I think I missed something - why is everyone speccing haste now?

Hello all.

I always come here to ask questions but I completely missed this:

I see people that are speccing haste gems, enchants, and everything and going full ChiEx build for single and multi-target fights.

My question is why?

And is our rotation different?

I assume now it's use chiex on 3-4 chi (3 for ST and 4 for cleave) but prioritize FoF and RSK respectively?

Is this just a huge dps increase or am I missing something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Single Target it's actually a DPS loss. ChiEx was very, very close though before the last small patch (which buffed WW) IF you had the T18 4p AND the class trinket. Still, on many fights in HFC ChiEx is actually strong (or even stronger than Serenity) due to having some kind of adds/second target.

The optimal rotation for ChiEx is to get up to 5/6 chi before using it regardless of how many targets you fight. This is to avoid wasting Combo Breaker procs because it procs while you're at low chi. FoF always has priority over RSK and ChiEx, RSK has priority over ChiEx in single target situations, once you fight 2 or 3 targets you use RSK only for the debuff. Prior to the WW buff, it used to be that RSK was weaker per chi than ChiEx as soon as you had a second target. You might need a third target now due to the buff (RSK was buffed, ChiEx was not), but I haven't bothered to check the numbers yet.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    Single Target it's actually a DPS loss. ChiEx was very, very close though before the last small patch (which buffed WW) IF you had the T18 4p AND the class trinket. Still, on many fights in HFC ChiEx is actually strong (or even stronger than Serenity) due to having some kind of adds/second target.

The optimal rotation for ChiEx is to get up to 5/6 chi before using it regardless of how many targets you fight. This is to avoid wasting Combo Breaker procs because it procs while you're at low chi. FoF always has priority over RSK and ChiEx, RSK has priority over ChiEx in single target situations, once you fight 2 or 3 targets you use RSK only for the debuff. Prior to the WW buff, it used to be that RSK was weaker per chi than ChiEx as soon as you had a second target. You might need a third target now due to the buff (RSK was buffed, ChiEx was not), but I haven't bothered to check the numbers yet.
    Thank you for your input, but does that mean I should spec haste all around the board and only spec for serenity for like 2 fights? (Reaver and say Gorefiend?)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I would use Serenity is where Chi Ex will almost never or never cleave at all, namely Reaver, Gorefiend and Fel Lord. That's 3 out of 13 bosses. As such I still use haste enchants

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoy0lol View Post
    Thank you for your input, but does that mean I should spec haste all around the board and only spec for serenity for like 2 fights? (Reaver and say Gorefiend?)
    Gearing Haste and speccing Serenity are two different questions not tied to each other.

Haste, if (AND ONLY IF) you have Archimonde's trinket and t18 4pc is the better stat on average for all fights due to how many fights in HFC can make use of Chi Explosion. Using Serenity is based on the fight. I personally just respecced Multistrike because I prefer the more paced playstyle and Serenity. I also use Serenity on Reaver, Zakuun, Gorefiend, and Socrethar although Socrethar and Reaver seem to be more open to opinions.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Gearing Haste and speccing Serenity are two different questions not tied to each other.

Haste, if (AND ONLY IF) you have Archimonde's trinket and t18 4pc is the better stat on average for all fights due to how many fights in HFC can make use of Chi Explosion. Using Serenity is based on the fight. I personally just respecced Multistrike because I prefer the more paced playstyle and Serenity. I also use Serenity on Reaver, Zakuun, Gorefiend, and Socrethar although Socrethar and Reaver seem to be more open to opinions.
    Okay, awesome.

I do have the Archimonde trinket (Heroic Socketed Warforged, actually ;p) and 4pc set. I will go just use all my sockets and enchants to haste then.

Thanks all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoy0lol View Post

I do have the Archimonde trinket (Heroic Socketed Warforged, actually ;p)
    hate you :c

because we are talking chi ex: do i cast chi ex with 1 chi and combo breaker to get to 2 chi? and if there are 3 targets do i cast Storm earth fire and chi ex all the way or is there a dps loss when i use chi ex and SEF?
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    because we are talking chi ex: do i cast chi ex with 1 chi and combo breaker to get to 2 chi? and if there are 3 targets do i cast Storm earth fire and chi ex all the way or is there a dps loss when i use chi ex and SEF?
    No, never use CX below 2 Chi. Minimum of 2 Chi for combo breaker, 3 Chi w/o combo breaker, and 4 chi if it will hit a 2nd target. There is a DPS gain using CX and SEF just like there's a gain using Serenity and SEF. Because you will cleave on the other targets and your clones will cleave on yours, SEF is a huge part of maximising Chi Ex usage in multitargets.

And when i am hitting only one target, am specced ChiEx and have 4 Chi? Is it still a dps gain to go Tiger Palm -> Chi Ex? Or just ChiEx and "waste" that 4th chi?

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    And when i am hitting only one target, am specced ChiEx and have 4 Chi? Is it still a dps gain to go Tiger Palm -> Chi Ex? Or just ChiEx and "waste" that 4th chi?
    the 4th wasted chi nets you more TEB stacks so it's not a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    the 4th wasted chi nets you more TEB stacks so it's not a bad thing.
    The 4th Chi counts toward TEB stacks just the same as if you used it for Tiger Palm.

If you have the Archimonde trinket then you don't want to use Tiger Palm for that 4th Chi, you want to include it in ChiEx so that you have an additional Chi's worth of chance to proc the trinket and get a free RSK.

If you don't have the Archimonde trinket then Tiger Palm does more damage for that one Chi than ChiEx will if you have only one target.