Thread: Undertale

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Undertale is an extremely good game and blew away my expectations. It's also very obvious that it was made by one or two people, music and art included, because of how well everything meshes together. Definitely not too many cooks in the kitchen on this one.

As for a sequel, I don't know if it really needs a direct sequel, but something in the same style or set in the same world (Overtale?) would be nice. There's also the possibility of patching in/adding DLC for W.D. Gaster stuff, maybe in the form of another, very weird ending. The stuff that's already in there is just ambiguous enough to feel like a teaser.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2015-11-15 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Have you done the true pacifist ending then? I'm going to guess not based on your statements.

A lot of your questions get answered there. Especially if, after you beat the final boss in the True Pacifist Ending, you go all the way back to the first screen of the game and speak with the NPC there.

Also, as for Sans, the Genocide run really expands on his breaking of the Fourth Wall.
    I did true pacifist and watched a genocide run.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems Papyrus always will believe in you. Imagine if their was a way where he no longer does... that would be heart breaking

- - - Updated - - -

http://2static.fjcdn.com/large/pictu...7d_5723280.jpg

So I played it this week, finished the main runs ([Near] Best Neutral, Pacifist, and Genocide [and even Hard Mode if you enter your name as Frisk), it's still stuck with me and I constantly listen to the soundtrack every day. I only wish I had the power to erase specific memories in my brain so I could re-experience my blind playthroughs of each mode.

If you've ever been on the fence about this game, I guarantee you will love it if you enjoyed games like Earthbound. While I never played EB (I've watched it and Mother 3 extensively though), Undertale takes EB to a whole new level.

... and I'm sure you've heard of this before, but you absolutely can date a Skeleton. ... and a nerdy Lisa Simpson Dinosaur Monster.

Seriously though, go pick it up and give it a try, especially if you loved Earthbound. It's like Earthbound but far, FAR better than it. Oh, and it'll take your feels and just twist them 10x harder than your feels have ever been twisted before. There's also a boss at the end of one of the runs that rivals Giygas in terms of "... wtf?".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also heavily reminded me of Paper Mario in terms of the wit of the writing.

Papyrus would fit right into Paper Mario.

... and I'm sure you've heard of this before, but you absolutely can date a Skeleton. ... and a nerdy Lisa Simpson Dinosaur Monster.
    And learn cooking from a crazy fish amazon woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    it's still stuck with me and I constantly listen to the soundtrack every day.
    There are also many fantastic remixes of the original soundtracks, if you have the time you should look them up on YT.

For instance:

Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-11-22 at 08:20 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The Soundtrack is definitely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    There are also many fantastic remixes of the original soundtracks, if you have the time you should look them up on YT.

For instance:

Let me also add:

(Warning of posible SPOILERS)

Last edited by Lionwoman; 2015-11-22 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Shame Undertale didn't win anything at the VGAs this year, but the fact it was a later release and an indie game with a small dev team and was still nominated when this was a massive year for AAA titles is impressive on its own, I feel like.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-12-04 at 03:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Undertale didn't win any of its nomination in VGAs just shows how shitty spice is about the game industries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need more undertale in mah life

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    The fact that Undertale didn't win any of its nomination in VGAs just shows how shitty spice is about the game industries.
    It's all about appealing to peoples stupidity, just like what feminism, politicans and other kinds of bullshit does in order to pander to people with no taste and common sense.

10+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Oh my. It looks like you really liked the game...But the strange part if that you didn't like it before. Because, you know.

10+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Chara's face though.... reminds me of

10+ Year Old Account

I don't mean to be "that guy" But I feel like we may not want to post embeded's on this thread considering it lacks a spoiler tag, a link in a spoiler text would be much preferable, or have the mod/OP add spoilers to the thread title.

10+ Year Old Account

Hehehehehehe

Hehehehehehe
    haha pretty spot on
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "