Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Restraining someone yes. Attacking someone with video footage of causing injury (head bleeding)? Much less so.

It's a 50/50 court case in my eyes.
    The only way to ensure safety of everyone is if the attacker is incapable of attacking. He could have gotten out of a restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The only way to ensure safety of everyone is if the attacker is incapable of attacking. He could have gotten out of a restraint.
    From a civil point of view, that's not how the argument goes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Restraining someone yes. Attacking someone with video footage of causing injury (head bleeding)? Much less so.

It's a 50/50 court case in my eyes.
    The bully had a couple friends. Restraining may have aggravated the situation. The rescuer used just enough force to stop the situation. Note that he didn't continue after the guy was down. That's precisely what self defense laws require -- just enough force to get out of the situation.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    The people who should "get rekt" and who should be prosecuted in that situation are all those people who did nothing to stop the bully from beating the blind kid.

As such, the guy who intervened punched the wrong guy out. He should've gone hulksmash on the onlookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Defense of Another is an affirmative defense to assault and battery charges.
    Law doesn't matter, schools have zero tolerance policies for violence

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    worst part is, from my experience with situations like these, the guy who knocked the bully out might get into trouble with the school as well, for he used violence to stop violence.

In my opinion though he should have hit harder.

I've never seen someone pick on a blind dude, I don't think there's anything more cowardly. Maybe throwing a blind, wheelchaired person off their wheelchair
    Depends on the school and how much coddling the school directors do. I knocked someone out in my first year of high school because some jerkoff guy from when I was in elementary school decided to pick on me one day. Suffice to say all I got was one early morning detention, which was cool cause I often went into school early to use the gym, so I went and did some weight lifting then served my 1 hour of detention before class started. The bully got suspended for a few days and was warned not to bother me again, though the physical beating that was laid upon him was enough to deter him from ever causing trouble again. It's amazing how dickless bullies are when they are around their friends, but as soon as they are alone they are nothing more than cowards who get what they deserve.

Saw this video earlier. This is a proper use of violence.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

The bully had a couple friends. Restraining may have aggravated the situation. The rescuer used just enough force to stop the situation. Note that he didn't continue after the guy was down. That's precisely what self defense laws require -- just enough force to get out of the situation.
    The school is his bigger problem. Even if he gets to court I doubt he'd get more than community hours considering the situation and their age. But a permanent school record would suck.

"Bully who punches blind kid gets rekt"

Hope I wasn't the only one who came here expecting Matt Murdock...

bully got what he deserved fucking rekt.

and i agree with others, the "hero" could end up in worse trouble, because the law is as stupid as the kid hitting the bully, we all know justice was served, but the law isn't about justice, it's about power, greed, corruption and money, money can make the law be on your side.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea, why was a group of people watching a defenseless person be assaulted? AND filming it? Come the hell on, humanity. That guy got what he deserved.

I do wonder, however, if there is another side to the story? Like, is that blind guy an ass and provoke people purposefully?
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

LOL, I love how the article warns about graphic language but not the violence. <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Depends on the school and how much coddling the school directors do. I knocked someone out in my first year of high school because some jerkoff guy from when I was in elementary school decided to pick on me one day. Suffice to say all I got was one early morning detention, which was cool cause I often went into school early to use the gym, so I went and did some weight lifting then served my 1 hour of detention before class started. The bully got suspended for a few days and was warned not to bother me again, though the physical beating that was laid upon him was enough to deter him from ever causing trouble again. It's amazing how dickless bullies are when they are around their friends, but as soon as they are alone they are nothing more than cowards who get what they deserve.
    I snapped on my bully after three years, I believe we were around age 14 or 15. Smashed his head against the chemistry table a couple of times. He never bothered me again, and no teacher seemed to really care either lol; should have done that earlier.

It's funny how bullies act tough because they think you'll suck it up forever. But once you throw a couple of punches they suddenly leave you alone because you are not worth the trouble anymore. Pack of idiots - I blame bad parenting / generally shit parents.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The school is his bigger problem. Even if he gets to court I doubt he'd get more than community hours considering the situation and their age. But a permanent school record would suck.
    See my first post in this thread. Schools are shit at dealing with bullying. It requires vigilantism to protect other students sometimes.

If you disagree, should everyone standing around just have kept watching the bully hit the blind kid? How long until an adult shows up?

Deleted
    blind kid was probs the one starting the fight. Lets see the whole video.

10+ Year Old Account
    If my son did this if he saw someone hitting a blind person or mentaly challenged person and then were to get suspended or even expelled I would praise him for doing the right thing.

say what you will far as him not having to result to that level, that kid had everything he got coming to him.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have punished him into hospital, Punching a blind kid? Like wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by DocHibb View Post

I do wonder, however, if there is another side to the story? Like, is that blind guy an ass and provoke people purposefully?
    "Fighting words" are not a justification for assault and battery.

See my first post in this thread. Schools are shit at dealing with bullying. It requires vigilantism to protect other students sometimes.

If you disagree, should everyone standing around just have kept watching the bully hit the blind kid? How long until an adult shows up?
    That was my first though. Everyone's just looking at them, recording the incident. Nobody but that one guy does anything.

It's retarded beyond belief.

Although he did act quite quickly, only two punches or so where thrown before the bully got knocked out

inb4 Falcon Punch gifs.

OT: Great Falcon Punch.