Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The actual game is awesome.

Haha how people get angry at me because this ain't actual advertising

But they never use actual ingame footage for their ads

Here, their TV ad

Please keep on telling me how this is a cinematic. Totally not how their advertise their game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    For my own records, are you simple in the head?
    Yea from multiple threads we know who's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    I wanna smoke what OP's smoking
    Unfortunately this is what happens when I don't have anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    it's called a cinematic trailer. everyone knows ingame engines are not used for cinematic trailers. next.

A thousand times this^^.

/30charpfft

And yes, they've used in game footage for trailers, just not in a very long time.

Okay, wtf. We got a lot of legit problems with companies posting screenshots and so called "gameplay" trailers with way overhyped graphics, and empty promises, and what you are mad about is a CINEMATIC THAT EVERYONE WHO GOT AN IQ OVER 50 KNOWS IS JUST A GOT DAMN CINEMATIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Okay, wtf. We got a lot of legit problems with companies posting screenshots and so called "gameplay" trailers with way overhyped graphics, and empty promises, and what you are mad about is a CINEMATIC THAT EVERYONE WHO GOT AN IQ OVER 50 KNOWS IS JUST A GOT DAMN CINEMATIC.
    As if I don't know that this is a cinematic, captain capslock. It's still their running ad on TV, they don't even bother putting up a second of real game footage.

And it's pissing me off because it has nothing to do with the game, it's just an empty cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ok, and? Do you understand what "false advertising" actually is?
    Who cares, then it isn't false advertising per definition

It's still their official ad though

Then what's your actual complaint?
    That it doesn't show anything that has to do with their game.

You shouldn't throw out a high def cinematic for a 2d game (in b4 sc isn't a 2d game)

Why? Because that's not what it is.

Like, is this really that hard to understand? Is it weird to ask for ingame footage to be the driving factor behind a commercial?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You've just pissed off a whole gang of video game nerds on a video game platform.
    Are you really surprised now?

I actually get it completely what you're aiming for. I totally see what you mean.
    But then... Think car commercials now for a moment.
    Many of those show you the new model, but what the car actually does in the commercial, not really comparable to reality either.
    Or movie trailers that in themselves don't always reflect what the movie actually really is.... 100 minutes of boredom could be cut into 2 minutes action packed trailer that makes you wanna watch the movie.

Yet I still understand your point. As German you're probably used to truer advertisement, since there are strict laws against false advertisement in Germany.
    But I think, this is not such case.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

OP: Then do not buy their game simple as that.

Also They paid for the advertisement slot. They can do almost anything they want to do with it be it this commercial, a wall or rock its their choice. If you do not like it do not buy their product but i will guarantee you 1000 will buy it in your place.
    Last edited by Hablion; 2015-09-26 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You've just pissed off a whole gang of video game nerds on a video game platform.
    Are you really surprised now?

I actually get it completely what you're aiming for. I totally see what you mean.
    But then... Think car commercials now for a moment.
    Many of those show you the new model, but what the car actually does in the commercial, not really comparable to reality either.
    Or movie trailers that in themselves don't always reflect what the movie actually really is.... 100 minutes of boredom could be cut into 2 minutes action packed trailer that makes you wanna watch the movie.

Yet I still understand your point. As German you're probably used to truer advertisement, since there are strict laws against false advertisement in Germany.
    But I think, this is not such case.
    Aw man finally. I have the feeling that for the most time on this board, you are one of the very few who instantly understand what I'm trying to say.

And I agree, especially movie commercials have been grinding my gears ever since. That's how they lured me into Hunger Games 2. The jet that got shot with the bow? Yes, legitimately the only interesting scene in the whole movie. Everything else was just talk. Could have dl'd it.

Car commercials, too. Show me that the car is fucking fun to drive in the city and on the highway, not that you can go 90° up a mountain and then stop with a drift in front of a cliff.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically you think that advertising should ONLY be images of the product?
    Mostly, yes. Or at least bother with fucking 5 seconds of ingame footage.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2015-09-26 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure anyone is pissed off
    the rampant outright insults in his direction indicate otherwise though.

Not sure anyone is pissed off, it's just another one of those instances of someone bitching and not even using the terminology right for what they're bitching about, and the thing they're bitching about being total nonsense on top of that. Of course people are going to suggest that maybe he's not all there.
    Yea if I reacted that way to people posting about feminist stuff all day long or any other thread really I'd be banned about 5 times a day. I don't even know why I'm getting defensive lol

But they never use actual ingame footage for their ads

Here, their TV ad

Please keep on telling me how this is a cinematic. Totally not how their advertise their game

In the UK, that ad would be illegal as presented, as it does not say "not ingame footage"

Imo this is false advertisment youtube.com/watch?v=6lGXDM3LGnk , not the starting cinematic .

Honestly, you sound like one of those characters in the movies that gets teleported to "today" from the 14th century or something. As if you just now noticed or realized that the entire point of advertising/marketing is to draw you in with exciting images, sounds, situations, and so on.

I suppose this is also why you see those little disclaimers on commercials for kids toys that say things like, "Toy does not actually allow child to travel through time" because some asshole, somewhere, must have purchased the toy and when it wasn't actually an authentic Optimus Prime that could really turn into a full-sized truck and drive them around, they got mad.
    Really, that's what you compare an overly buffed cinematic to, and you suggest that I'm not all there?

Also, why do I sound like I just noticed it

Cinematics are part of the Starcraft game. When you buy the game the cinematics are in it. Ergo they are in game footage on a technicality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Imo this is false advertisment youtube.com/watch?v=6lGXDM3LGnk , not the starting cinematic .
    yeah i'd say thats false advertising, same with the wotlk trailer advertising features that were never implemented (i think even the wotlk box mentions some features that are not in game) that is false advertising!

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    When that starting cinematic is legitimately the only form of advertisement they use, I beg to differ.

But apparently people here really love to watch commercials of games which don't even remotely look like the final game. I wasn't aware.

As per usual I might go into my corner and reflect.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2015-09-26 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaris View Post
    In the UK, that ad would be illegal as presented, as it does not say "not ingame footage"
    yeah was about to say, basically every game cinematic ive seen on tv/online in the UK has "not ingame footage" at the top or bottom of the screen

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw man finally. I have the feeling that for the most time on this board, you are one of the very few who instantly understand what I'm trying to say.

And I agree, especially movie commercials have been grinding my gears ever since. That's how they lured me into Hunger Games 2. The jet that got shot with the bow? Yes, legitimately the only interesting scene in the whole movie. Everything else was just talk. Could have dl'd it.
    Idealization in commercials is definitely a big problem. And sadly enough people fall for it, else it wouldn't be done.
    That burger from McD, it never looks that good in reality.
    That coke it never really sparks as it does in the commercials.
    Heineken beer never turned a social gathering into a raving party either (in Europe that would probably a reason to leave the party if Heineken was the beer of choice served at a party lol).
    The teeth too never spark when you brush em. There's no such toothpaste.
    The list could be extended.