Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Mythic Council question

Just checking were other people that are killing this are transitioning.

Assuming we get two dps picked for bloodboil: We get Gurtogg down and have Blademaster at 70% when the first clones come out.
    This seems to be our current transition point, anything higher then that and we die like dogs to the damage output of Blademaster.

What percentages are most of the groups that are killing mythic council getting Blademaster on their transitions?

As far as I can figure with my group if a healer gets picked for blood boil it's just better to immediately wipe.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-09-25 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling

How many healers are you using? My guild's dd's aren't exactly the best (sub 5%tile on our first kill with felrage on two healers), but it never felt all that intense healingwise after the first split was over. Up to the end of the first split, you should have plenty cd's if you're going with five heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Just checking were other people that are killing this are transitioning.

Assuming we get two dps picked for bloodboil: We get Gurtogg down and have Blademaster at 70% when the first clones come out.
    This seems to be our current transition point, anything higher then that and we die like dogs to the damage output of Blademaster.

What percentages are most of the groups that are killing mythic council getting Blademaster on their transitions?

As far as I can figure with my group if a healer gets picked for blood boil it's just better to immediately wipe.
    I don't really pay attention to dps mechanics in general, but iirc the problem for us on progression was avoiding 3 stacks of Tainted Blood, the mechanic which lowers your maximum health for the rest of the encounter.

We noticed a rather staggering difference having to heal through 2 and 3 stacks of the debuff, so make sure you aren't just getting 3 stacks of this when Gurtogg dies.

Otherwise, it's just about having a proper healing cd rotation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We lust as soon as mirror images are exactly 40 seconds away, that way you get full lust on Gurtogg, and any remainder on Jubei'thos.

Our DPS is high so we just have people cleave full time and focus Jubei'thos until the first Felrage. Whether it's a healer or DPS really doesn't matter. Basically try and position it so the second Felrage happens when Gurtogg is around 40-45%. Rings come up several seconds after Gurtogg hits 30%.

When it was progression for us a couple months ago we just aimed to only get two stacks of tainted blood, and Jubei'thos to around 70%. Right now we get Jubei'thos to 40-50% when his mirror images go out, and never get a second set of images.

Basically lust when mirror image is 40 seconds out, 2 min/Rings on pull and aim to have both of those things up right when Gurtogg hits 30%. If you're having problems with DPS and getting three stacks of tainted blood, have your DPS with 3 min CDs hold onto them until the 30% burn on Gurtogg. It can be done with 3 stacks of tainted blood, but it's obviously a lot easier if your whole raid has 10% more max health for the encounter.

You want to front load CD's at the start of the split and only target the spinning mirrors. The ones that chuck blades can be completely ignored. Once you've killed a few spinners (start closest to furthest and don't run to Africa) the healing becomes significantly easier.

Deleted
    What helped for us was dps focusfiring the closest few mirror images down really quickly, rather than going dpswhoring on everything. This takes the edge off the raid damage and lets you power through fairly easily with some cd organisation.

Biggest key for us getting our first kill was when we learned/figured out that the Mirror Images share damage taken with the real Blademaster after he reappears. Essentially we killed off ~half of the images that were near the raid to make the damage manageable then just nuke Dia. Blademaster reappears after the Reap goes out in that first Mirror Image phase, so we move her away as we spread for Reap and then get back on Blademaster and all of the images left just melt away.

Your dps sounds on track to me.

It's perfectly reasonable to kill it with a healer getting fel rage and 3 stacks of tainted blood. I believe that was the case in our first kill.

Yeah, here, Jubei'thos is at 76% when we hit mirrors.

Perfectly doable.