Thread: Cheating

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

Cheating

Here's a thread from Blizz forums that had a lot of relevant things to say about cheating, bots, hacks - all of which I've seen when I RBG'ed and is the biggest reason I quit. I couldn't post in it because I'm unsubbed for too long. But ofc it got locked by the bootlickers because it was "necroed".

Lame. They just can't stand to see the truth told about their shit PvP, and the fact they're doing nothing about it. I'm linking it here because I think it deserves further discussion without unfair censorship:

Why Isn't Cheating Aggressively Punished?

*Hats off to Saeres for putting it up there.

Comments?
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-09-26 at 05:07 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they never aggressively cared about pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually not true. Blizz obviously cares about PvP because they allow the higher-ranked players who stream and video to keep cheating. Reason? Money. It's free PR advertising for Blizz and keeps people subbing.

Not to mention 3 new maps in MoP, creating Ashran and the BS PvP scene we have in WoD, and their proposed changes in Legion. So obv they care enough to keep it going, and enough to protect their bottom line. That hasn't translated to the main player base.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-10-03 at 03:14 AM.

Cheaters / Gold sellers are subscribers, so they will NO MORE ban anyone especially after the 5 millions loss.

that thread you linked started in 2014 -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the long & short of it, but it won't change I think until more people have quit than are paying subs to cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    that thread you linked started in 2014 -_-
    It's still relevant today, and only got closed 2 days ago. Unless you're trying to say the problem has been fixed by Blizz?

As one poster said:

"Would say "Necro", but to be honest I find it disappointing that this thread is almost a year old and is talking about the same things that plague PVP today.

I'm not giving them anymore money. Sooner or later the people who don't want to cheat but want rated PVP will stop as well."
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-09-26 at 06:18 AM.

I don't think it is just the sub money. They have a whole system set up and people employed to "monitor" bots and try to figure them out. When they do ban it is in very systematic and automated waves. The only way to really combat bots is manually ban them, even if it is just the very obvious ones in bot latenight bot trains. That way people would actually have to think twice before taking the risk. If they were to do that though it would mean a few dozen more employees and completely overhauling whatever system they have in place now. But most of all it would also mean a big increase in support workload with most people trying to overturn the bans.

And then of course there is also the sub losses. But I'd think that that is more of a temporary thing. Yes it will put a dent into the sub numbers for a while, but after some time and effective bot banning a majority of people would stop honorbuddying and the numbers would stabilize.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^

The ban wave last May was merely PR spin to make it seem like they were doing something, a bit of sour grapes too because they had just lost the lawsuit in Germany. It was a joke because the bans were 6 months, not permas, and those banned accts. will be back in Nov. Hiring employees is the opposite of what Blizz has been doing. They don't want to spend a nickel more unless forced to. Just like you can't get a GM in-game to reply to a ticket until 1-2 days, etc. and so on.

Post #62 from the Blizz thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzasan
    Last day of the season we were helping some guys get safe hero and we faced the same fly hacking rogue on just CtF maps 4 times almost in a row. One of the guys placed a complaint through the ticket system (granted the only way he got a fast reply was to mention suicide, which gives you a great increase in reactivity from the GM) and the GM ensured that he/she would keep an eye on the person in question.

We faced the guy two more times with one of the games, the said team member spamming the GM that he was in the game fly hacking and starts linking screenshots of the person doing it. Of course by the time the GM responds he claims that he is watching the person and he is dueling in the desert and not fly hacking and that he/she could not accept screenshots as acceptable proof of cheating.

The GM knew the person was supposedly cheating and that we faced the guy several times and claimed they would watch for cheating, yet an entire BG went by with said person zooming across the map freely and the GM doesn't catch it. What are the doing alt+tab looking at !@#$?

The system is utterly broke. There needs to be more proactive monitoring of RBGs in the future. GMs actively available to enter games and catch cheating. When these people reported for cheating enter an RBG they need to be notified so they can monitor for exploits/cheats.

You shouldn't have to result to mentioning suicide or bombing or other trigger words to get a GM response. It shows a total lack and disregard for the PVP player base.

...so much for the assumption that they have "a whole system set up and people employed to "monitor" bots..."
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-09-26 at 06:42 AM.

