Can anyone check to see how much HD space SWTOR takes up?

Hey everybody,

Thinking about reinstalling SWTOR

Bandwidth isnt an issue with having to download it, but it will be going on my SSD and space is a bit limited compared to when i had swtor installed last. Can anyone check really quick to see how much hard drive space SWTOR takes up installed?

thanks

Deleted
    Mine is currently at 28.4 GB, had it since beta, so perhaps not accurate number, but around there I'd say.

OK well i just tried to reinstall it and i dont know wtf is going on with the game...

It said it would need 25gb of harddrive space. I had 44gb before i started the install. So part way through it stopped the download/install and gave me some error message saying "installation of the driver and support components need administrative" yadda yadda. I googled it and found a fix but when i tried to relaunch the launcher it said i had no harddrive space and i went and looked and i only had 128mb left.

Maybe i can try reinstalling it but putting it on my passport external drive or something.

As a rule of thumb, you usually need 2-3x as much space when installing it. Essentially it makes copies of files when installing and extracting them, and then deletes the unused files after.

It's a little unfortunate, because SWTOR really benefits from being on an SSD drive. Is there something else on that drive you could move or uninstall to make space for SWTOR?

Rohan is spot on ...btw you are not missing much if you don't play it

Yah i figured it would do that since a lot of the games i install do the same thing where during the install the size is bigger but once done it is smaller. But i just wasnt expecting it to say 25gb required but it used up 44 maybe more. I probably could install it to an external and once done i could move it to the SSD. Only thing that i can uninstall is WoW but after 2 months back i'm starting to get a little bored with it. I've barely done any WoD dungeons and dungeons is actually what i like to do. Even though i started playing in classic i barely did any of the classic dungeons except for spamming the ones at level 60. But in the last two months i've been making low levels and just running them through dungeons, but now i'm bored of that.

Anyways my WoW sub token runs out in 15 days and maybe i'll uninstall WoW and just reinstall SWTOR or some other game.

Deleted
    Mine stands att 44GB.How can yours be 10-20 less?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    mine stands at ~ 55 GB, but includes test environment

would still fit on SSD, but not much else other stuff ( besides windows )

Quote Originally Posted by Rafdro View Post
    Mine stands att 44GB.How can yours be 10-20 less?
    Did you ever play the PTR? Even once. Mines pretty high too from what I remember because I play on the PTR every so often. It could be upwards of 45g or more if you have the PTR loaded.

Normal is about 28/29 gig though.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-10-08 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just reinstalled last week, only sitting at around 28.9gigs. Might have clutter from patches or what not.