Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    Shallow though it might be, the awareness caused by the ice bucket challenge brought in $128 million to the ALSA and its branches. More than 5 times the amount they normally make in a year.
    Hell, more than that, all that money brought in drove research into a frenzy, and earlier this year a breakthrough towards a cure for ALS was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    ROFL - you cannot be serious? Is that what you REALLY think? If so - that is just fucking pathetic. /smh
    I don't have to just think it. I get presented with the evidence for it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Not really - Obama is a complete piece of shit and a complete and total fucking idiot. Not surprising at all.
    Our country is better in nearly every way than it was 6.5 years ago thanks to the progressive policies that Obama pushed. This is in spite of the current crop of American conservatives that tried to obstruct that progress every single step of the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Companies aren't cashing in, they are making a political statement.
    It's free publicity which turns into profit. It is very much cashing in. The political statement they could give a crap about I assure you, that's just how the public sees it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It's free publicity which turns into profit. It is very much cashing in. The political statement they could give a crap about I assure you, that's just how the public sees it.
    But this 14 year old totally knew this is how it would go

cant build a clock, but can manipulate the world...... I love it

Deleted
    i just wish this story would go away, getting sick of seeing it all over the internet!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i just wish this story would go away, getting sick of seeing it all over the internet!!
    Its the conspiracy nuts who keep this up

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with this incident on any front, it just seems to come off as more of a distraction than anything else, a distraction from far more important issues.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Called it ages ago. This only shows how gullible and PC the West has become.

To be entirely honest, I do find myself concerned with this whole situation. But I don't particularly care whether or not Ahmed planned the whole thing out or not. The important thing to take away from this is that it could have worked that way. There's this strange societal obsession with "trendy" victimization, and it makes me wonder if there might be some overarching consequences that aren't really considered. Usually because examining this sort of thing with any kind of scrutinizing lens automatically yields public shame. Which sort of compounds the issue, in my mind. I don't know. It's just something to think about, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Oh it'll stay for a while, at least until everyone who wants milk benefits from it does, or a better story comes along.

I just want everyone to start using the "Clock King" as his super villain moniker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I don't agree with this incident on any front, it just seems to come off as more of a distraction than anything else, a distraction from far more important issues.
    Like bombs that look like briefcase clocks. National security is at risk!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I agree, just like when Right Wingers and Corporate sponsors pretend they give a shit about troops, and do some shallow meaningless BS to ignore all the terrible crap they do any other time, like send those very soldiers to die in meaningless wars for $$$!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Called it ages ago. This only shows how gullible and PC the West has become.
    it was like last week lol

/10charsimissyou

I think you're giving a teenager too much credit. School was dumb, got media attention, companies cash in for publicity. Open and shut
    school was really just being caustious which I can understand, but the officer just wow, oh a bomb? lets not evacuate the school. Hoax bomb? under what pretext? "hey look at this clock I made in electronics class" becomes a bomb? hoax or otherwise which warrants being arrested? why? oh thats right he's brown.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    it was like last week lol

/10charsimissyou
    A week is 7 years in the mind of a cynical man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You called that a 14 tear old would tamper with a clock and get sent to the white house, well done.
    I think you're just mad you legit thought this was real.

The media storm over this kid is ridiculous, and the offers and free stuff he's being given is just fucking stupid. He got wrongly arrested... that's IT. He deserves an apology and maybe some compensation, but none of this crap everyone's spontaneously showering him with. The only reason anybody's heard of this kid at all is the media spotlight they shoved in his face to make a story for themselves. Now microsoft and colleges are jumping on the bandwagon for the publicity.

You don't see all the thousands of other victims of wrongful arrests or prejudice given a damn thing, because the media doesn't deem them 'newsworthy' enough to milk them.

But if you think for a moment he "planned" this you have deep seated problems. The world needs to leave the kid alone now, especially the damn media.

10+ Year Old Account
    So according to many people on this board

he is not smart enough to make a clock

but he is smart enough to manipulate the entire country

at the age of 14

Now remove one of the wires from the clock and see if he can make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I got an old Nintendo in my garage, tomorrow i'm going to take it apart and put the various pieces into tupper ware jars. I wonder if Google will invite me to the next Science Fair.... oh wait a minute, I'm white.
    Did you get arrested even tho the school knew it wasn't a bomb? Are u really gonna be this dishonest? he didn't just take apart a clock there was more to this story. The way the school handle this is why its such a big deal.