acting skills, dont try to use actors goals, if you have no talent for ice skating, don't try to use an ice skaters goals...etc
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    First:
    To look as ripped at that guy you need to spend your live at the gym, nobody has the time for that.
    he did, so yeah, somebody does
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2015-09-25 at 03:31 PM.

I'd say I'm more muscular than either girl in the photo. Seeing in shape people does kind of make me feel good about keeping in shape though, I suppose. As of now, I really work out out of habit from being an athlete, and being used to the pace. It feels awkward if I'm not exerting myself for a good amount of time daily.