I always compare Wow with Diablo 3 in the "Ban policy".
    Both games from the same category.
    In Diablo 3 (in the early days) if you got caught botting you were perma ban directly.
    Last week some people were caught exploiting and .. perma ban.
    You see when you get ban on diablo.. you have to buy another account and that means more $$ for blizzard.

In Wow.. people pay subscription, so if they perma ban someone they are losing money.
    And if someone gets perma banned in wow they need to buy 6 games.. they just dont return.

Different games, different type of making money, same company, different criteria.

I think this is such a huge problem that you either have to quit or join them. Either choice will enlarge the problem in a manner of a vicious circle that only blizzard can break.

Deleted
    because getting 15€ a month is more importan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I think this is such a huge problem that you either have to quit or join them. Either choice will enlarge the problem in a manner of a vicious circle that only blizzard can break.
    It seems to be that way. I know no one at higher ranks who got there w/o cheating in some form or tolerating it on a team, or piloted, wintraded, etc.

I've seen many openly brag about it on Blizz's own forums, or that it's not fun to play w/o cheating or against a team that is. It goes on and on.

My position on this from a customer standpoint is that I've paid for the use of a product just like the abusers, yet I can't use the product as intended. I'm forced to join them for any hope of moving up the ladders, or for even being viable beyond 2k level.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    It seems to be that way. I know no one at higher ranks who got there w/o cheating in some form or tolerating it on a team, or piloted, wintraded, etc.

I've seen many openly brag about it on Blizz's own forums, or that it's not fun to play w/o cheating or against a team that is. It goes on and on.

My position on this from a customer standpoint is that I've paid for the use of a product just like the abusers, yet I can't use the product as intended. I'm forced to join them for any hope of moving up the ladders, or for even being viable beyond 2k level.
    I agree and I am glad you have common sense. I've seen numerous times pvper's criticizing scripts, bots and hacks while they are "ok" with win-trading, boosts and other forms of cheating. It seems some people are hypocritical and selective regarding the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    It seems some people are hypocritical and selective regarding the matter.
    Yep, which is usually directly proportional to how much money they're making on the scripts & boosts.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another example of what these pathetic neckbeards are doing to the game. Any wonder why Blizz has lost 5 million+ players?

Thread on Blizz forums.

Oh wow, that video was just sad. I do like WoW, but I feel they don't care regarding cheating, which is such a shame

I saw a guy streaming while flying around in arena yesterday, went to twitch today again and he was doing it again.

exactly the reason why i stopped pvping. Just to many cheaters that want the reward but not put in the effort. If he can play like that WHILE broadcasting, imao should be banned within the hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm not going to post the pictures I have, the whole NAME AND SHAME shit.. But I've literally reported bot's with screenshots, and dedicated myself to absolutely forgetting about the objective in pvp situations, JUST to make sure Blizzard has enough ammo to ban accounts. I love when scumbag botters get the boot, and I'm happy to say, it makes me smile more knowing dumbass's with "BEEN HERE SINCE ALPHA STRESS TESTS" getting the hammer becuase I reported them with screenshots.

Get rekt m8

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I'm not going to post the pictures I have, the whole NAME AND SHAME shit.. But I've literally reported bot's with screenshots, and dedicated myself to absolutely forgetting about the objective in pvp situations, JUST to make sure Blizzard has enough ammo to ban accounts. I love when scumbag botters get the boot, and I'm happy to say, it makes me smile more knowing dumbass's with "BEEN HERE SINCE ALPHA STRESS TESTS" getting the hammer becuase I reported them with screenshots.

Get rekt m8
    Do you also report the majority of rank 1 players that destroy the ladders and crush legit duelists and gladiators by selling boosts? That has way more negative impact than a botter at 1500 mmr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Get rekt m8
    I think cheaters deserve to be outed and their antics put on display anywhere possible - from R1's and higher ranks down through the rest of Rated, and to random BGs. The more people know their names maybe more will stop playing with them, or people will quit WoW which is really the only thing that will ever force Blizz to control this shit.

Here's just a few more of the latest examples on Blizz forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19136254100

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19072118385

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19136673478

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19136833835

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18710648018

Cheaters accusing other cheaters and each claiming they don't cheat, some bragging about it (though not as blatantly as in MoP or since the lame ban wave last May)...it goes on and on.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-10-03 at 03:10 AM.

yet anytime someone does get banned for cheating, botting, etc. they post threads here about how they weren't cheating and the majority of posters complain Blizz is to harsh in their punishment